Blocks & Decoration Reinforced Steel!

LoM2

Retinazer
Hello all! First suggestion here, very minor one.

I've been seeing a lot of "anti-noclipping" block ideas lately (fine, I've seen two) but they mostly seem to only make sense for spirit based enemies...

As an addenum to said ideas: Reinforced Steel!

I went to the trouble of making a really bad sprite.

DAHggM0.png

At this point, I think it should be fairly obvious what this does. Keeps out noclipping non-spirit enemies (worms, wyverns, bone serpents, floaty ichor things, etc). Useful for building in the sky or underground.

"But m2, I want to build with other stuffs" you might be saying... and for once I've got that covered.

WSW1CLD.png

See that? If you can't, I don't blame you, my color choice was a little poor in this situation. ANYWAYS, you'll be able to place that on top of a block and it'll give it the properties of reinforced steel. Yay!

All bosses, except King Slime and any other boss that doesn't noclip (pretty sure KS is the only one), will treat reinforced steel like a normal block.

RECIPE: If first option: 1 stone and 2 iron/lead ore
If second option: 2 iron/lead bars (Makes 4)

For balance issues: We're using hallowed bars.
First option: 10 stone + 1 hallowed bar (Makes 10)
Second option: 1 Hallowed Bar (Makes 5)
However, I am too lazy to recolor the sprite.

Alright, I'm pretty much done here. Feel free to leave feedback/yell at me for horrible spriting <3[/S]

Last edited:
Sounds alright, actually. I mean, it'd be great for shelter, but I'm not sure people would primarily use it for their glorious mansions. Anyway, I can say I'm a supporter of this.

I think you mean you saw one from me and one rant thread demanding something that blocks ghosts be added. (unless there was another thread on this that I missed?)

Anyway, I was debating adding anti-wyvern/worm stuff to mine, but this would also work, and makes more sense as well for blocking burrowing enemies. Support.

Also, wouldn't Floaty Gross be ghosts?

I think you mean you saw one from me and one rant thread demanding something that blocks ghosts be added. (unless there was another thread on this that I missed?)

Anyway, I was debating adding anti-wyvern/worm stuff to mine, but this would also work, and makes more sense as well for blocking burrowing enemies. Support.

Also, wouldn't Floaty Gross be ghosts?
Well, that one's kinda ambiguous. Yes, its kinda a ghost, but its also a flesh based monster... Also it looks kinda like a solid thing... I am not entirely sure at this point.

Well, that one's kinda ambiguous. Yes, its kinda a ghost, but its also a flesh based monster... Also it looks kinda like a solid thing... I am not entirely sure at this point.

Whatever it is, it phases through walls, and there needs to be a way to stop it.

Don't think I like that one. Wyverns are already a sad piece of sack with their multi-segmented bodies. The rest I can live with.

How, and when exactly will this be obtainable?
Oh yes. Recipe. Right.

Updated OP w/ recipe for the stuff.

Updated OP w/ recipe for the stuff.
Isn't that a bit too.... easily obtainable? I don't mind Ethereal blocks doing that because once you've reached that stage, you should indeed be granted free reign over monsters invading your abode, but this is just too simple. The sky won't even be half of a challenge once you see Wyverns stuck right before your face.

Isn't that a bit too.... easily obtainable? I don't mind Ethereal blocks doing that because once you've reached that stage, you should indeed be granted free reign over monsters invading your abode, but this is just too simple. The sky won't even be half of a challenge once you see Wyverns stuck right before your face.
Any suggestions then? I can't think of a recipe that's reasonable without being too easy to obtain...

The only thing I could think of would be Lihzahrd Bricks, but people might not like that, because RNG.

Regardless, these blocks should be available either post-mech or post-plantera, where Wyverns truly will become fodder for you and are mere annoyance at that point.

I know that some might call that redundant, but I think having blocks that prevent enemies that are more annoyance than challenges from breaking in after you've proven you can already own them is a good, and balanced idea.

If this means nothing can get past reinforced steel, then that means this is just an easy way to defeat Moon Lord. All you will have to do is use a yoyo and wait until he dies. But the sprite looks good and there is enough detail for people to understand so I'm torn on this one. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom