Mobile Reinstalling Terraria, can't access saved content

Misfit21ca

Terrarian
On my son's android tablet, Samsung Tab A... we had an issue with Terraria unable to load. After trying everything we could think of, we restored the device to factory. I saved his characters/worlds to cloud before restoring. Now I cannot get the savesame to load into game. The instructions above state I'll "likely notice the addition of the "gear" icon..." but doesn't state anything about ig the gear is not there. If it's "likely" to be there, then there's a chance it's not? What do I do to recover saved content if there is no Gear? I see saved information on Google drive but I'm clueless how to restore the saves to play mode. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!

On my son's android tablet, Samsung Tab A... we had an issue with Terraria unable to load. After trying everything we could think of, we restored the device to factory. I saved his characters/worlds to cloud before restoring. Now I cannot get the savesame to load into game. The instructions above state I'll "likely notice the addition of the "gear" icon..." but doesn't state anything about ig the gear is not there. If it's "likely" to be there, then there's a chance it's not? What do I do to recover saved content if there is no Gear? I see saved information on Google drive but I'm clueless how to restore the saves to play mode. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!
When you saved his characters/worlds to the cloud before restoring the device, did you do that inside the game? Something similar to this screenshot?
image.png

If so, then once you login with the same Google account, when you get to the screen to chose a character, you'll see a similar screen like this. This shows you your Local characters (you'll probably have none since you just reset). Click on the blue "Cloud Save" button at the bottom and it will show you your Cloud characters.
image.png

If you click on "Cloud Save" and do not see your characters that you backed up to the cloud while you were in the game, give it a moment. Sometimes it takes a bit to find them. If you still don't see them, close out of that screen and exit the game, and go back in to try. Move through the screens slowly, giving it time to process everything. Others have said doing this a few times until the characters are there has worked (make sure to go slowly and give it time).

If you saved your characters/worlds to the cloud a different way than doing it inside the game, I am not sure how to access them. You can get in touch with 505 Games directly to see if they can help, and open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Back
Top Bottom