PC Relatively new Terrarian

malakhglitch

Official Terrarian
Greetings Terrarians!

I only recently got Terraria as a gift on Steam, but it has been a wild two weeks of discovery. I have lost track of the worlds I generated and then deleted just so I can experience certain things I've read about.

I an currently exploring a large world with a pyramid (in a mixed jungle/desert area), one giant living tree (provided a leaf wand) and two or three crimson areas all bunched together to the west (I actually have a crimson desert over there). I thought that this might be the world that I will fully explore, but I am having doubts and there's this voice in my head saying that I should restart... again. Is that normal?

ETA:

By restart I mean tabula rasa and not bringing along my sawfish, grapples, ancient crimson helmet, wizard hat, etc.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Always good to see new fans emerging. And yes it is very normal to want to start over, I've lost track of the amount of times I've started anew from scratch. Its all part of the fun!

'Ello and welcome to the forums! From what I've seen, everyone plays differently. I, for one, love playing a character and world to the end, and then gladly do it all again (with a different playstyle and set of weapons), but that's just me.

Terraria's a nice big sandbox with plenty of sand; you play how you want to. :dryadcool: (Except for joining servers just to ruin them. Let's not do that.)

I an currently exploring a large world with a pyramid (in a mixed jungle/desert area), one giant living tree (provided a leaf wand) and two or three crimson areas all bunched together to the west (I actually have a crimson desert over there). I thought that this might be the world that I will fully explore, but I am having doubts and there's this voice in my head saying that I should restart... again. Is that normal?
Oh yes. Or at least I do it ALL the time. Mainly to get some cool world gen, such as double hills with a crevice in between. Other times, I simply feel like "I messed up the world", and delete anything and start over :p

Lmao I created 8 worlds before I found one I wanted to start fully on. Now I have crimtane armor and I feel like starting anew XD

Welcome to the forums bud and enjoy your stay :)

As someone who over the years has created countless worlds, walks left, then right, then deleteing & trying again... you will know when one just FEELS right. When you actually start to cut down trees and mine :red: and actually construct a little house for you and your "guide" to habitate in and use as a construction shed whilst you decide on the plethora of building shapes and sizes and environments in which to build... well, then you know you've found your home.

Then, you'll delete the whole kit & kaboodle and do it all over again. :dryadtongue:

Well, I did it. Tabula rasa and finally got a Crimson world after several tries. No sign of a pyramid, but of the three living trees I found so far one had a treasure room with a living wood wand.

Personally, I'd recommend having at least two worlds for each character anyway, so you have access to both Crimson and Corruption stuff, since each world is one or the other - you can't get both biomes in the same world. (I've been referring to @Xylia's walkthrough / game guide and that's mentioned there, among a lot of other useful tips.) Chances are your character will have a 'home world,' where you spend most of your time, but don't be afraid to make additional worlds for them to visit as they progress.

Oh yes. Or at least I do it ALL the time. Mainly to get some cool world gen, such as double hills with a crevice in between. Other times, I simply feel like "I messed up the world", and delete anything and start over :p

Actually many people have this, including myself.
If you want to learn more about Terraria I recommend using these sources:
Terraria Wiki
Terraria Guides
And there's much more to discover! :)

First rule of being a Terrarian: DON'T GO IN THAT DUNGEON FOR GOD'S SAKE
Second Rule: Do not reforge from the Goblin Tinkerer, he's an :red:
Third Rule: Don't fish for the Angler, let him do it himself (I'm sure his short legs can handle the journey between the different biomes and not be brutally murdered by enemies.)

I have only ever used 1 character per console :p (mine, sisters, brothers, etc) and that's cuz there's so much to do and then with the "occasional" update to console more stuff is added. *cough* pls frost moon *cough*

Actually I ventured into the Dungeon of one my worlds hoping to stay above 0 level to look for a water bolt and I got one! :)

Really smart, because early in the game Water Bolt is one of the strongest weapons to have. Whenever I find one I can't wait to discover the goblin to get to reforge it!

Back
Top Bottom