[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblahbal

Skeletron Prime
A newer version of this thread can be found here:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-avalon.68993/

DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/rtm99Uq

This is still being set up, so pardon any oddities.
The 1.3 version of Exxo Avalon has been released!

Terraria Avalon is a content mod that adds a variety of content, including new NPCs, Items, Tiles, and dynamics. Avalon is maintained and copyrighted by the Avalon Team.​

***NOTICE***
The wiki is NOT FULLY UPDATED for the source mod.

If you want to see a list of content/features for Avalon, use the Avalon Wiki. Note that this wiki is not updated for SourceMod/Exxo Avalon versions(yet). It is currently being updated with the tAPI version in mind, but it will only be upon the tAPI version’s release that the wiki will start to be fully updated.​

Spriter’s Produce Program

Thanks for everyone's help out with sprites:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ts-say-thanks-to-all-of-our-contributors.986/

Current Spriting List:
LINK REMOVED (it was outdated anyway)​

The Avalon team accepts sprites from anyone to put in the game, with proper credits and perhaps in-game goodies given, such as tooltips, and properties that designate the sprite’s creator.
Have a sprite you think we could use? Don’t hesitate to post it. New sprites both allow us to produce more content as well as get a product and updates to you quicker.​

Version Downloads

tAPI Avalon Downloads:
Currently updating. Check out the Spriter’s Produce Program if you want to speed up development and help. The tAPI version will be more compatible with other mods, runs cleaner and smoother, and will have less bugs and crashes than the Source mod has. The tAPI version will have a highly new progression system, as well as much more evolved base and quality level than the tConfig version. Expect less bugs and crashes.

LINKS:
Beta version: https://github.com/Bullseye55/Terraria-Avalon
Look in the right toolbar on the page and click "Download ZIP."

Source Mod/Exxo Avalon Downloads:
1.3 Source mod, Exxo Avalon v10.0+
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvjrarzlxdi1c1r/Exxo Avalon v12.0.zip?dl=0

SERVER FILE IS INCLUDED IN THE ZIP.
These versions are fully updated to the current version of Terraria, though they don't have as much content. v12.0 has more than 200 items.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH INSTALLING:
Make sure that the content folder you made is called 'Exxo v10.0 Content' without the quotes. Also make sure you haven't put the exe in either content folder; it MUST be directly in your Steam's terraria folder. Again, the layout should be:
Code:
terraria
    Exxo Avalon v10.0.exe
    Exxo v10.0 Content
        Images (folder)
    <server file, if you have it>
    Newtonsoft.Json.dll
----------------------​
Currently, the 1.2.4.1 Exxo Avalon source mod contains over 900 items and more than 40 mobs, four of which are bosses. The full list of content for Exxo Avalon is included in the download.

Source mod All items map(made by byAbeeL) (OUTDATED!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/swaqhddrqhuzgzk/Avalonia.rar?dl=0

Source mod all items map Version 2 (Made by @Mul Kuri OUTDATED!!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fqfkmjqrt2749g/All Items Map.rar?dl=0

1.2.4.1 Source mod/Exxo Avalon (OUTDATED):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mbor3ytwp9rwwa/Exxo Avalon v9.9.9i.zip?dl=0

Source mod/Exxo Avalon Readme(OUTDATED):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyix7yfo9gnd0y2/README.txt
If this does not help, read this:
tutorial.png
Source mod/Exxo Avalon Server:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/morhxzcutgmmlsh/TerrariaAvExServer.exe?dl=0

Installation instructions for all Source mod/Exxo Avalon versions are in the Readme file. The server is also a separate download.

tConfig Avalon Downloads:
These require Terraria 1.1.2 and tConfig.
Terraria 1.1.2 tConfig; Avalon 16.6:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37315605/Terraria Avalon 16.6.zip

Banners:
Want to support the Avalon team and attract attention to the mod? Use a banner!
BrWF1E4.png

index.php
Credits

tAPI Avalon Versions:

Credits will be included when a stable release is out. Spriters who participate in the Spriter’s Produce Program and we use their sprites will be included on this list regardless of if we have a product out or not.

1.2+ SourceMod/Exxo Avalon Versions:
-FireChaos, for inspiring the Inertia Boots sprite.
-Leinfors and zoomo for most of the banners' tilesheets.
-Yoraiz0r, for helping to fix the banners' place and check methods to work with the Reach profile.
-Also all items/mobs/projectiles that were in the tConfig that have sprites by other people, refer to the credits section for the tConfig version at the bottom of this post for those.
-J-50N for Birth of a Monster, Evil Ouroboros, Fight of the Bumblebee, and helping me to perfect A Comet Has Struck Ground (paintings).
-FinalSunny for the new Hallowed Thorn sprite (!), the Elemental Excalibur sprite(though modified by me slightly), the Ferozium Icesword, Solarium things(minus the ore, rod, and star), Hungry minion/staff, Shadow Ring, and the Bloody Amulet
-Brutallama for the Titan Shield sprite and the main part of the Reflex Shield, also the Oblivion Glaive and Bar as of 8.0.2, and the Ectosphere as well
-Balduran for the Tactical Expulsor sprite as of v3.7.5.1
-Wooren for the Crystal Fruit sprite
-Milt69466 for the Shell Hammer idea/suggestion and sprite
-Dr elisey for Plantera's Fury, The Golden Flames, and Gleaming Twilight (sprites)
-Balduran for the Cursed Flamelash, Dragon Lord, Vampire Harpy+gores, hallowed summoner crown, Impact Wizard, Awakened rose armor as of v4.5, Forsaken Relic/Cross
-The Miniature Shark for the Guardian Hammer and the Caesium Forge
-MarioKart7z for the Hydrolyth Trace
-SzGamer227 for his modified Underworld Key Mold/Key/Chest from Alpha_StevO
-SzGamer227 for the hell armored vanity set
-Blinn for the fireball hit sound used in The Golden Flames and the Solarium Staff
-Yoraiz0r for assisting with fixing the map clearing bug
-Vladimier for the Stamina stuff sprites
-ApertureFreeman for the 600 Watt Lightbulb and Greek/Nuclear Extinguisher sprites.
- @TerrestrialTortoise and @Brick Creeper for part of the Sandstone Column, the Pearlstone/Ebonstone/Crimstone Columns, and all of the beams' item sprites

1.1.2 tConfig Versions:
- The Golden Flames uses code by Dubby, the thread for that mod is here: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/released-tconfig-fireball.89986/
- The Slime Talisman uses code by Yoraiz0r.
- Lots of things by PoroCYon, including parts of Oblivion, the Cursed Flamethrower, and a hotkey function.
- The 3 extra accessory slots on the right when you open up your inventory are code courtesy of Shockah, used with permission.
- Credit for Ancient Armor, Dragon Lord Armor, and a lot of other sprites goes to AaronC.
- Credit for Caesium Armor, Diving Armor, and Titanium Armor goes to Cireus.
- Credit for the King Sting sprite and Cataryst goes to Scizor300.
- Lots of other sprites by Drdragonfly as well.
- Armored Hell Corruptor and Guardian Corruptor, plus Destroyer Drill sprites are by Dr Death.
- The Opal sprites(both item and tile) as of v16.2a are from Sapharan.
- The Mystery Tome sprite is by Mr. Mystery.
- Many pieces of code by Yoraiz0r, such as the aforementioned Slime Talisman(also adapted into the Undead Talisman and Dragon Stone), and adapted code for the Shockwave buff, the vilethorn upgrades, and many other things.
- Some of the work getting the Force Field to work(with Avalon Armor and the Force Field Potion) was done by GroxTheGreat, credit is given to him.
- Credit is given to Wooren for the Juggernaut sprite and the All-Seeing Eye sprite.
- Avalon Armor's standing frame and subsequent animations were based upon Rudoboy's Triton Armor, credit is given to him(in fact the standing frame is the same as his Triton Armor).

If you find that you are missing in the credits, contact us!

Current AvalonMod Global Team:
blahblahbal & Bullseye55 for Managers.
Star and Moon, Geneen & Drdragonfly for spriters.
PoroCYon for here and there coding.
Beta Testers will not be listed here. Ask around! Just makes more for fun.

Content
tAPI Content:

List not available at this time.

Source mod (Exxo Avalon) Content:
-A very preliminary Superhardmode, with mobs such as: Dragonfly, Cursed Magma Skeleton, Juggernaut, Dark Matter Slime, Vampire Harpy, Armored Wraith, etc. Four new armor sets for Superhardmode are also included. Superhardmode is triggered by the defeat of the Armageddon Slime; Comets will drop in Superhardmode after you have defeated Golem
-Many new monster banners for mobs that do not have banners in vanilla
-4 new bosses; Desert Beak, Bacterium Prime, Dragon Lord (buggy, removed), Oblivion and the Armageddon Slime
-The Dark Matter Biome!
-A way to give your world a set seed (new worlds past v9.9.1 only); do note they must be numbers ONLY, and non-negative.
-A NEW BIOME, the Contagion. Alternate to Crimson/Corruption.
-Over 900 new items
-Max life is now 700(800 with a Mystical Tome)
-More than 13 (diving helmet was expanded into a set as well) armor sets for public use
-The Jukebox, which is capable of playing all tunes in the game (except for the Lunar Boss tune)
-The Dungeon can now generate in Orange Brick
-An upgrade to the Picksaw
-50+ new accessories
-A few new weapon and accessory prefixes
-ALL NEW Armor prefixes(Armor pieces can now go in the reforge slot, try it out!)
-An item command, available after you defeat Oblivion
-A new Town NPC, the Iceman (available in SHM)
-Skeletron Prime minion
-A way to convert tiles to jungle
-The Mystical Tomes mod!
-Onyx/Opal Staff, Onyx Hook
-Flesh Armor! Osmium, an alternate to Rhodium! Placeable Souls! And jungle torches.
-The Underworld Chest and Desert Chest in the Dungeon :D.
-Compressed Extractination Block, Guide Summon Doll
-Torch Launcher
-Stamina bar, allowing for dashing, running fast, climbing walls, and swimming

tConfig Content:

- Contains nine new bosses
- More than 20 new tools, including Meteor Pickaxe, Tropic Pickaxe, Sapphire Pickaxe, Blueshift, Breakdawn, Pickaxe of Dusk, Jungle Hammer, and Demon Hammer(required to break Hallowed Altars)...
- Tons of new weapons, including a Meteor Longsword, Ultrashark, and many more...(over 20 magic weapons included as well)
- 35+ new accessories, including the 4 super accessories, Kinetic Boots, Gift of Starpower, Starpower's Will, and Power of Cthulhu
- 10+ new armor sets

This Introductory Post was last updated on March 23, 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does singleplayer still have that "/Item" command after you defeat Oblivion? I'd love to try it out. It hasn't been working for me so far.

/Item Acorn right?

Look in the social groups, Terraria Discussion social groups. Fans are free to join the "AvalonMod General Discussion" group. Just a way where we can organize things and get our fans together for a good time. :)

That mod looks pretty cool, I think I'll try to make some sprites and see if they look any good. Could you give me tips on how large the resolution of item files need to be?

EDIT: I made a leaf, turns out I'm not as good as I thought I'd be never mind. Thought you might still want it to use as a place holder.
52u5nR9.png

Last edited:
Just made an account in the new forums.
I've been playing your Exxo Avalon Mod for quite some time now, and I love it, but there is something I'd like to ask.
Is there anyway to equip the Inertia Boots and still have a visible cape for vanity?(it disappears even if I turn off Inertia Boots visibility)
I tried it the last time in the version that added Ferozium items.
Thanks in advance for any answer.
Good luck with making the mod even better.

Last edited:
Well this is moving to TCF, but what will happen to the other forum?
It will remain there and may be used as reference for any questions that have already been answered, however I doubt people will have enough initiative to reference the old forums before asking the same questions here.

It will remain there and may be used as reference for any questions that have already been answered, however I doubt people will have enough initiative to reference the old forums before asking the same questions here.
They need to redirect the terrariaonline.com page to here, so the newer people will know of the forums

They need to redirect the terrariaonline.com page to here, so the newer people will know of the forums
blah needs to close the old thread and leave the last message redirecting here. Thanks for the idea btw, I will have this done to my threads!

blah needs to close the old thread and leave the last message redirecting here. Thanks for the idea btw, I will have this done to my threads!
NP but i mean the general forum needs to redirect to here
Example: you put in google terrariaonline.com but when you click it you will get redirected to forums.terraria.org

As long as your Mod is usable in it's current state (whether as a source-mod or other form) then it is fine being in the Released section. If it's currently not usable then it should be in the WIP section and won't need a placeholder here because when you do release it you can simply give us a Report requesting for the entire thread to be moved to the Released section.

Wait, who put the tAPI tag on it? :U. I didn't actually want that there yet, lol. Right now, it's just the standalone version that's released. And, of course, the tConfig version that's outdated.

As long as your Mod is usable in it's current state (whether as a source-mod or other form) then it is fine being in the Released section. If it's currently not usable then it should be in the WIP section and won't need a placeholder here because when you do release it you can simply give us a Report requesting for the entire thread to be moved to the Released section.

It's usable. Both the standalone and the tConfig version. The tAPI version isn't released yet, though. I usually put [Released WIP] on my stuff because I mostly continue working on my things, after it's released. Therefore, released wip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom