[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed this item and I am having trouble with it. I am using the Exxo Avalon version. I have Game Launcher installed, I have put a content folder in the terraria folder, I have extracted the exe to the Exxo Avalon content folder, I have added it to Game Launcher, and it still won't work. After a few errors, I put the Steam DLL into the content folder and it says "Please launch game from Steam client." Please help me. It would be very much appreciated.

Okay I'll explain the way I did it, which worked for me at least.
-Install terraria 1.2.4.1 from steam
-install game launcher
-extract the exxo avalon zip and copy the "Exxo Avalon 2.0.exe" file to your terraria folder
-create a folder called "Exxo Avalon Content" in your terraria folder (do not use the quotation marks in the name)
-open the folder "Content" in your terraria folder and copy all, paste it in the "Exxo Avaolon Content" folder you created
-copy the folder "Exxo Avalon Content" from the extraced zip file and paste it in your terraria folder. It will ask you if you want to merge the folders, say yes. It will also ask you if you want to 1 copy and overwrite files, 2 don't copy, 3 copy but keep both files. Choose to copy and overwrite the files.

Edit. When I say terraria folder, I am referring to your terraria folder in Program files/Steam/Steam apps/Common/Terraria

I get a huge list of errors.
Okay I'll explain the way I did it, which worked for me at least.
-Install terraria 1.2.4.1 from steam
-install game launcher
-extract the exxo avalon zip and copy the "Exxo Avalon 2.0.exe" file to your terraria folder
-create a folder called "Exxo Avalon Content" in your terraria folder (do not use the quotation marks in the name)
-open the folder "Content" in your terraria folder and copy all, paste it in the "Exxo Avaolon Content" folder you created
-copy the folder "Exxo Avalon Content" from the extraced zip file and paste it in your terraria folder. It will ask you if you want to merge the folders, say yes. It will also ask you if you want to 1 copy and overwrite files, 2 don't copy, 3 copy but keep both files. Choose to copy and overwrite the files.

Edit. When I say terraria folder, I am referring to your terraria folder in Program files/Steam/Steam apps/Common/Terraria

It still isn't working. I get a huge list of error messages. It is bigger than the game launcher window, and I do not know what to do, so, Please someone help.

Uh, if you want multiplayer, try joining the official server.

Hi renojonathanr, I've tried joining the server but all that happens is it says connecting to 69.244.248.144
I've tried exiting the game and starting again but no change. I've tried creating a new character and that didn't work. Do I have the right IP address?

i just updated from 5.2.2 to 5.2.2.2 and got an error upon trying to load the game, downgraded to 5.2.2 and loaded the game, now my character wont load an all my world and their backups fail to load.

EDIT-- this is the error i got upon updating
http://imgur.com/uMyPpc2

Last edited:
What's the program you guys use to make sprites?
I want to make some, to help the mod.

so i tried completely uninstalling terraria and avalon, followed the readme to reinstall it and i am getting the same problems, when i use the slightly older version the game will load but my character name is yellow and i cant load him, using a new character i can try to load my world and when i do it says load failed and back up failed to load, when i switch to the newest version 5.2.2.2 and try to load the game i get the aforementioned error telling me i dont have a certain item file ( which i do have) and wont boot the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom