[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typing this up to clear up a lot of confusion, and to address some points what several have made in the the thread.

Blah is currently inactive for Terraria and all modding-related activities with the game. Has been offline from Steam for 78 days as-of this post. Due to this, as set up in the past, I have reigns of my version of the mod and control of the team to pull it off. Still concerned about Blah, but I know he's ok.

As for the mod not actually in development: It is highly in development. I just don't want to hype it up by showing off spoilers. Want to establish a base of content first before showing it off. Tie it all together rather than "just content".

Again, I'll be handling Blah's management place as his inactivity reigns. Beta-testing applications come to me, not Blah, and any suggestions should be forwarded to me from now on until stated otherwise by either me or Blah.

Thanks,
Bullseye55.

Now, how long has it been since I've replied on this thread?

Jokes aside, I'm glad to see it's at least being developed again. I don't care how long it takes, I just want to play this mod. This mod is what gave me good memories last summer and many new friends. I cannot afford to just abandon waiting for this mod unless you or Blah say that this mod is no longer being developed. Thanks so much for all the hard work you've done for this mod. I hope that it is a solid piece of gold in the end.

Who remembers when I did the origami for this mod (I still have it up.. dunno why I still have it lol)?

Edit: Bull, that was a quite fast like.
Another edit: I'd drone on about last summer, but I'm doing homework. :p

Jokes aside, I'm glad to see it's at least being developed again. I don't care how long it takes, I just want to play this mod. This mod is what gave me good memories last summer and many new friends. I cannot afford to just abandon waiting for this mod unless you or Blah say that this mod is no longer being developed. Thanks so much for all the hard work you've done for this mod. I hope that it is a solid piece of gold in the end.

Who remembers when I did the origami for this mod (I still have it up.. dunno why I still have it lol)?

Heh, Mellon, check my signature, it's still there. :p

i remember those, i also still remember the obnoxiously bright cyan torches on the server, and a few other things too.

Just a developmental update on this week. Entire team is going through what some of you would call "The Teach-A-Ton Examinations." Exams all over the place for spriters, coders, and myself alike. Modding is progressing slowly, but that is where I want all of you.

For this week, come up with ideas, concepts, items, NPCs, expansions, and sprites. I'll be able to sort through them and compose them into a code-able/sprite-able form for a list to the team. ((In other words, ideas will have a higher chance of making it in due to having more time to review them this week, so post away!))

Just a developmental update on this week. Entire team is going through what some of you would call "The Teach-A-Ton Examinations." Exams all over the place for spriters, coders, and myself alike. Modding is progressing slowly, but that is where I want all of you.

For this week, come up with ideas, concepts, items, NPCs, expansions, and sprites. I'll be able to sort through them and compose them into a code-able/sprite-able form for a list to the team. ((In other words, ideas will have a higher chance of making it in due to having more time to review them this week, so post away!))
Oooo, this sounds like a fun week. Here's hoping that some of the ideas will make it into the game.

But even if they don't, I can't wait to see some of the great ideas that everyone comes up with, as well as possibly spriting some. Good luck to all. :)

some ideas:

bullet disperse gun:
19 ranged damage
27 use time
4% crit chance
fires a large slow moving proectile that shoots bullets both above and below it 8 times a second, bullets deal 12 ranged damage, projectile lasts for 4 seconds, or until it hits a tile or enemy.
Recipe: 1 handgun, 250 musket shots, 1 bucket.
sprite: anything with a big barrel really.

Neon hydra:
47 melee damage
22 use time
4% crit chance
A sword that fires a hydra spit, a small homing glob that splits into 2 when hitting an enemy, then 2 again when hitting another, will only split twice per original hydra spit.
Recipe: 1 blade of grass, 15 stingers, 10 souls of night, 10 souls of light, 5 neon tetras.
Sprite: a mostly green sword with a hydra head for the hilt.

sorry i cant do sprites...

Could you guys clean up the OP a bit so all the new relevant stuff is there and all the old stuff that is not important is not and the old stuff that someone may want is inside spoilers or something? Also some pics and more updated info about the mod would be great.

Could you guys clean up the OP a bit so all the new relevant stuff is there and all the old stuff that is not important is not and the old stuff that someone may want is inside spoilers or something? Also some pics and more updated info about the mod would be great.
Not sure how important a content list would be as Avalon is currently going through a 'remake', and the current version no longer works. Also, I'm not sure if updating the op is possible anyways, as Bullseye previously said that Blah has been offline for several months and he is the only one that can edit it.

If Blah doesn't show up by around February, I'll truly know he retired from online activities. When that time comes, I'll request a change-of-ownership of the original post to me, but I deeply hesitate to. As-of now, no one can edit it due to Blah being completely offline.

If Blah doesn't show up by around February, I'll truly know he retired from online activities. When that time comes, I'll request a change-of-ownership of the original post to me, but I deeply hesitate to. As-of now, no one can edit it due to Blah being completely offline.

Oh that explains it. If he comes back later he can request it back or tell you what he wants you to do with it so I don't think it would be a bad idea to ask for the change of ownership.

Thanks for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom