[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say it is. Though, there may be mini dungeons in the mod after release. Who can say? Be nice to have more mini dungeons. :p

Though, a Crimson/Corruption-themed mini dungeon would be cool. Spawn in after some boss perhaps? You could go through them and a new boss (Corrupted/Crimson) would be waiting at the end. That'd be cool. @Bullseye55
Yeah but possibly a little bit difficult to code with TMLs restrictions (they aren't many, but they still exist).

Yeah but possibly a little bit difficult to code with TMLs restrictions (they aren't many, but they still exist).
The dungeon generation would be the hardest part, I think the boss at the end wouldn't be too difficult. tMLs restrictions are not very important for this, since most of the gen is maths.

so while were waiting let's talk about this mod for the game at a 'technical level'
seeds: so in exxo avalon, there was a seeds feature and in official release terraria 1.3.4, theyve added seeds as experimental. will seeds completely change when u install the future mod?
world gen have changed since idk 1.3.3 so that each world can be expert or normal and have either corruption or crimson on the same exact terrain gen. only thing thats different is sword shrine locations, spider webs, railroads, (granite/marble caves, and underground houses) (in parentheses unconfirmed to be true)
will exxo avalon world gen follow the same world gen mechanics? and also, r u able to choose between either corruption/crimson/contagion when creating a world?
(not really technical, more like question and suggestions) more about contagion, will there be more contagion stuff added, like the yoyo (corruption is malaise, crimson is artery, contagion being idk... 'pharyngitis' or something else), a new special mimic with newer drops, new fishing crate, new quest fish.
will there be a plugin for TEdit to edit exxo avalon worlds?

thats all i can think of as of right now. hope this comment inspires some developers (and some community brainstormers for suggestions for the mod)

so while were waiting let's talk about this mod for the game at a 'technical level'
seeds: so in exxo avalon, there was a seeds feature and in official release terraria 1.3.4, theyve added seeds as experimental. will seeds completely change when u install the future mod?
world gen have changed since idk 1.3.3 so that each world can be expert or normal and have either corruption or crimson on the same exact terrain gen. only thing thats different is sword shrine locations, spider webs, railroads, (granite/marble caves, and underground houses) (in parentheses unconfirmed to be true)
will exxo avalon world gen follow the same world gen mechanics? and also, r u able to choose between either corruption/crimson/contagion when creating a world?
(not really technical, more like question and suggestions) more about contagion, will there be more contagion stuff added, like the yoyo (corruption is malaise, crimson is artery, contagion being idk... 'pharyngitis' or something else), a new special mimic with newer drops, new fishing crate, new quest fish.
will there be a plugin for TEdit to edit exxo avalon worlds?

thats all i can think of as of right now. hope this comment inspires some developers (and some community brainstormers for suggestions for the mod)
Dang, that's a lot of questions. I would like to know about the Contagion, I thought Bullseye had said that he was very unsure about the Contagion. I could be wrong though. As for the rest, well... I dunno, not gonna comment on any of the rest.

Have a slime instead. :bluslime:

Dang, that's a lot of questions. I would like to know about the Contagion, I thought Bullseye had said that he was very unsure about the Contagion. I could be wrong though. As for the rest, well... I dunno, not gonna comment on any of the rest.

Have a slime instead. :bluslime:
I tried to view my Exxo Avalon modded map on TEdit for Terraria 1.3.4.4 (risky, NEVER DO IT WITHOUT BACKING UP YOUR WORLD) and I was surprised to see it loaded up but in a VERY WEIRD way.
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-51-49-903.jpg
Apparently, the modded Exxo Avalon blocks can have the same Tile ID as other tiles added in 1.3 or above. (That was the Dark Matter Biome btw and tiles used for Dark Matter biome are the same ID for Party Tiles like balloons and streamers added in 1.3.2)
world view.jpg

Believe it or not, the contagion (colored brownish grey) is made... FROM LUMINITE ORES! WHAT THE...! (Luminite has the same ID for Chunkstone, the counterpart for Ebonstone and Crimstone)
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-51-33-306.jpg
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-51-24-265.jpg

And the yellow ice blocks (from contagion counterpart of underground frost biomes) are DETONATOR TILES! (the pressure plate found in ore motherload explosive traps added in 1.3)
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-52-00-371.jpg

And the contagion deserts are made of... RED SQUIRREL CAGES!?!?!?
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-52-23-181.jpg
The Contagion Grass is.... LUNAR MONOLITHS?!!??!
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-53-17-266.jpg

and the 'True Golem's Temple' is made from LAVA MOSS?!?!?! AND IT HAS... METEORITE BRICK WALLS?!?!
bandicam 2017-03-05 17-52-11-716.jpg

JESUS H CHRIST! now you and i know why contagion and other stuffs weren't re added in the 1.3 exxo avalon v10! NEW 1.3 TILES REPLACED EXXO AVALON'S! but one question out of all of this? is it possible to fix all this?! in my opinion (tho i was never a terraria or terraria mod developer) i think all you need to do is to re add the tiles and use another ID for them.

So I'm moving stuff to my new laptop and then I see Avalon stuff in Terraria getting moved over.
The flashbacks come.
They all come.
Welcome back, haven't seen you around here since the good old days.
I tried to view my Exxo Avalon modded map on TEdit for Terraria 1.3.4.4 (risky, NEVER DO IT WITHOUT BACKING UP YOUR WORLD) and I was surprised to see it loaded up but in a VERY WEIRD way.
View attachment 161826 Apparently, the modded Exxo Avalon blocks can have the same Tile ID as other tiles added in 1.3 or above. (That was the Dark Matter Biome btw and tiles used for Dark Matter biome are the same ID for Party Tiles like balloons and streamers added in 1.3.2)
View attachment 161827
Believe it or not, the contagion (colored brownish grey) is made... FROM LUMINITE ORES! WHAT THE...! (Luminite has the same ID for Chunkstone, the counterpart for Ebonstone and Crimstone)
View attachment 161828 View attachment 161829
And the yellow ice blocks (from contagion counterpart of underground frost biomes) are DETONATOR TILES! (the pressure plate found in ore motherload explosive traps added in 1.3)
View attachment 161830
View attachment 161832 The Contagion Grass is.... LUNAR MONOLITHS?!!??!
View attachment 161833
and the 'True Golem's Temple' is made from LAVA MOSS?!?!?! AND IT HAS... METEORITE BRICK WALLS?!?!
View attachment 161831
JESUS H CHRIST! now you and i know why contagion and other stuffs weren't re added in the 1.3 exxo avalon v10! NEW 1.3 TILES REPLACED EXXO AVALON'S! but one question out of all of this? is it possible to fix all this?! in my opinion (tho i was never a terraria or terraria mod developer) i think all you need to do is to re add the tiles and use another ID for them.
That is actually really cool.
But I reckon that the upcoming Avalon will not be compatible with old worlds.

That is actually really cool.
But I reckon that the upcoming Avalon will not be compatible with old worlds.
IMKSHUSI?! hey dood, nice to meet you, ive heard about u after watching multiple baumproduction's modded terraria series with ur mod used.
but yea, old worlds would not be compatible but speaking of which, WHO HERE DARES ME TO OPEN THE EXXO AVALON WORLD IN 1.3 VANILLA TERRARIA?!

Yeah. Good alright. Those days were the best days of my summer and that's the reason why I consider it my favorite summer! I'd totally play Terraria again if I had my friends to play with. Sadly, we've all moved on, but I wouldn't mind doing a Terraria world, although being bad. How's your mod coming?

View attachment 161826 Apparently, the modded Exxo Avalon blocks can have the same Tile ID as other tiles added in 1.3 or above. (That was the Dark Matter Biome btw and tiles used for Dark Matter biome are the same ID for Party Tiles like balloons and streamers added in 1.3.2)
View attachment 161827
View attachment 161828 View attachment 161829
View attachment 161830
View attachment 161832 The Contagion Grass is.... LUNAR MONOLITHS?!!??!
View attachment 161833
View attachment 161831

welp

as porky pig says, that's all, folks

Yeah. Good alright. Those days were the best days of my summer and that's the reason why I consider it my favorite summer! I'd totally play Terraria again if I had my friends to play with. Sadly, we've all moved on, but I wouldn't mind doing a Terraria world, although being bad. How's your mod coming?
In actually taking a break ATM, because of extremely important exams.

Been a very long time since I played the mod, which version should I start?
None are compatible with this version of Terraria.
What does the Beta version add?
I don't remember there being a beta for the current version, if there was I would've been informed and I would've played it.. a lot.

welp

as porky pig says, that's all, folks
Yeah, they were some good times.
Also.... it's more like "Th-th-tha-that's all folks"

None are compatible with this version of Terraria.

I don't remember there being a beta for the current version, if there was I would've been informed and I would've played it.. a lot.

Yeah, they were some good times.
Also.... it's more like "Th-th-tha-that's all folks"
The thread said something ''BETA version'' Bullseye dropbox something.

The thread said something ''BETA version'' Bullseye dropbox something.
Maybe it was the tAPI from a while back? I think that may be something. I don't remember anything about a 1.3 beta. I do know 1.3 had a small amount of Avalon done for it when it was still 1.3. But nothing after that.

I'm just gonna say this:
I'm sure that the people who used to be on the Exxo Avalon server wouldn't mind helping test multiplayer. You don't actually need to have downloaded a mod to use it in tml multiplayer, it does some magic, and stuff works. Just saying. (I kinda already know the answer will be no for two reasons, but it's worth trying)

I'm just gonna say this:
I'm sure that the people who used to be on the Exxo Avalon server wouldn't mind helping test multiplayer. You don't actually need to have downloaded a mod to use it in tml multiplayer, it does some magic, and stuff works. Just saying. (I kinda already know the answer will be no for two reasons, but it's worth trying)

I'd love to join. Is this for Avalon or another mod?

yo most of us are impatient asf. i think i need to learn alot of terraria coding so i could port exxo avalon v9.9.9.i (the latest for 1.2.4.1 terraria) to the most up to date tmodloader version for 1.3.4.4 (or above in the future)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom