[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen plenty of people just have bosses on their faces, wouldn't have been that new to me had I been there. Would still be funny though. Sidenote I wonder when 1.3.1 will be out.

Clarification: This is the third part of the Avalon suggestion I am doing, the SuperHardMode (SHM) rework. Part 4 is not out yet, but you can check out the other parts, one, and two.

These are all suggestions! Especially the stats. Nothing says these will be balanced at all, but I tried my best at comparing stats in game, and then adding them here. Do not criticize about how it isn’t balanced, when it probably isn’t. Thank you.

Part Three: Revisiting Past Locations, Powerful Enemies, and Ultimate Class Armors.

As we ancient heroes grew in power, we realised we would have to revisit our old enemies and foes, to gain the resources needed to battle the new darkness that would destroy us all.

We split up, the five of us, all invading places we have dispatched in the past. One went to the overgrown underground, full with new things waiting to bring death upon him. One went to the rotting dungeon, where a new foe rears it’s head. One went to the desert, the fossils coming alive from the rocks we once mined. One went to the ice, where the bitter cold of space has caused monsters to run rampant. And I... I go to the underworld, to slay the demons that I fought long ago.

-Volume Three of the Celestial Record

After collecting the ores from the summoned space-rocks, you must proceed back to where it all began, before the Wall of Flesh. The five places all classes must visit, the Jungle, Underworld, Snow, Desert, and Dungeon. It is within these new places that powerful gear lies, guarded by strange, new beings of celestial power.

There comes a time in every adventurer's journey where they return to places they have visited before. The time for me is now. I venture back into the now darkened depths of the Dungeon as I did long before, but now is a different time. A time in which we fight for survival among the stars.

The Deity of Darkness is hunting us. It can smell our power emanating from the planet. Only through the revisitation of our old mistakes and hardships can we beat this monster.

Through the Darkness of Oblivion, a light will emerge victorious.

You remember the days in which we all ventured into the dungeon ignoring the old man's curse. The days the Dungeon guardians caught us off-guard right? Then you remember the first time you ventured into the Hardmode dungeon, where the monsters were unique and killer (Skeleton Snipers please :red: off). But we all grew from these hardships and became stronger because of it.

But, because of our lust for power, we beat down the barriers that protected us. The wall of flesh releasing the inner beings of light and dark, the mechanical bosses holding back the moon from covering the sun, plantera, keeping the dungeon less dangerous than it is now, and the moon lord, the cosmic entity that kept the cosmic beings from invading our world.

None of that matters now, because they are all here, waiting.

New Dungeon Foes, Stats and Drops:

Vortex Crawler

-Skeletal alien larva from the vortex pillar, with green eyes
-Crawls along walls and ceilings, trying to stealth itself
-Has the size of an alien larva from the vortex pillar
-When it is near you, it’ll try to charge at you, with the speed of a vampire from the solar eclipse
Type: Enemy
Environment: Galactic Mode Dungeon
AI Type: 3, Fighter
Damage: 120 Normal/150 Expert (melee)
Max Life: 1000 Normal/1400 Expert
Defense: 45
KB Resist: 61% Normal/65% Expert
Banner: Vortex Crawler Banner
Drops: 15 Silver

Consuming Skeleton

-The skull has been rotted, decaying in places. Has red eyes and charges the player, and blends in the dark, only the glowing red eyes are visible
-Attempts to run at the player, dealing melee damage
-Has the speed of Bone Lee, but doesn’t jump around like Bone Lee
-Basic charging enemy
Damage: 100 Normal/200 Expert
Max Life: 1350 Normal/1700 Expert
Defense: 50
KB Resist: 70% Normal/73% Expert
Banner: Consuming Skeleton Banner
Drops: 15 Silver

Vortex Mage

-Vortex Armor like robes, like the gem robes with a cross necklace. No helmet, revealing the skull
-Robes follow the color scheme of Purple and Black
-Shoots Water Bolt like projectiles with high speed, if impacted with, will give the Distorted Debuff
-Teleports around after being hit by the player
-Water Bolt like projectiles fly through walls
AI Type: 8, Caster
Projectile AI: 9, Spell
Damage: 100 Normal/150 Expert(melee), 130 Normal/160 Expert(ranged)
Max Life: 1000 Normal/1100 Expert
Defense: 30
KB Resist: 50% Normal/55% Expert
Banner: Vortex Mage Banner
Drops: 20 Silver

Tactical Vortexian

-Clad in vortex armor recolored black and purple, with the helmet off, revealing the skeletal face
-Uses a tactical shotgun, retextured to look like the vortex beater, with black as the main color and purple as the trimmings.
-Fires it like the tactical shotgun, but does not repeat firing until a short cooldown has worn off
-Does not have the Vortex Beaters special effect when used
-Is an upgraded version to the tactical skeleton
Damage: 100 Normal/140 Expert(melee), 100 Normal/200 Expert(ranged)
Max Life: 1000 Normal/1200 Expert
Defense: 40
KB Resist: 70% Normal/74% Expert
Banner: Tactical Vortexian Banner
Drops: 25 Silver

Broken Paladin

-Armor Darkened from the tan main color to a pure black. Accent golds are now recolored to a deep purple, similar to the rarity mentioned in the last post. Lastly, the inside of his mask is completely vortex green in color
-Throws out void black hammers, double ended, that home in on the player and do massive damage, accent gold is replaced with deep purple from before
-Has a chance to drop a new material for ranged sets of armor,as well as the galactic hammer, and broken shield (explained and shown later)
Damage: 120 Normal/240 Expert(melee), 140 Normal/200 Expert(hammer)
Max Life: 10000 Normal/17500 Expert
Defense: 60
KB Resist: 100%
Banner: Broken Paladin Banner
Drops: 5 Gold, Galactic Hammer “6.67 Normal, 10% Expert”, Broken Shield “10% Normal, 15% Expert”

Lunatic Undead Archer

-Uses the Phantasm, without it’s special effect
-Very slow movement, and takes time to line up the shot
-Very wise to pick it off from a distance, to prevent it from shooting at you with that powerful of a bow
-Looks like a lunatic cultist archer, but with red eyes in the hood, and with gray as the main color, and vortex green as the accent color
Damage: 150 Normal/200 Expert(melee), 160 Normal/200 Expert(ranged)
Max Life: 1000 Normal/1100 Expert
Defense: 14
KB Resist: 30% Normal/40% Expert
Banner: Lunatic Undead Archer Banner
Drops: 30 Silver

Broken Dungeon Slime

-Same as the dungeon slime, but doesn’t drop keys
-Hops around like a slime
-Deals high damage if you touch it
-Breaks off into smaller slimes the more you damage it, similar to king slime, these slimes are dungeon slimes
-Is large, has a dark purple color, and has a black, circular core inside
-Is a rare spawn
AI Type: 15, King Slime
Damage: 100 Normal/150 Expert
Max Life: 10000 Normal/11000 Expert
Defense: 55
Banner: Broken Dungeon Slime Banner
Drops: 10 Gold

All enemies in the dungeon have a chance of dropping a Void Core, which is the main needed material for the ranged set of armor.

Now onto the good stuff. Ranged Armor Set. The Celestial Record has an interesting entry based off of this armor set, one that gives very insight over the power that lies inside.

The armor pulsed with intensity, almost as if it was held together by some dark force. Some say that whoever wears the armor has long gone insane, possessed by the very armor they wore to fight in. Some say that the armor is made out of the pure essence of the dark void itself, causing the wearer to go through boundless insanity.

Nevertheless, we needed it. The time was coming in which the dark one would face us, and this armor would help us defeat it. The dark Void armor was not to be worn unless desperation became reality. And I think now is when reality, becomes desperation.

So yes, the Void armor. Worn by the legendary rangers of the night, the armor itself is a infusion of darkness from the evil skeletons of the dungeon, and the darkness of the empty void that is in space. This influenced the skeletons, made them broken, insane, and work for another, more malevolent force.

Void Armor
-The endgame set for rangers
-Has decreased defense overall from the Galactic armor set, but bonus damage, crit chance, and a nice armor set bonus
-"Age old darkness lies within."
-Set Bonus: "The power of the dark eats away at your enemies. Your attacks from damage sources will heal you and your teammates for 2% of the damage dealt." This means 100 damage, 2 healing. However, with the rapid fire weapons range users have, I expect life will not be a problem for you anymore. It may be low, but the regen is not cancelled out by moonbite, as the darkness is immune to the moonbite debuff.
-Armor costs by piece are, Mask: 10 Void Cores, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Night. Breastplate: 20 Void Core, 22 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Night. Cuisses: 10 Void Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Night
Stat Increases Per Piece:
-Mask
-17 Defense
-17% increased ranged damage
-8% increased ranged critical strike chance​
-Breastplate
-32 Defense
-15% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
-39% chance not to consume ammo​
-Cuisses
-23 Defense
-11% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
-15% increased movement speed​

The armor itself is a dark version of vortex, with the texture of the spectrum armor set. It has the main color as a deep black, but not a pure black, having a bit of shine to it. And it’s accents are deep purple.

Now we visit melee, to hell we go.

As I descend into the depths of Hell, (literally), I am suddenly surprised by a strange presence. A foul smell emanating from everywhere I turn. Not the regular smell of tortured and burning flesh, this is the smell of something even worse. Something old and rotting.

As I cut down a red devil, I feel something looking over me. I barely jump out of the way to find something consumed by not darkness, but a hand made of pure molten magma.

Melee has always been a favorite class of mine, cutting down enemies in close. However, a melee users worst nightmare is ranged foes, due to their high damaging attacks, and ability to stay away from us. However, I wanted to do something different for hell, the new enemies being literal hell to everyone. So, here we go.

New Underworld Foes, Stats & Drops:

Molten Marauder

-Lives at the bottom of magma pools, and extends its magma hand to catch foes and burn them to death
-Is hidden from view till its hand is extended
-Spawns around and in lava
Environment: Underworld
AI Type: 13, Plant
Damage: 80 Normal/140 Expert
Banner: Molten Marauder Banner
Drops: 50 Silver, Molten Hand Cannon, “10% Normal, 20% Expert”.

Satanist Brawler

-Wears Black and Red robes, similar to the lunatic devotes, except rushes the player, attempting to kill them
-has red eyes inside of the hood
-Has a high jump height, similar to Bone Lee
-Moves very fast, and can set the player on fire
Damage: 130 Normal/200 Expert
Defense: 15
KB Resist: 70% Normal/73% Expert
Banner: Satanist Brawler Banner
Drops: 40 Silver, Satanic Robes, “6.67% Normal/10% Expert”, Satanic Hood, “6.67% Normal/10% Expert”

Satanist Caster

-Shoots rapid fire Devil’s Scythes at the player
-teleports around like a caster
-wears satanic robes and is hooded, having red eyes
Projectile AI: 9, Spell
Damage: 100 Normal/150 Expert(melee), 150 Normal/200 Expert(ranged)
Defense: 15
Banner: Satanist Caster Banner
Drops: 40 Silver, Satanic Robes, “6.67 Normal/10% Expert”, Satanic Hood, “6.67 Normal/10% Expert”, Devil’s Scythe, “6.67 Normal, 10% Expert”

Telepathic Demon

-Similar to a Voodoo Demon, only instead of the guide voodoo doll, it carries around an orb similar to the nebula arcanum
-Shoots homing purple demon scythes at the player which do massive damage
-Teleports around like a caster
AI Type: 14, Bat
Damage: 100 Normal/200 Expert(melee), 80 Normal/140 Expert(Scythes)
Max Life: 950 Normal/1100 Expert
KB Resist: 60% Normal/65% Expert
Banner: Telepathic Demon Banner
Drops: 35 Silver

Satanist Gunner

-Similar to the pirate captain, it fires a machine gun at the player
-Is tanky, wears satanic robes, and is slow
-Is immune to lava, and cannot swim
Damage: 80 Normal/120 Expert(melee), 70 Normal/90 Expert(gun)
Max Life: 3000 Normal/3500 Expert
KB Resist: 65% Normal/70% Expert
Banner: Satanist Gunner Banner
Drops: 10 Gold, Satanic Robes, “6.67 Normal/10% Expert”, Satanic Hood, “6.67 Normal/10% Expert”

Fire Serpent

-Bone serpent counterpart, does high damage and burrows through blocks
-inflicts on fire debuff
-Around as long as the dune splicer from the underground desert in Hardmode
-Made of pure magma
AI Type: 6, Worm
Damage: 100 Normal/140 Expert
Max Life: 1000 Normal/2000 Expert
Banner: Fire Serpent Banner
Drops: 30 Silver

Radiant Spear

-Texture of the Daybreak
-Flies around, trying to hit the player, does inflict on fire
-Inflicts high damage if it makes contact with the player
AI Type: 23, Flying Weapon
Damage: 150 Normal/200 Expert
Defense: 35
KB Resist: 70% Normal/72% Expert
Banner: Radiant Spear Banner
Drops: 1 Gold

Tortured Soul

-Similar to a wraith, but inflicts on fire
-Flies through blocks and hovers
-only appears in the underworld, however, different variants spawn in different biomes
AI Type: 22, Hovering
Damage: 120 Normal/150 Expert
Max Life: 2000 Normal/3000 Expert
Defense: 64
KB Resist: 60% Normal/64% Expert
Banner: Tortured Soul Banner
Drops: 45 Silver

All enemies throughout the underworld have a chance of dropping the Radiant Core, which is the material for the melee armor set.

Now for the Melee armor set. This one is by far one of my favorites.

I could feel the heat radiating off of the being, looking at me with his eyes white as the burning sun. His godlike stance made me want to bow into submission, but he is not all powerful. The armor is making his will, changing his destiny.

The armor of Gods themselves. The Nova armor. Bright as the supernovae themselves, it is enough to make a man blindly follow. But I learned that supernovae, especially this one, is beautiful, but deadly

Forged in the fires of the underworld, and influenced by the exploding stars themselves, the Nova armor represents a beautiful display of powerful dominance, out-shining all in the galaxy, and on the battlefield. Getting in close to enemies to make them feel the power of the exploding stars themselves, the Nova armor is a powerful weapon to any melee user’s Arsenal. A light in the darkness of space. A beacon of hope to all who see its glory.

Nova Armor
-Pre-Oblivion specialized Melee armor
-Has decreased defense from the galactic armor, but increases in Melee speed, damage, crit chance and damage, and a cool set bonus
-Has the design of the Berserker Armor, but is doused in flames, and radiates light all around. Has around the same color as the solar armor, but brighter, and leaves behind particles of fire wherever you move. No afterimage however.
-”The supernovae burn bright within.”
-Set Bonus: “The instability of massive stars causes unbalanced chaos. Every hit on you over 50 damage causes the armor to explode a damaging shockwave of heat energy, setting enemies ablaze and causing Melee weapons to gain innate fire damage, armor piercing, and lifesteal (same as ranged) for a short period of time, around 5 seconds. It also increases Melee speed and damage for around 10% for 10 seconds. The shock wave does not damage allies, but can do massive damage to enemies.”
-Armor costs by piece are: Crown: 10 Radiant Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Light. Bodyplate: 20 Radiant Core, 22 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Light. Legplate: 10 Radiant Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Light
-Crown
-30 Defense
-20% Increased Critical Chance and Damage
-Enemies are more likely to target you​
-Bodyplate
-38 Defense
-25% Increased Melee Damage
-Legplate
-24 Defense
-19% Increased Melee and Movement Speed

The armor is the ultimate set pre-oblivion, and provides the highest defense out of all 5 armor sets. However, you may want to decrease your defense through accessories, or even armor prefixes, as the set bonus is only activated with hits above 50 damage, and does not stack numerous times while the entire set bonus is active. It only activates when the set bonus is not active.

Now onto a fan favorite, the Mage. I always loved their variety in weaponry, and I enjoy playing their class. However cool they are, they deserve a challenge not even the nebula armor can stop. High damage, high power enemies with rapidly hitting attacks, making their powerful regen useless. I present, the new and deadly underground jungle.

As I jump down into the life filled caves, something strikes me as off. A sudden power, emanating from everywhere. Not the power of plantera, something different. Something ancient and forever.

As I venture further, I begin to notice oddities. Plants are seemingly moving, the lights are dim, and most of all, I see no regular enemies in the large area. I suddenly spot a hornet, but it is dashing away into a nearby cavern branch, almost as if it is scared of something.

A powerful roar echoes in my ears as I barely move above the creature with the nebula mantle. A beast lies below me, overgrown with a disease, seemingly possessed by a foreign matter.

Life exists throughout the universe. We may not see it, but it's there. It is always there. We are the byproduct of cells forming from the perfect conditions, through a series of events all random, yet perfect. Yet, life always has a dark side. Diseases plague the human race and animals every day. They eat away at the weak and the strong, and pull us down, prevent us from getting back up. But we are stronger than them, for now. But what if we become one. What if the disease controls our mind, our ability to perceive and know who we are. This is the infestation. This is the invading force in the underground jungle. An ancient biological weapon that corrupts all life forms and changes them into monstrosities working for the darkness.

New Jungle Foes, Stats & Drops

Infested Trapper

-Looks like an angry trapper, only it’s plant vine is full with bright orange spores, and it's head is green, with bright orange spores atop of it
-Deals high damage, and attempts to stay atop of the player, dealing more damage
-inflicts infected, a debuff causing the screen to have a light green border, and your character slowly losing life based off of their Max HP. 5% of life lost every second.
Environment: Underground Jungle
KB Resist: 80% Normal/84% Expert
Banner: Infested Trapper Banner
Drops: 50 Silver

Diseased Hornet

-Looks like a moss hornet, but with the same orange spores as the Infested Trapper, on its antennae as well as its abdomen and stinger region.
-Flies very fast, aggressively shooting the player with stingers that can inflict infected
-It's eyes are all black, dead nearly. No shine to them.
-Does not stop shooting stingers if hit, almost as if it no longer feels pain...
AI Type: 5, Flying
Damage: 90 Normal/110 Expert(Melee), 110 Normal/130 Expert(stingers)
KB Resist: 60% Normal/65% Expert
Banner: Diseased Hornet Banner
Drops: 35 Silver, Stinger, “50% Normal/60% Expert”

Brain Slime

-Acts like a brain suckler, has wings and tries to fly into the player's head
-Cannot inflict infected
-Screen turns into a filter of lime green, the color of regular jungle slimes, if it lands atop of the player’s head
-Does not spawn commonly, but spawns in small packs uncommonly, packs are the size of around 3 to 5 slimes
AI Type: 85, Latcher (I made up the name)
Damage: 120 Normal/160 Expert
KB Resist: 75% Normal/79% Expert (when unhinged from the player), 100% (when latched to the player)
Banner: Brain Slime Banner
Drops: 45 Silver

Life Elemental

-Similar to an ice elemental, but much stronger and more dangerous
-instead of shooting out slow moving ice beams, it shoots out a large portion of infested spiked spores, dealing damage to the flesh and causing the infected debuff
-looks like an ice elemental with the spores on the Infested trapper
-shoots out 5 projectiles in a cone like spread. Cooldown on it’s projectiles is 3 seconds, then it will fire another spread.
Damage: 100 Normal/140 Expert(Melee), 120 Normal/180 Expert(ranged)
Max Life: 1100 Normal/1350 Expert
KB Resist: 50% Normal/56% Expert
Banner: Life Elemental Banner
Drops: 45 Silver, Vile Life Staff “6.67 Normal/10% Expert”

Infested Leech

-The size of a dune splicer, this infested worm has numerous spore like appendages on its body, and has turned a shade of desaturated green due to the disease.
-It's eyes are pure black with no shine
-has the base texture of a leech from the wall of flesh, but much larger and more deadly
Damage: 110 Normal/130 Expert
Max Life: 2000 Normal/3000 Expert
Banner: Infested Leech Banner
Drops: 35 Silver

Diseased Pigron

-Has the texture of a Pigron, but with the infested spores all over its body
-it's eyes glow a yellow, similar to duke Fishron
-flies toward the player through walls, attempting to destroy them
AI Type: 2, Demon Eye
Max Life: 1200 Normal/1400 Expert
KB Resist: 50% Normal/60% Expert
Banner: Pigron Banner
Drops: 40 Silver, Bacon “33.3%”

Rending Hammer

-The texture of a chlorophyte warhammer, this flies around the player, attempting to charge at them
-deals massive damage if it makes direct contact
Damage: 150 Normal/180 Expert
Banner: Rending Hammer Banner
Drops: 1 Gold

Killer Moth

-Mothron AI, flies around the player dealing massive damage if touched
-A diseased form of a massive moth, can inflict infected debuff
-Has the infected spores all over its wings and back, with soulless, lifeless eyes
-Eggs release moths when they hatch
AI Type: 88, Mothron
Damage: 100 Normal/160 Expert(Normal), 80 Normal/160 Expert(Slow Lunging), 180 Normal/220 Expert(Fast Lunging)
Max Life: 8000 Normal/16000 Expert
KB Resist: 90% Normal/92% Expert
Banner: Killer Moth Banner
Drops: 10 Gold, Spore Storm “16.67%”, Neutron Star “16.67%”, Magnetar Launcher “16.67”, Brain Slime Staff “16.67%”, Hornet Glove, “16.67%”

All enemies throughout the Jungle have a chance of dropping a Life Core, which is the main material for the Mage armor set.

As I have said, I like Mage. A lot. Their class is very diverse and fun, with plenty of weapons to choose from. However, the nebula armor seemed to support magic users too much. Now, I'm not saying nerf the armor, I'm saying that the armor I propose here may be better than nebula stat wise, but the extreme regen from the nebula armor will be gone. Now, let's get into it.

The armor was made out of masses of overgrown life forms, almost as if it was a second skin to those inside. It pulsed like a rainbow when in the sun, and was constantly moving.

When it glowed, it gave me hope. I saw the armor and thought that there are others like me out in the stars. The Gaia Armor. The boundless life and possibilities within gave me the power to comprehend that we are not alone.

Supporting players on the battlefield, as well as themselves, the Gaia armor is the finest in battle gear for mages, and fear for their enemies.

So yes, the Gaia armor. Named after old earth in a past solar system, where the Terrarians came from, this armor has the power of the ancient biotechnology the beings there once held. This power have hope to everyone long ago, that there truly is life beyond one single planet in the system of Sol.

Gaia Armor
-pre-oblivion best set for mages
-has less defense than the galactic armor, but has more damage, more critical chance and damage, less mana consumption and mana bonus, and a cool set bonus
-”The blessing of life lies within.”
-Set Bonus, “The power of Gaia expands your mind. When it is day, your offensive abilities are increased, and your critical chance and damage go up by 10%. When at night, your defensive abilities begin to emerge, as your defense increases by 10, and your mana consumption decreases by 20%. In addition, when you take damage, you gain the nature's blessing buff for 5 seconds, increasing your defense, damage, and gives your weapons innate lifesteal, healing the lowest health player on your team with vampire knife like beams.”
-Armor costs by piece are: Headgear: 10 Life Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of the Jungle. Bodyplate: 20 Life Core, 22 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of the Jungle. Legplate: 10 Life Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of the Jungle.
-Headgear
-18 Defense
-Increases maximum mana by 100, and decreases mana usage by 23%
-10% increased magic damage and critical strike chance​
-Bodyplate
-22 Defense
-13% increased magic damage
-13% increased critical chance and critical damage​
-Legplate
-18 Defense
-14% increased magic damage
-15% increased movement speed​

The armor looks like an overgrown version of the ancient armor, with vines and cracks on it. It also has water flowing off the helmet, onto the shoulders, specifically when all the armor is worn, like a fountain. There is also cracks in the armor, showing small rainbows inside.

Now the summoner. One of my favorite classes, right after melee of course, the summoner is unique in its ability to be a glass cannon, but they never get enough speed to properly dodge. However, they do not go to the jungle for their armor. Instead they go to the frozen biome, to find their piece of the pre-oblivion armor sets.

So I present to you, the new and deadlier ice biome. Home of many deadly creatures now.

Far below the surface of the arctic, lies new ancient beings frozen in time, completely infused and controlled by darkness and stardust. I venture down with my dragon by my side, fearing for what might happen.

I feel a chill all around. Not the usual type of cold, but instead a colder cold feeling. A feeling of freezing in the darkness. I begin seeing stars around my head, and all around me. I think I’m hallucinating.

...Until my dragon rushes over to guard me, as all the stars jump out of the darkness all at once!

So, new frozen foes. The ice biome finally has a purpose. I always felt like summoners should’ve gone to the ice biome in early hardmode, the queen bee did need something, but I don’t think 2 classes should both be in one biome, in this case, the jungle. So instead of going back to the bees, I’m going back to the frost, or the underground ice biome.

New Frozen Foes, Stats & Drops:

Stardust Bat

-Size of a ice bat, but instead has a stardust glow to it, as well as stardust particles
-Spawn commonly in the underground snow
-Can be dangerous in large numbers, but with their low HP, they aren’t much of a threat
Environment: Underground Snow
AI Type: 14, Bat
Damage: 100 Normal/120 Expert
KB Resist: 28% Normal/35% Expert
Banner: Stardust Bat Banner

Enchanted Sickle

-Flying ice sickle, similar to all of the other enchanted weapons
-Only spawns in underground snow
-Dangerous and fast if not dealt with
Max Life: 1400 Normal/1600 Expert
Banner: Enchanted Sickle Banner
Drops: 2 Gold

Frozen Golem

-Ice Golem, but has cracks in it, emits stardust particles, and has jet black eyes
-Deals high damage, has high HP, but is a rare spawn
-Will attempt to rush the player if they get close, otherwise it will fire beams of ice, freezing the player in place if they hit the beams
-If the player makes direct contact, they will get the chilled debuff
-As it’s health gets lower, the beams will shoot faster
Damage: 150 Normal/180 Expert(melee), 160 Normal/200 Expert(laser)
Max Life: 6000 Normal/10000 Expert
KB Resist: 95% Normal/97% Expert
Banner: Frozen Golem Banner
Drops: 10 Gold, Frozen Barrier “16% Normal/20% Expert”, Dwarf Star Sword “16% Normal/20% Expert”, Frozen Golem Staff “16% Normal/20% Expert”, Space Glove “16% Normal/20% Expert”, Arctic Cannon “16% Normal/20% Expert”

Rabid Wolf

-Regular Wolves but exposed to the darkness of space and the enchantment of stardust
-Have very fast speed, but cannot jump very high
-Spawn uncommonly
-Looks like a wolf, but with bleeding cuts, and empty, black eyes
AI Type: 26, Unicorn
Damage: 120 Normal/140 Expert
Banner: Rabid Wolf Banner

Hailstorm Cloud

-A nimbus like enemy, but instead of raining down rain, it rains down icicles
-Very damaging projectiles, meaning that they are difficult to get near without losing health
-Looks like an angry nimbus, but with a darker cloud, and black eyes
-Is also larger than the angry nimbus size wise
AI Type: 49, Angry Nimbus
Damage: 140 Normal/160 Expert
Banner: Hailstorm Cloud Banner
Drops: 60 Silver, Hailstorm “6% Normal/10% Expert”

Razor Snowflake

-Flies quickly toward the player similar to flocko from the ice queen during the frost moon
-Cannot fly through walls
-Will attempt to charge the player when in sight
-Looks like a flocko, but with larger spines, and with dark, black eyes.
AI Type: 63, Flocko
Max Life: 1400 Normal/1500 Expert
Banner: Razor Snowflake Banner
Drops: 70 Silver

Frozen Spirit

-Has an appearance similar to a wraith, but has a lighter color, and dark black eyes
-Flies below blocks, and attempts to harm players by going through walls
-Can inflict the chilled debuff
Damage: 110 Normal/130 Expert
Banner: Frozen Spirit Banner
Drops: 60 Silver

Frost Wizard

-Looks similar to tim, but instead wears a set of frost armor, and a viking hat
-Cracked armor as well as black eyes
-Fires frost staff spells at the player, which can inflict frozen debuff
-Is a rare spawn
Damage: 100 Normal/120 Expert(melee), 160 Normal/200 Expert(spells)
Max Life: 5000 Normal/7000 Expert
Banner: Frost Wizard Banner

All enemies throughout the Underground Snow have a chance to drop theArctic Core, which is the main material for the summoner armor set.

So, summoner. My second favorite class. They always seemed like they just didn’t have enough agility. Well, now with summoner you can move fast, while making enemies slow as molasses.

In the darkness of space, large hunks of water lie. This water is not liquid, but frozen inside of a large asteroid, and can possibly support life. However, these projectiles are very deadly, they can destroy entire worlds, as the water that they hold inside can change the geography of an entire planet!

But, in moderation, they can become possibly one of the most powerful things used by Terrarians. As evidence by the Comet Armor, a summoner's pride. This combines the power of an asteroid with the devastation of ice and water, creating a deadly, but beautiful combination.

As I look at it, it reflects all light, and it shows me how fast, and how deadly, these rocks from space truly can be.

The Comet Armor. Worn by ultimate Summoners in the stars, this armor is the best set pre-oblivion in it’s class. It does everything a summoner could need, dealing massive damage for large enemies, and causing those enemies to feel the pain at the same time. So, let's get into the stats.

Comet Armor
-pre-oblivion best set for summoners
-has less defense than the galactic armor, but has more damage, more critical chance and damage, higher minion count, and can inflict debuffs
-”The destruction of water condensed into a small area.”
-Set Bonus, “The arctic stars grant you power. Your attacks will inflict the frostburn debuff on enemies, as well as slow them down. Meanwhile, every-time your minions successfully strike a critical hit, your movement speed will be increased by 2, allowing you to get away in tough situations. Lastly, when your minions hit an enemy for over 200 damage, there is a 70% chance that enemy will drop a frozen orb. This frozen orb will grant life regen to all players in the vicinity for 6 seconds, but not as high as the nebula armor’s fully stacked life nebula. ”
-Armor costs by piece are: Helmet: 10 Arctic Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Ice. Plate: 20 Arctic Core, 22 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Ice. Leggings: 10 Arctic Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Ice.
-Helmet
-14 Defense
-Increases your max number of minions by 3
-Increases minion damage by 25%
-10% increased critical chance and damage​
-Bodyplate
-18 Defense
-Increases your max number of minions by 3
-Leggings
-14 Defense
-Increases your max number of minions by 2
-17% increased movement speed​

The armor will be covered in ice, leaving afterimages and frozen particles. It also has icicles atop of it, and has a sort-of comet trail leading behind it.

Now the incomplete class, the thrower. It needs a pillar, hard mode helmets, a hardmode armor set, and an endgame set. And I plan to do the endgame set first, since that is what part three is all about. The thrower will revisit the desert biome to find all new enemies of great power.

The blazing sun on my back, I jump into the hole, waiting to see what will be below. As I crawl through narrow spaces, I notice the darkness begin to form in shapes, eyes or bodies if you will.

As I venture further, these shapes get closer and closer. Unholstering my glove, I prepare to throw this party.

They all jump out at once, as I fly into the air, raining hell down upon them.

In the heat of the desert, many interesting animal adaptations can take place. Whether it be absorbing the little water in the sand, and storing it for thousands of years, or raising the dead, and eating their dead remains. Whatever it is, the underground desert is full of thousand year old fossils and dead beings, and what lies beneath the sand, is no longer a secret, especially in Galactic Mode.

New Desert Foes, Stats & Drops:

Desert Scorpion

-Climbs along walls, and deals massive damage if made contact with
-Moves quickly along walls, and if it falls off them, uses AI similar to fighter
-Looks like a sand poacher, only blends in with the sand backwalls, and has dark black eyes
Environment: Underground Desert
AI Type: 40, Spider
Damage: 160 Normal/200 Expert
Max Life: 800 Normal/1000 Expert
KB Resist: 70% Normal/80% Expert
Banner: Desert Scorpion Banner

Earthen Caster

-Uses the staff of earth to launch boulders at the player
-Fires with fast speed, and projectiles act the same as if a player was firing the weapon
-A rare spawn
-Looks like a person wearing the pharaohs robes, but not the hat, and having a ghoul’s head
Damage: 100 Normal/120 Expert(melee), 150 Normal/200 Expert(magic)
Max Life: 3000 Normal/5000 Expert
KB Resist: 75% Normal/85% Expert
Banner: Earthen Caster Banner
Drops: 5 Gold

Living Cactus

-Similar to an angry trapper, only instead, it is a cactus with a prickly pear fruit as it’s mouth
-Able to reach long distances to get players
-Spawns into tiles, if it isn’t hinged to a tile, it will die
-Common spawn
Damage: 120 Normal/140 Expert
Banner: Living Cactus Banner

Ancient Curse

-Similar to a cursed skull, but instead is a pharaoh's mask
-Flies toward the player, circling them before moving in for melee
-Inflicts the cursed debuff
AI Type: 10, Cursed Skull
Damage: 130 Normal/160 Expert
KB Resist: 90% Normal/92% Expert
Banner: Ancient Curse Banner
Drops: 60 Silver

Desert Wraith

-Similar to a wraith, but covered in sand, with dark black eyes
-Same as any other wraith, with more damage and a unique banner
-Can inflict the cursed debuff
Defense: 70
KB Resist: 85% Normal/90% Expert
Banner: Desert Wraith Banner
Drops: 75 Silver

Archer of the Sun

-Wields a bow of light
-Has high damage and high defense
-Looks like a player, but with a skeleton skull, a set of goggles, and rusted armor
Damage: 100 Normal/120 Expert(melee), 160 Normal/200 Expert(ranged)
Max Life: 3000 Normal/3500 Expert
Defense: 75
KB Resist: 50% Normal/54% Expert
Banner: Archer of the Sun Banner

Apophis

-A large burrowing glowing green snake representing the egyptian god of chaos
-Is huge! around half the length of the destroyer
-Glows green when in the dark, or in the ground
-Has glowing yellow eyes
Damage: 190 Normal/220 Expert
Max Life: 15000 Normal/30000 Expert
Banner: Apophis Banner
Drops: 20 Gold, Apophis Staff “16.67% Normal/20% Expert”, Tome of Chaos “16.67% Normal/20% Expert”, Sacred Blade “16.67% Normal/20% Expert”, Equilibrium Glove “16.67% Normal/20% Expert”, Ancient Flames “16.67% Normal/20% Expert”

Desert Tortoise

-Acts like other tortoises, but does more damage
-Flies through the air
-Instead of being green with tan, it’s tan with tan, it’s shell is cracked, and it’s eyes are a deep black
AI Type: 39, Tortoise
Damage: 150 Normal/200 Expert
Defense: 55
KB Resist: 75% Normal/80% Expert
Banner: Desert Tortoise Banner

All enemies throughout the Underground Desert have a chance to drop theLeftover Core, which is the main material for the thrower armor set.

Now for the thrower. The last class, but we definitely saved the best for last. Throwers are meant to be glass cannons, dishing out insane damage for high ammo cost and high damage taken in return. Well, with the new armor set, your throwing weapons will be the stuff of legends.

Throughout space, there is always leftover material. Things that did not form into planets or stars, and are just rocky masses full of resources and fortune. This is what the Thrower specializes in.

The power to change the battlefield belongs to the thrower, their ability to dish out damage is unmatched, even by melee. Their powerful attacks leave the user stunned, and keep the battle going

When I stare at the armor, I think when are we going to use this leftover material for good? The answer to that is already here, with the Planetoid Armor.

The Planetoid Armor. Worn by the throwers of suns, this armor enhances throwing ability by many ways. In doing so, the armor itself is extremely versatile, and can even make enemies drop more loot. Due to the fortune the asteroids have bestowed upon the thrower, even the mages and the warriors will have trouble finding how the thrower gains so much loot.

Planetoid Armor
-pre-oblivion best set for throwing
-has less defense than the galactic armor, but has more damage, more critical chance and damage, less throwing consumption, and a nice set bonus
-”The power of flaming fortunes leftover from distant stars.”
-Set Bonus, “The fortune of planetoids enhances your abilites. You now have innate treasure find, so no need for the suspicious looking tentacle. Your attacks also inflict the fortune debuff on enemies, which makes them drop 2x more money on death, and increases chance for rare drops. In addition, when you get hit, miniature asteroids orbit around you, blocking the next form of damage, and giving it back to the enemy. When the asteroids are around you, you gain innate lifesteal for 5 seconds with your throwing weapons (same percentage as ranged). The asteroids will not give you any more lifesteal after those 5 seconds, meaning getting hit is something you have to do for more lifesteal.”
-Armor costs by piece are: Skull: 10 Leftover Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Fire. Plate: 20 Leftover Core, 22 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Fire. Legs: 10 Leftover Core, 14 Galactic Bar, 10 Soul of Fire.
-Skull
-12 Defense
-27% chance not to consume thrown item
-Increases throwing damage by 30%
-Plate
-16 Defense
-Increases throwing damage by 30%
-Legs
-12 Defense
-50% increased throwing velocity
-17% increased movement speed​

The armor will be made of asteroid material, and will have craters throughout. It will also have areas where molten magma is visible. The helmet is a visor attached to an asteroid with molten material coming out of the top. The armor will leave behind dust particles and if you go fast enough, a flaming trail with fire particles.

And that is all folks. Oblivion and the new dark matter will be in the next part. This one took way too long to format and do, over 5 days of work on and off for this project, and I am glad you all enjoy it so much. Means a lot to me. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by 20 page barrier?

What I mean is it is done. 30 pages of glorious monsters and armor for you to look at.

Last edited:
Awesome, king. And I'm happy that (with the right equipment) I'll be able to cure over 4 hp per shot with the new improved SDMG.
And the others classes looks cool too. I might even risk use their sets for the lulz.

Awesome, king. And I'm happy that (with the right equipment) I'll be able to cure over 4 hp per shot with the new improved SDMG.
And the others classes looks cool too. I might even risk use their sets for the lulz.

I tried making lifesteal balanced. Everyone remembers the vampire knives and spectre armor after all :p

I tried making lifesteal balanced. Everyone remembers the vampire knives and spectre armor after all :p
When i asked blah, that if he can bring back Vampiric Teeth then everyone said that it will be forum war because no one wants game that easy with this. If you dont know what i mean then look at Baum's avalon LP. Not exxo but tConfig. He was just standing near bosses and taking 0 dmg because he was healing like hell

Good point, but they should nerf the item a bit.. Ok, maybe ALOT...

They already have. Both are useful now, but not as useful as they once were.

When i asked blah, that if he can bring back Vampiric Teeth then everyone said that it will be forum war because no one wants game that easy with this. If you dont know what i mean then look at Baum's avalon LP. Not exxo but tConfig. He was just standing near bosses and taking 0 dmg because he was healing like hell

Yeah, but with this, you only get 2% out of 100 damage, which I think is fair due to endgame weapons doing over 100 base damage. Some even require you to get hit, or do a critical hit for the lifesteal to even be active.

Oh. Anyways, I have a backup of Terraria 1.2.4.1 and I want to install this. Am I doing something wrong cause when I try to open Exxo Avalon, it says error about somethin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom