[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
(deep breath) blowpipes for shm and more for progression beforehand, a nerf to the gleaming twilight when its added so the screen isnt littered with arrows, oblivion to not be affected at all by knockback when hes added (unless you already changed that), perhaps your own personal buff to the golem (hes far too easy even on vanilla expert mode), a way to craft the balloon items maybe aswell... phew, i need a break from that...

Alright, here's the item list as of today's update (10.5):

--------------------
--------------------
Shadow Mirror
Crimson Potion
Goblin Army Knife
Goblin Toolbelt
Timechanger
Reflex Charm
Inertia Boots
Frost Gauntlet
Hades' Cross
Mana Compromise
Transformation Talisman
Life Dew
Freeze Bolt
Dulling Talisman
Chaos Tome
Soul of Ice
Magnet
Plantera's Fury
Null Emblem
Miner's Pickaxe
Miner's Sword
Quack
Earthen Insignia - unobtainable (effect is still unimplemented)
Sunstorm
Heart of the Golem - unobtainable (effect is still unimplemented)
Blah's Picksaw
Blah's Warhammer
Blah Potion
Blah's Headguard
Blah's Hauberk
Blah's Cuisses
Blah's Wings
-------------------
-------------------
Fiery Blade of Grass
Bloody Amulet
Demon Altar
Crimson Altar
Golden Shield
Oxygen Tank
Vortex
600 Watt Lightbulb
Greek Extinguisher
Nuclear Extinguisher
Hell Armored Helmet
Hell Blazing Chestplate
Hell Armored Greaves
Dungeon Helmet
Dungeon Plate Mail
Dungeon Pants
Rusty Helmet
Rusted Chestplate
Rusted Army Greaves
Reflex Shield

I believe the mod had phase cleavers or something like that before, do you think you could re-add those in? [might have been a different mod]

Last edited:
Alright, here's the item list as of today's update (10.5):

--------------------
--------------------
Shadow Mirror
Crimson Potion
Goblin Army Knife
Goblin Toolbelt
Timechanger
Reflex Charm
Inertia Boots
Frost Gauntlet
Hades' Cross
Mana Compromise
Transformation Talisman
Life Dew
Freeze Bolt
Dulling Talisman
Chaos Tome
Soul of Ice
Magnet
Plantera's Fury
Null Emblem
Miner's Pickaxe
Miner's Sword
Quack
Earthen Insignia - unobtainable (effect is still unimplemented)
Sunstorm
Heart of the Golem - unobtainable (effect is still unimplemented)
Blah's Picksaw
Blah's Warhammer
Blah Potion
Blah's Headguard
Blah's Hauberk
Blah's Cuisses
Blah's Wings
-------------------
-------------------
Fiery Blade of Grass
Bloody Amulet
Demon Altar
Crimson Altar
Golden Shield
Oxygen Tank
Vortex
600 Watt Lightbulb
Greek Extinguisher
Nuclear Extinguisher
Hell Armored Helmet
Hell Blazing Chestplate
Hell Armored Greaves
Dungeon Helmet
Dungeon Plate Mail
Dungeon Pants
Rusty Helmet
Rusted Chestplate
Rusted Army Greaves
Reflex Shield
When will you be satisfied with the amount of content you add to 1.3 and then wait for 1.3.1?

Sorry, but im seriously dumb and new in it. Can i install it without any other programms, just with clear Terraria 1.3.0.8 and those files? If yes - how?

Sorry, but im seriously dumb and new in it. Can i install it without any other programms, just with clear Terraria 1.3.0.8 and those files? If yes - how?
1. Extract from the.zip file.
2. Copy the contents of the new folder into a Terraria folder
3. Move the Content to of the content folder into the Exxo Avalon content folder
4. Launch the Exxo Avalon.exe
It should launch (may take up to a minute to do so).

1. Extract from the.zip file.
2. Copy the contents of the new folder into a Terraria folder
3. Move the Content to of the content folder into the Exxo Avalon content folder
4. Launch the Exxo Avalon.exe
It should launch (may take up to a minute to do so).
Uhm, even this is too much for me :( .

My god. What is wrong with me. Can you link me correct files, cause im installing it for the first time, and i dont have any "Exxo Avalon.exe". I mean, i downloaded the 10MB file.

@Edit: also, just in case - my english is seriously bad, sometimes i just use translator.

2016-01-06 02:12:07
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Exxo v10.0 Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

screenshot:
http://scr.hu/2tr4/45wwg
http://scr.hu/2tr4/55kgc
so, i extracted "Images" from Exxo v10.0 Content to terraria folder "Images"...

2016-01-06 02:12:07
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Exxo v10.0 Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

screenshot:
http://scr.hu/2tr4/45wwg
http://scr.hu/2tr4/55kgc
so, i extracted "Images" from Exxo v10.0 Content to terraria folder "Images"...
I got the same thing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452043899,1452043379][/DOUBLEPOST]CrackTiles.Xnb?? I checked my terraria folder but i still get an error about that cracktiles xnb file.

@Crocodile19 I was planning to not add them because they're underpowered. Hmm...

@x3r0x The steps to install:
1. Duplicate the Content folder in steam's terraria folder and rename it Exxo v10.0 Content.
2. Extract the zip to your steam's terraria folder.
3. Run the Avalon exe.

@imkSushi I'm not even sure I will update to 1.3.1. We'll see.

Anyway... I hope I don't have to explain how to install any more times <_<.

@Crocodile19 I was planning to not add them because they're underpowered. Hmm...

1. Duplicate the Content folder in steam's terraria folder and rename it Exxo v10.0 Content.
3. Run the Avalon exe.

Put the install directions under a big red, bold lettered header so that people will read them, instead of skipping over and then asking for help here. Just my suggestion, being with you and all. :)

3. Run the Avalon exe.

Heh, how about making a tier above the phasesabers then that aren't the phase cleavers?

I just realized I'm adding things without consulting you guys. To gain a better view of what everyone wants, I'll ask a couple questions. First, what would you like to see return? Second (and possibly the more important question), what things would you rather I not add? And thirdly, is there anything new you'd like to see (within reason)?
Well, you could add a nerfed version of the vampire teeth or whats-it-called.

Ooh I like that idea, it could be called Blood Dagger or something like that. Also the weapon you are thinking of is the Vampire Knives.
No, not the weapon. I'm talking about the accessory that make you heal like 5 percent of what you hit in the 1.1.2 version, aka the long, lost tapi version. But I like your idea of a nerfed vamiper knife. Crafted pre-golem?

Not trying to rush you or anything, but how is superhardmode going? Is it near completion? I want to start this mod once all the features that occur during world gen are implemented. Oh, and maybe add some more summoner items?

I haven't played Avalon in a long while since 1.1.2 and from then, I don't remember a Night's Edge tiered bow. If this helps at all, here is my placeholder sprite for it and I suggest adding armour along with this new tier if at all possible. I might get into the habit of making more sprites. Sorry, I lack enough knowledge to suggest any statistics for the weapon.

Harbinger of Midnight:
Harbinger of Midnight.png

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like to see added is the gift of starpower's upgrade from the tconfig version (starpower's will I think it was.)

EDIT: I would actually like to see a improved summoner accessory as well, requiring things like the pygmy necklace, papyrus scarab, summoner emblem and summoning potions.

Seeming as expert mode is being removed, how exactly will treasure bags/their unique items come into play? Because in vanilla expert mode (I'm sure you know this already) each player gets their own treasure bag with the unique item plus a full drop table from the boss so you have a much higher chance of getting everything you want with more people.

Will treasure bags still exist with a drop chance and will their unique items be added to the boss' drop table? Or will treasure bags be removed and the unique items be crafted from other items? Maybe you could add in a 'banner-like' mechanic in that after 'x' kills it gives each player who participated a treasure bag or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Maybe you could add in a 'banner-like' mechanic in that after 'x' kills it gives each player who participated a treasure bag or something along those lines.
i both like and dislike this idea, on one hand it promotes grinding on the other hand it's really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom