[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I supposed to be able to open a server with the server file provided in the zip file (version 12.0) or is its purpose something else?

I ask because I've been waiting for the possibility with this mod on 1.3 but i'm getting an error

You need the client exe in the same folder to run it.

I know this isn't much to ask for, but how about the upgraded vilethorns and the molten lance. I know you mentioned the upgraded blowpipes before, but I would love to see those come back also. :)

Also I don't know if this is a bug, but I couldn't summon Desert Beak in the desert in the day or night. My character just held the beak up for a second without using it and no summon happened.

You need the client exe in the same folder to run it.

That is what I did, got an error unhandled exception, among other uninportant info it appears newtonsoft.json version 7.0.0.0 is missing. Not sure if I made some mistake or if something is actually missing (didn't see anyone else saying anything of the sort so I assume it is on my end).

I can start the game just fine, server gives that error. The DLL provided, exxo executable, game executable and server executable are all in the same folder, as instructed.

Wait... What's this?

You know those 1.3 underground traps with the dynamite and the switches that have a lot of ore around them? Now imagine that about 3-4 times bigger, but without the explosions. You find one of those and you won't have to worry about a certain type of ore for a while.

You know those 1.3 underground traps with the dynamite and the switches that have a lot of ore around them? Now imagine that about 3-4 times bigger, but without the explosions. You find one of those and you won't have to worry about a certain type of ore for a while.

Oh, thanks. I actually play since 11.3 so my world doesn't have them

Hi, I found a problem with the server:
When i try to open it, say something like that:
System.typeinitializationexception
System.IO.FileLoadException : Can not load the archive or assembly 'Newsoft.json, Version=7.0.0.0
What should i do?
(my computer is in Portuguese, so, the print too)

Attachments

• Screenshot_15.png
    Screenshot_15.png
    61 KB · Views: 242
@ubwicos, @Crocodile19 That's a bug. XD. I forgot to make DB actually summonable... I'll release a quick fix in a few minutes.

That is what I did, got an error unhandled exception, among other uninportant info it appears newtonsoft.json version 7.0.0.0 is missing. Not sure if I made some mistake or if something is actually missing (didn't see anyone else saying anything of the sort so I assume it is on my end).

I can start the game just fine, server gives that error. The DLL provided, exxo executable, game executable and server executable are all in the same folder, as instructed.

Hi, I found a problem with the server:
When i try to open it, say something like that:
System.typeinitializationexception
System.IO.FileLoadException : Can not load the archive or assembly 'Newsoft.json, Version=7.0.0.0
What should i do?
(my computer is in Portuguese, so, the print too)

To both of you: I'm not sure how you don't have that DLL in the folder unless you're not running the server from your steam's terraria folder. Lol. You need that DLL to run 1.3 I think :p.

To both of you: I'm not sure how you don't have that DLL in the folder unless you're not running the server from your steam's terraria folder. Lol. You need that DLL to run 1.3 I think :p.

As I said, the dll provided in the zip file is in the folder, yesterday I tried verifying the game cache on steam, no changes, afterwards I tried reinstalling the whole thing (excluding the files related to characters and worlds obviously, which are not in the game folder) also no changes, I now have nothing installed on the folder other than vanilla and exxo avalon. Other DLLs in the game folder besides the "ionic.zip.cf.dll" which is in the mod zip file are the steam api and steamworks (since I'm not sure if you are referring to any other DLL file).

Coincidentally (perhaps), I am also brazilian (the other dude claiming to have a similar error says his OS is in portuguese so I'm assuming he is too), although, both my Windows and Steam are in english (Steam's download location and steam servers I play in on other games are still South American ones, for ping reasons), but I'm not sure how that could have any influence on the reported error.

I'll reiterate that both Exxo Avalon and vanilla Terraria run just fine, the issue happens with the "TerrariaExxoAv1.3Server.exe" and that alone, also, trying to open a server ingame (with all mods since 1.3) just perpetually stays on creating server or something similar (which is why I am actually trying to get the server file to work).

EDIT: I just now saw the screenshot the other user posted for the error, it is the same one I'm getting, only mine shows system specific messages in english instead of portuguese (which is irrelevant).

Hello guys.

I started a multiplayer server today with the newly updated v12 (I'm playing on Terraria 1.3).

The water seems to be bugged. It just stays motionless, won't flow to the sides, only downwards. I tried loading up a singleplayer world and it worked fine. Seems to be only on the multiplayer server that the water is bugged. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Avalon Waterflow.png
    Avalon Waterflow.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 202
I thought I had a problem on my end only :eek:

As that doesn't seem to be the case I'm fine with waiting for a stable server release, you may disregard my previous message.

@ubwicos, @Crocodile19 That's a bug. XD. I forgot to make DB actually summonable... I'll release a quick fix in a few minutes.

But, I already tried to find this dll and nothing, i got the version 6.0.0 but nothing change, any idea to fix it?

The Newtonsfot.json.dll? anyone gave the link?
To anyone having issues with the Newtonsoft.Json.dll I managed to fix mine by downloading the 7.0.1 release from the newtonsoft website (http://www.newtonsoft.com/json). Then clicking download and using the direct download which will take you to the github (https://github.com/JamesNK/Newtonsoft.Json/releases) Which is where you can download the 7.0.1 version (https://github.com/JamesNK/Newtonsoft.Json/releases/download/7.0.1/Json70r1.zip) after downloading open the zip and goto the net40 folder and make a backup of your current dll and replace it with the one from the zip. But then the server crashed when I tried to open a world. With a NullRefrenceException

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom