tModLoader [Released WIP] The Split Mod!

Yeah, I did kinda like the ice cubes. It's fine to remove them if there was a limitation in the coding because of it, or something like that.
They had to be removed because of incompatibility with other mods :(
[doublepost=1562472117,1562471927][/doublepost]0.3.0.4 patch is released! You can download it from tModLoader Mod Browser or here - http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/Split.tmod

Fixes:
  • Strange Communicator no longer summons the boss twice in multiplayer
  • Pilgrim is now correctly arrives after defeating Insurgent
  • Fixed Shadow Caster and Stalker attacks
  • Bloodstone bar is now displaying correctly
  • Fixed description of Red Patch
Changes:
  • Changed the way Super-Surgeon attacks
  • Added several new name variants for Librarian and Pilgrim
  • Some new quotes for Twilight Walker

Hello ppl and mod creator, I really love the split mod, it is well done, bosses do have very smooth and nice animations, i love them, but i have 2 questions:

1. Could you please make Split mod work with leveled mod? I really love bosses but they are too weak with leveled mod and they die very very fast. I would like to fight with them a little longer and see their full potential.

2. It is only me or Musketron is a little bugged? It deals much more LESS damage than it supposed to, or maybe it is bugged only with leveled mod.... anyway nice weapon but don't work for me :<

0.3.0.5 patch is out! You can download it from tModLoader Mod Browser or here!
Fixes:
- Mirrors now have proper cooldown values
- Traitor's Requiem projectiles deal damage properly
- Insurgent's Treasure Bag drops less trophies
- Fixed Tearstone Scepter's targeting bug
- Fixed crash when firing Enchanted bow and Gemspark Splash in closed areas
- Fixed Galaxia's invisible block collision
- Tome of Patromancy now requires Tome of Dark Pyromancy instead of first one
- Insurgent's Treasure Bag contains one random Phylactery now

Changes:
- Some recipes were simplified
- New attack for Bloody Stream and Celestial Daggers
- Visual changes to some old weapons
- Heart of Guardian now costs less and The Commando drops less gold when defeated multiple times
- Some weapons are stronger now
- Phylactery Gals now teleport to player when too far away
- Insurgent has more health

Is it just me or does boss health not scale with players on expert mode ( I fought Spirit with friends, no idea about other bosses)

EDIT : also the discord link seems to be broken somehow. It says it either expired or i don't have permission to join :(

Last edited:
Just to let you know, the dusty mirrors seem to break my game when i try to "reveal" them. No other mods, just using split.

However, it's a great mod and keep up good work!

Just to let you know, the dusty mirrors seem to break my game when i try to "reveal" them. No other mods, just using split.

However, it's a great mod and keep up good work!

Same here, although in my case it might be due to overabundace of various mods [Currently playing with Split, Calamity, Elements Awoken, Sacred Tools, Spirit Mod & Thorium Mod]
In any case, here is the crash log after revealing a dusty mirror:

Screenshot

Same here, although in my case it might be due to overabundace of various mods [Currently playing with Split, Calamity, Elements Awoken, Sacred Tools, Spirit Mod & Thorium Mod]

Screenshot

Yeah, I got exactly the same crash log. It could be due to the overabundance of mods, but I only have a few on - Wildlife, Fargo's mutant, LUiafk, and Max Stack Plus.

My game is also crashing when trying to use the dusty mirror. When I right click it, it shows what mirror that I received and closes my inventory, when I open inventory back up and try to mouse over the new mirror, the game will crash, every time. Rest of the Mod seems to be working great though, having a blast with it!! Thanks for all your hard work!

My game is also crashing when trying to use the dusty mirror. When I right click it, it shows what mirror that I received and closes my inventory, when I open inventory back up and try to mouse over the new mirror, the game will crash, every time. Rest of the Mod seems to be working great though, having a blast with it!! Thanks for all your hard work!
Same here. There seems to be something wrong with the mirrors. After recieving one from the Dusty Mirror, mousing over it will crash me without fail too.
Seems to be a common issue for months now. Here's hoping there's a fix soonish.

Hi.

When I create a mirror from Dusty Mirror and put the mouse over the new mirror the game crash. I test it with only this mod working and crash too.

[20:19:09] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin (SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix) [0x00008] in FNA.dll
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin (SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState) [0x00018] in FNA.dll
at Terraria.Main.DrawToMap_Section (Int32 secX, Int32 secY) [0x000e4] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (GameTime gameTime) [0x010ff] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.Draw (GameTime gameTime) [0x0001c] in tModLoader.exe
[20:19:09] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 -> Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
[20:19:09] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 -> Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Bye.

Screenshot
I´m using exactly the same mods, and I´m having the same error with the same log

Hello! The split mod is one of my favorite mods for Terraria. It is packed full of a lot enjoyable content. Plus, the updates to it are honestly incredible. HOWEVER, there is one major thing that really disappointed me. The rework of the spirit boss, I personally think is terrible. This rework was in v 0.3.0.1. First of all, this update was amazing in general. It added 2 more amazing bosses and, as always, includes content as polished as ever. But this update came with the spirit rework. The boss before the rework was really fun. It has great sprite work (as always), had fun attacks, but my favorite part was AFTER the fight. When she was defeated, she would stop attacking, take off her hoodie and then there would be a moment of dialogue that included a bunch of plot stuff, and added a ton of character to the boss. But now, the rework of the spirit has sprite work that isn't bad, but not as impressive as the amazing original fight. Plus, the dialogue at the end of the fight was reduced to one sentence, and there is no moment of conversation or anything. She just disappears when she runs out of health.

So anyways, I hope this doesn't come off as mean or anything. I didn't go into detail about the rework of the fight ITSELF, but the attacks are just kind of more underwhelming now. I just want to know if anyone else thinks the same as me. I love this mod, while it has a small amount of content compared to something like calamity, but all the content is very polished, fun and a joy to see. Personally, I think calamity has nothing on this mod in terms of polish! Now that it has been updated more, it really should be one of the most respected mods in all of Terraria. I hope it gets even more content in the future!<3

I really want to see some replies to this, so I can hear some other opinions about this~:sigh:

Edit: I just recently played with the split mod again, and I can happily say the mirage is one of my new favorite bosses and maybe even my overall favorite. So many awesome attacks, an interesting way to spawn it, some of the best sprite work I've ever seen in a mod, and loot that actually makes it very worth to fight. Incredible!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom