tModLoader [Released WIP] ToolTips PLUS

OneChainz

Terrarian
Version 0.4
Author: OneChainz

ToolTips PLUS

A basic rendition of Shockah's Expanded ToolTips mod for tAPI.

zMWoW7a.png

DOWNLOAD

or

Download through the mod browser.

Code:
Changelog:

V 0.1
- Release

V 0.2
- Color-coded tiers
- Added sell value and reforge value
- Knockback values are 'changed' based on accessories

V 0.3

Bugfix
- Muramasa, Blade of Grass, Molten Fury, Light's Bane, and Blood Butcherer all had incorrect speed values for some reason
- This is a temporary fix as the new speed values have been hard coded until I figure out exactly why it is returning 100.

V 0.4
- Most, if not all, weapons should now have close to correct speed values (although they are +1 from the Wiki, but the +1 is what the source code says)

Upcoming Features

- Show the actual bonus that the modifier's are giving
- Add a range field
- Add in more data for mounts and wings such as speed bonuses/flight time

If you have any comments about what colors you think are better for the tier values, let me know your suggestions. They are in RGB value.

Feature Requests
- Custom player tool tips

If you have any suggestions or would like to assist in expanding on this, contact me on the forum.

Credits (for assistance in writing this mod): bluemagic123 and Shockah, and anyone else in the #tapi IRC.

Last edited:
Looks like this will be a useful tool for all! Kudos. Look forward to seeing full depth and breadth features!

This is something I've added since then, but if you guys could suggest colors for the tier values of knockback and/or use time in RGB, I'll add that in.

jT7yuZa.jpg

Red is of course lowest tier, and the pinkish-purple is the highest tier.

The last line added under all the modifiers is the sell value, and the only "bug" with it, is that it does not go away when trying to sell to an NPC, so it says it twice.

Updated the mod! Added some cool features like color coding and sell values, etc.

Check the changelog.

howcome this mod says weapons like the muramasa have a "like a snail" speed?

Okay, that's really weird. I'll make note of this. I don't know why item.useTime reports 100 for Muramasa...

Seems like it does that for any item that builds into Night's Edge

Any other items you notice speed being reported incorrectly?

EDIT: Seems like I found my issue. Weapons that build into Night's Edge, and possibly more, do not have a use time and it defaults into 100...

Since this is a tooltip mod, is there going to be a way to actually edit description tooltips? :indifferent:

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Last edited:
Fixed the bug that was mentioned for some weapons having incorrect speed values.

Please report any more incorrect speeds there may be.

Fixed the bug that was mentioned for some weapons having incorrect speed values.

Please report any more incorrect speeds there may be.

The Starfury says slow instead if it's normal speed (Which I think is around Fast-Very Fast)
I think it's looking at the star's recharge speed and not the sword speed itself.

The Katana(from the travelling merchant) says slow as snail speed.

The Starfury says slow instead if it's normal speed (Which I think is around Fast-Very Fast)
I think it's looking at the star's recharge speed and not the sword speed itself.

Seems like there are a few weapons that have the use time left out and it defaults to 100 with my code.

I'll look at all weapons to see what needs fixing. Thanks for bringing this up

They should, for the most part, all be fixed now. It is however, one higher than the wiki reports, but these numbers are straight from the source code. There's probably some code somewhere that adds 1.

Suggestion : a version with white tooltip text or an option to change the color.
While those bright colors are a good indication of item tiers in terms of knockback/attack speed, they interfere with Terraria's color-coding. What I mean is that bright colors are usually associated with powerful or rare items and seeing them on a copper shortsword ,for example, feels kinda distracting.

Suggestion : a version with white tooltip text or an option to change the color.
While those bright colors are a good indication of item tiers in terms of knockback/attack speed, they interfere with Terraria's color-coding. What I mean is that bright colors are usually associated with powerful or rare items and seeing them on a copper shortsword ,for example, feels kinda distracting.

To change the color, at least for me, would have to be a complete new version. Is there a specific part you want with no color or all tool tips no color?

Always wanted to see the exact use times. Things like "Very Fast" can either mean a platinum sword or fetid baghnakhs.

To change the color, at least for me, would have to be a complete new version. Is there a specific part you want with no color or all tool tips no color?
No color at all, like the rest of the text.
I figure that most people would prefer the colored version, but thank you anyway.

Edit : actually, don't bother. I've found out that you didn't lock the tmod file , so I'll edit the colors for myself, if you don't mind.
Forgot to say thank you, this mod is very useful, especially if playing with tons of modded items.

Last edited:
No color at all, like the rest of the text.
I figure that most people would prefer the colored version, but thank you anyway.

Edit : actually, don't bother. I've found out that you didn't lock the tmod file , so I'll edit the colors for myself, if you don't mind.
Forgot to say thank you, this mod is very useful, especially if playing with tons of modded items.

Haha alright then. Go ahead and post it as a comment if you want and I'll reupdate the post if anyone wants the same thin you do

Back
Top Bottom