Weapons & Equip Remastered Ancient Cobalt Armor - give more love to this thing!

Ancient Cobalt Armor should...

• have stats-increasing set bonus, be dropped by Dark Casters

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • have stats-increasing set bonus, be founded in locked Golden Chests

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • have unique set bonus, be dropped by Dark Casters

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • have unique set bonus, be founded in locked Golden Chests

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • i don't like this idea (pls comment why)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Heretic

Queen Bee
tgDThts.png

So, what we have now? An graphical analogue of these
Броня_джунглей.png
? It's pretty dumb idea.

Poor mages. All glory comes to jungle armor and ancient cobalt armor is abaddoned. This is slightly unfair, isn't it?

Now i suggest this idea with one objective: to revive the forgotten by everyone Ancient Cobalt Armor.

kdcROYP.png

Introducing the
Древняя_кобальтовая_броня.png

Remastered Ancient Cobalt Armor

Total Defence: 19

Stats: +60 mana, +9% magic damage

Set Bonus:

Old: -14% mana consumption

New: Killing an enemy gives you new buff

Buff.png

Ancient Blessing
(i'll change icon sprite soon)

Description: +2% magic crits chance when you kill enemies, stacks up to 6 times

Buff Duration: 9 seconds

Basically, it gives to player an opportunity do deal bonus damage to other enemies, being particularly useful during invasions.

Древний_кобальтовый_шлем.png

Ancient Cobalt Helmet

Old stats: 5 defence, +40 mana, +4% magic crits chance

New stats: 6 defence, +20 mana, +3% magic damage

Древний_кобальтовый_нагрудник.png

Ancient Cobalt Breastplate

Old stats: 6 defence, +20 mana, +4% magic crits chance

New stats: 7 defence, +20 mana, +3% magic damage

Древние_кобальтовые_поножи.png

Ancient Cobalt Leggings

Old stats: 6 defence, +20 mana, +4% magic crits chance

New stats: 6 defence, +20 mana, +3% magic damage

As you see, remastered ancient cobalt armor is more intended for damage dealers, and with that the jungle armor fits well with support mages.

And this means what you now have two ways of progress - Dungeon or Jungle.

So, let's talk about the way of obtaining it:

kdcROYP.png

Obtaining the Armor

Npc_32.gif

1. Armor pieces can be dropped by Dark Casters with 5% chance (1/20 chance)

Pretty obvious idea. Dark Casters are mages, and the Dungeon contains a big amount of magic weapons. Get it?

Gold_Chest.png

2. Armor can be founded in Golden Chests in the Dungeon

More acceptable concept than farming. Because all armor set can be founded in one chest. Easy and not so interesting, but without hurting your nerve cells

Golden_Key.png

But you still need to have this thing to open those chests, don't you?

kdcROYP.png

19/05/17 - ???
Fifth Update

- removed awkward balanced damage-boosting set bonus
- removed part of one of the ways of obtaining
- changing other suggested by users stuff*

*more changes come soon

26/12/16
Fourth Update

- redesigned the unique set bonus of armor
- added misunderstanding about efficiency of changelog

25/11/16
Third Update

- changed name of thread

18/11/16
Second Update

- rebalanced Dark Caster's armor pieces drop's chance from 1/33 to 1/20
- added two ways of obtaining armor from golden chests
- improved grammar greatly
- added support banner

- completed yet an unique set bonus

12/11/16
First Update

- improved some weird parts of text
- added some images

5/11/16
Creation of Suggestion

kdcROYP.png

Huge thanks to M4D-4LI3N for improving my grammar a lot and cool separated pieces of armor idea.

So, this is all of my suggestion. Comments/criticism are welcomed!
TBkB3Cq.png

Banner code below:

Code:
[url]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/ancient-cobalt-armor-an-alt-set-of-jungle-armor.50997[/url][img]http://i.imgur.com/tgDThts.png[/img]

Last edited:
Here comes the update of suggestion! So yeah, i improve some weird word expressions and add a few images. And now anybody can see history of this thread. Let's see how my suggestion can get some comments.

Wow, magnificent idea! To give players an actual reason to search and use the Ancient Cobalt Armor Set is definitely a great suggestion. I totally support this
index.php

Oh, one suggestion to make:
Generate each part of the armor on 3 separated chests inside the dungeon, get it all at once seems to easy.

Wow, magnificent idea! To give players an actual reason to search and use the Ancient Cobalt Armor Set is definitely a great suggestion. I totally support this
index.php

If this thread has more members who support...

#INEEDMAKEANSUPPORTBANNER

[doublepost=1479419353,1479419149][/doublepost]
Oh, one suggestion to make:
Generate each part of the armor on 3 separated chests inside the dungeon, get it all at once seems to easy.

I thought about that way of obtaining before, but i decided what this is hardcore - separate armor pieces. Anyway, thanks for support and give me this idea.

but i decided what this is hardcore - separate armor pieces
But we want challenges, there's enough cheesy items already(it takes some knowledge to get them but they're cheesy). The struggling makes the reward better. But it's your call(i'm just trying to put it out there for debate). Besides, farming casters with a 1/33 chance might be even harder.

But we want challenges, there's enough cheesy items already(it takes some knowledge to get them but they're cheesy). The struggling makes the reward better. But it's your call(i'm just trying to put it out there for debate). Besides, farming casters with a 1/33 chance might be even harder.

But i don't said what this is final version of suggestion.

But i don't said what this is final version of suggestion.
Yes, i know you didn't said anything about this being definitive, that's precisely why i'm trying to open a debate(to improve the suggestion if it's possible). It's a good idea, all i'm doing it's thinking about what implies from a gamer's perspective. So this is my proposal: Make it hard to find but worth the trouble. That will make the set a "must have" in all mage's lists. What do you say?

It's time to update suggestion! Now armor pieces can be dropped by dark casters with 1/20 chance (1/33 chance before), and @M4D-4LI3N suggested pretty cool idea! What idea - look in OP for details.
[doublepost=1479421804,1479421709][/doublepost]
Yes, i know you didn't said anything about this being definitive, that's precisely why i'm trying to open a debate(to improve the suggestion if it's possible). It's a good idea, all i'm doing it's thinking about what implies from a gamer's perspective. So this is my proposal: Make it hard to find but worth the trouble. That will make the set a "must have" in all mage's lists. What do you say?

Already updated OP :D

Already updated OP
Nice, now this is more of a correction:
But you still need to have this thing to open chests, haven't it?
I think it should say: "But you still need to have this thing to open those chests, don't you?"
Dark Casters is mages, and the Dungeon contains big amount of magic weapons. You got it.
"Dark Casters are mages, and the Dungeon contains a big amount of magic weapons. Get it?"
So, let's talk about way of obtaining.
"So, let's talk about the way of obtaining it:"

PD:Not trying to be a know-it-all, just trying to lend you a hand with grammar issues( 'Cause i know that in Russia, the English types you my friend :D )

Nice, now this is more of a correction:

I think it should say: "But you still need to have this thing to open those chests, don't you?"

"Dark Casters are mages, and the Dungeon contains a big amount of magic weapons. Get it?"

"So, let's talk about the way of obtaining it:"

PD:Not trying to be a know-it-all, just trying to lend you a hand with grammar issues( 'Cause i know that in Russia, the English types you my friend :D )

Thanks!

And i made yet another update of my grammar! Probably now all members can read OP without cringe.

Cool, but there's more from where that came from( sorry, it's all for a greater cause :) )
More acceptable concept than farming. But it have two ways of realising:
"More acceptable concept than farming. But it it could happen in two different ways:"
Sounds more wisely and bravely! At least you can have fun of sneaking around.
"It sounds more wise and brave! At least you can have fun while sneaking around."
So, this is all of mine suggestion. Comments/criticism are welcomed!
"So, this is all of my suggestion. Comments/criticism are welcomed!"

Cool, but there's more from where that came from( sorry, it's all for a greater cause :) )

"More acceptable concept than farming. But it it could happen in two different ways:"

"It sounds more wise and brave! At least you can have fun while sneaking around."

"So, this is all of my suggestion. Comments/criticism are welcomed!"

whaaaaaat iiiii doooooone

Back
Top Bottom