Game Mechanics Remove Particles option

Leaper

Retinazer
I have a low-end computer that i play Terraria on, and it gets rather laggy sometimes. The most lag I experience is when there are a lot of particles on-screen. I think a No Particles option would really help some players with lower end computers. For instance, projectiles would still be damaging, they would just not have the sparkles.
Some alternatives that could help to are a Less Particles option, which reduce the amount of particles given, or simply an option that removes all particles out of the players view, off screen.
These options may not work in multiplayer, as simply making the particles invisible will not improve the fps if they are still there. They would need to be straight up removed, and i dont know how this would work in multiplayer.

TL;DR, a No Particles effect to greatly increase FPS on crappy computers.​

The Water Bolt actually doesn't have a projectile sprite and only uses particles for visuals. How would it be affected by this?

The Water Bolt actually doesn't have a projectile sprite and only uses particles for visuals. How would it be affected by this?
Hmm... Yes, there would be some weird effects of this option. I guess make so Water Bolt has an actual projectile in this mode, and also stuff like Gem staves, crystal serpent etc.

Back
Top Bottom