Blocks & Decoration Remove world gen of rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quethed

Terrarian
I find that that rail world gen has countless issues.
Issues that I can think of instantly:
1: Overrides modded things
2: Makes exploring too easy
3: Crafting rails is perfect at 1 iron for 50
4: destroys lots of things it should not get into like:
Underground cabins
Statues
5: This is everyday:
MinecartWGSucks.jpg

if not to be removed, then at least make that a world gen option.
...or can someone make a mod to remove the world gen of rails

This isn't really a big issue.
1: Overrides modded things
2: Makes exploring too easy
3: Crafting rails is perfect at 1 iron for 50
4: destroys lots of things it should not get into like:
1. This game isn't exactly created soley around mods. Any problem encountered like this must be solved by the modder, not Re-Logic. Rails are a part of the game design, so no sacrifices should be made there.
2. This is a bad thing? Game time doesn't exactly define exhilaration or how much fun someone is having. These rails make exploring faster, so people can upgrade quicker and accomplish more, letting them save time. It's your decision to use these rail roads.
3. What does this have to do with natural world gen of these rails? It might be cheap, but that makes it so that people don't have to spend loads of resources making rails which could be spent on more important items, progression wise.
4. World generation isn't exactly perfect. Many flaws such as underground pyramids and corrupted Jungles appear in world gen, so this one isn't exactly major. Besides, world generation like that shows how said the world of Terraria may have aged quite a bit, so imperfections like this are certain to be afoot.

HOWEVER, your compromise of disabling it in the options is something I'm not against.

I don't agree at all with any of your "points". Rails are a welcome part of cave generation that improve the tediousness of mining and create interesting generation. The only change I would make is lessening the perfect angle rail tunnels tend to carve out; I believe they should be more rough looking.

I don't agree at all with any of your "points". Rails are a welcome part of cave generation that improve the tediousness of mining and create interesting generation. The only change I would make is lessening the perfect angle rail tunnels tend to carve out; I believe they should be more rough looking.
4 and 5 cannot be argued

They both seem to be the same thing, and there's nothing wrong with rails going into cabins.
4: it destroys cabins. 5:it happens every time I generate a world. how in what universe is it even a dot close to fine, everything about it cutting cabins is. just. wrong. also I have seen many times a 2 (around) block total statue because a rail cut it

"If it's slightly broken, remove it."

...Why not just improve it? Most of the time they generate properly at least, and they can tinker with world gen to better ensure overlapping won't happen as much.
It is not just slightly broken, it is one of the most broken things I've seen in terraria. for "fix it" it needs a blacklist of blocks that it can't travel near.

if you remove everything broken, then remove:
life cyrystals
mana crystal from fallen stars
particular weapons (lots that I can think of)
many, many, MANY other things

It is not just slightly broken, it is one of the most broken things I've seen in terraria. for "fix it" it needs a blacklist of blocks that it can't travel near.

if you remove everything broken, then remove:
life cyrystals
mana crystal from fallen stars
particular weapons (lots that I can think of)
many, many, MANY other things
Is that an argument for or against your point? It's saying it would be horrible to remove broken things.

How exactly is it broken? It may overlap cabins and other natural structures, but is that really so invasive to gameplay that it calls for a total and udder removal of these world features? As I said, the imperfection that it appears to be shows that the world of Terraria aged quite a bit, so there is bound to be some strange structures floating around here and there. Does it break anything? Not at all, all structures that are intervened by these railroads still have all the supplies or items they usually would have, so what is being hurt, gameplay wise?

It may not look pretty, but world generation isn't going to be something you can rely on for beautiful and perfect generation of landscapes which appeal to the eye. Not only is it simply an imperfection that all generators have, it adds a bit of realism to the world of Terraria.

Things that seem like they should be removed for one reason or another leave a huge gap behind if removed. Even if gone, what would fill the rail gap?

Things that seem like they should be removed for one reason or another leave a huge gap behind if removed. Even if gone, what would fill the rail gap?
What gap are you talking about? The whole thing is errors and unbalanced exploration.
How exactly is it broken? It may overlap cabins and other natural structures, but is that really so invasive to gameplay that it calls for a total and udder removal of these world features? As I said, the imperfection that it appears to be shows that the world of Terraria aged quite a bit, so there is bound to be some strange structures floating around here and there. Does it break anything? Not at all, all structures that are intervened by these railroads still have all the supplies or items they usually would have, so what is being hurt, gameplay wise?

It may not look pretty, but world generation isn't going to be something you can rely on for beautiful and perfect generation of landscapes which appeal to the eye. Not only is it simply an imperfection that all generators have, it adds a bit of realism to the world of Terraria.
You are not the first person I've encountered who decided good things are useless. Last person decided to cheat terraria then when I closed the server, and told him the evidence of cheating, he made up fake thing about me to get everyone against me BACK OFF. :mad:

What gap are you talking about? The whole thing is errors and unbalanced exploration.

You are not the first person I've encountered who decided good things are useless. Last person decided to cheat terraria then when I closed the server, and told him the evidence of cheating, he made up fake thing about me to get everyone against me BACK OFF. :mad:
Hi @Quethed, seems that this topic is getting you a bit agitated. There are going to be some members that agree with your suggestion, and some that don’t - no matter what you say. The discussion should remain cordial and civil though.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can send me a private message by clicking the ‘Start a Conversation’ link under my avatar at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom