Blocks & Decoration Rename Snow & Ice bricks to "White Brick" and "Blue Brick"

Fiesty

Terrarian
Would just make sense because bricks made out of clay or stone are called "Red Brick" and "Gray Brick".
So why isnt Snow Brick called "White Brick" and Ice Brick called "Blue Brick"?

Would just make sense because bricks made out of clay or stone are called "Red Brick" and "Gray Brick".
So why isnt Snow Brick called "White Brick" and Ice Brick called "Blue Brick"?
It's Cuz Snow/Ice Brick Isn't Just "Brick"
It's More Than That

Hi,

why isnt Snow Brick called "White Brick" and Ice Brick called "Blue Brick"?
The English language and real world connections are likely the main culprit.

It could be that way because clay and stone are resources that are commonly used for bricks in the real world, so there is no need to label bricks made from the resources "Clay brick" and "Stone brick" respectively. Meanwhile, snow and ice are not usually used to make bricks in the real world (igloos are a famous exception.) If I said "White brick" than someone might assume that I'm talking about a brick made of limestone or quartz. They may not immediately know that I am talking about a snow brick because snow isn't commonly used to make bricks.

Alternatively, "Red brick" and "Grey brick" could be terms that are popular or used regularly enough that simply using "Clay brick" and "Stone brick" as an alternative may seem strange.

Ultimately though, I don't really know, but these seem like plausible theories.

In my opinion, I wouldn't rename snow and ice bricks to white and blue bricks because they don't hint that you can make them out of snow and ice. I might get confused and think that 'white bricks' are made out of marble or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom