Device: iPad (6th gen, A1893)
Framerate Cap: 30
Lightning: Trippy
VFX quality (someone explain this): Low
Backgrouds: On
Blood and Gore: Off
Screen Effects: Off
___
Please add noted (or tips) on what all these influence. Right now I can merely guess.
UI Quality: Low
Characters Quality: Low
Projectiles Quality: Low
Backgrounds Quality: Low
Gore Quality: Low
Glows Quality: Low
Environmental Quality: Low

Rendering Issue
During play, completely dark (local lighting of 0, unilluminated) tiles sometimes flicker into nothing (and reveals the background), then flicker back. This is not apparent in the beginning but gradually builds.
This does not matter if that tile had been revealed (shown on minimap) or not. This does not significantly impact game performance.
Note that I have the above graphics settings.

Tiles Update
The time to update the placement of tiles under these settings is extreme. On average, there will be one update for every 5 blocks placed. The un-updated tiles might not impact gameplay (example, laying down minecart tracks when in a minecart going in that direction)
On PC the time for lightning to update is significant, but tiles update separately. On mobile it seems that the tiles update is bond to this.
___
Liquids flow slowly, but updates separately. They can be updated (immediately) by quitting and saving the world and reload it (where it will settle the liquid). This is intended behavior.

Graveyard
The range for the graveyard biome to take place is immense. I don't even need to have any tombstones on screen for it to activate. Earlier versions (verify), even a dozen tombstones on screen will fail to produce ecto mist, but they change the background. Perhaps it's because ecto mist was bond to blood and gore. This might preferably be reduced. (haven't checked it out on PC yet)

Slime and Slime AI
I had noted instances where slimes spawn trapped in tiles (specifically, hammered tiles). No screenshots yet.
By extension, sometimes king slime teleport itself into places that literally cause him to go into tiles and out of most weapon's reach.

v1.4.0.5.1 Build 514
Device: iPad (6th gen, A1893)
Framerate Cap: 30
Lightning: Trippy
VFX quality (someone explain this): Low
Backgrouds: On
Blood and Gore: Off
Screen Effects: Off
___
Please add noted (or tips) on what all these influence. Right now I can merely guess.
UI Quality: Low
Characters Quality: Low
Projectiles Quality: Low
Backgrounds Quality: Low
Gore Quality: Low
Glows Quality: Low
Environmental Quality: Low

Rendering Issue
During play, completely dark (local lighting of 0, unilluminated) tiles sometimes flicker into nothing (and reveals the background), then flicker back. This is not apparent in the beginning but gradually builds.
This does not matter if that tile had been revealed (shown on minimap) or not. This does not significantly impact game performance.
Note that I have the above graphics settings.

Tiles Update
The time to update the placement of tiles under these settings is extreme. On average, there will be one update for every 5 blocks placed. The un-updated tiles might not impact gameplay (example, laying down minecart tracks when in a minecart going in that direction)
On PC the time for lightning to update is significant, but tiles update separately. On mobile it seems that the tiles update is bond to this.
___
Liquids flow slowly, but updates separately. They can be updated (immediately) by quitting and saving the world and reload it (where it will settle the liquid). This is intended behavior.

Graveyard
The range for the graveyard biome to take place is immense. I don't even need to have any tombstones on screen for it to activate. Earlier versions (verify), even a dozen tombstones on screen will fail to produce ecto mist, but they change the background. Perhaps it's because ecto mist was bond to blood and gore. This might preferably be reduced. (haven't checked it out on PC yet)

Slime and Slime AI
I had noted instances where slimes spawn trapped in tiles (specifically, hammered tiles). No screenshots yet.
By extension, sometimes king slime teleport itself into places that literally cause him to go into tiles and out of most weapon's reach.
with the visual bugs, try setting to these settings:
Framerate Cap: 60
Lighting: Colour
VFX Quality: Auto
backgrounds: On
Blood and Gore: On
Screen effects: On
UI Quality: High
Characters Quality: High
Projectiles Quality: High
Backgrounds Quality: High
Gore Quality: High
Glows Quality: High
Environmental Quality: High

i can explain what some of these settings actually do; framerate cap is frames per second; screen effects is for events like the bloos moon (alters the visuals during those events); UI quality is for the user interface (e.g: the inventory, the main game's menu); character quality is how sharp the player stands out (less pixelated); projectile quality is for the projectiles and how smooth they move across the screen (e.g: bullets, the zenith's use animation); backgroung quality is the quality for the background (similar to the character quality, it changes how pixelated the background is); gore quality is for how the gore (such as zombie guts, bosses' body pieces after death) is displayed (aka, how pixelated it is); glows quality is for how the glow is displayed (e.g: for torches and light pets) and how frequent it updates its status (for the glow, not the other parts of the game); environmental quality is the quality for tiles (such as placed blocks) and furniture (such as crafting stations and trees); and VFX quality is short for visual effects quality, which is basically the quality for most visual effects (e.g: the movement of the player and mobs, the trees when they move on a windy day).

I hope this information helps with some of the problems that you stated, if it doesn't help much, I will look further into how to work around these bugs.

Kind Regards: Windless Jeff ^w^

Back
Top Bottom