Arrow.png
Type: Ammunition
Damage: 10
Knockback: 2 (Very Weak)
Velocity: 4
Tooltip: Likes to stick around.
Effect: In a way similar to Daybreak/Javelins, once the arrow is fired from
the bow, they will stick into the enemy dealing initial damage and then another
3 damage per arrow attached onto the target per second that stacks up to 30 damage per second after 10 arrows are stuck on the enemy.
Arrows will last on the target for 10 seconds.
Arrows stuck in them will result in a 33% chance to drop each individual arrow that is stuck in them on death.

The idea here is: Unholy Arrows are good at crowd control early game and multi-segmented enemies.
Repulsive Arrows should be better than Unholy Arrows at single-target DPS.
================================================================================================================
"But lFTLOGodsl, how would one craft these arrows?"
"The Crimson only has ONE drop in the entire biome!"
Vertebrae.png

My idea is not only to add a new "Worm Tooth-esque" item.

Bloodied Fang
sorry for my terrible art 3:

Bloodied Tooth.png
A counter-part to the Worm Tooth (
Worm_Tooth.png
), it will serve as the Crimson variant to it.
And it will drop from Blood Crawlers: 1-3 on death 40%

Why do we need this?

Did you know:

Thorns_Potion.png

These babies are uncraftable in Crimson worlds?
Worm Tooth is part of the recipe.

Also going back to my aforementioned Crimson variant Unholy Arrow:

Arrow.png

The recipe for its crafting would be:

Wooden_Arrow.png
Bloodied Tooth.pngx 15

I would also consider changing the Unholy Arrow Recipe to:

Wooden_Arrow.png
Worm_Tooth.png

Because currently the recipe is underwhelming:

Wooden_Arrow.png
Worm_Tooth.png

So?
Let me know what you guys think :D

EDIT: The Arms Dealer will now sell the corresponding biome arrow at night and the alternate biome arrow during Blood Moons.
i.e. If you have a world with Crimson, at night (Hard Mode) Repulsive Arrows are sold, during Blood Moons, Unholy Arrows are sold.

Last edited:
The arrow is a good idea. It sounds useful, the programming is definitely doable, and yes your sprite is great.

Though I don’t consider the Thorns Potion a compelling reason to make this change. Worst buff potion in the game IMO. Wouldn’t miss it at all if it were removed.

Though I don’t consider the Thorns Potion a compelling reason to make this change. Worst buff potion in the game IMO. Wouldn’t miss it at all if it were removed.
Awh thanks :D And I feel the same way, but just feels wrong that it isn't at least POSSIBLE, you know?

It's fine if the thorns potion is removed from crimson worlds, heartreach potions aren't craftable in corruption worlds anyway...

Nice sprites and suggestion!
But I have two points I'd like to address:

-In the new recipes you suggested, the two ingredients numbers share some common factors, which means that for the repulsive arrows, a ×10 arrows and ×1 bloodied fang recipe is the same as what you've suggested (unholy arrows too, ×25 arrows & ×2 worm tooth is the same), I see why you wanted a recipe that produce a more bulk amount, but some players might find it annoying that they'll have to make more than they need when the recipe could've been reduced, and it's not like crafting takes a long time.

-I think you made blood crawlers drop too much fangs, you did make the repulsive arrows recipe require more than unholy arrows, but since blood crawlers are much easier and more common than devourers, I think they should drop less or less frequently. It's also to reduce inventory clutter

Nice sprites and suggestion!
But I have two points I'd like to address:

-In the new recipes you suggested, the two ingredients numbers share some common factors, which means that for the repulsive arrows, a ×10 arrows and ×1 bloodied fang recipe is the same as what you've suggested (unholy arrows too, ×25 arrows & ×2 worm tooth is the same), I see why you wanted a recipe that produce a more bulk amount, but some players might find it annoying that they'll have to make more than they need when the recipe could've been reduced, and it's not like crafting takes a long time.

-I think you made blood crawlers drop too much fangs, you did make the repulsive arrows recipe require more than unholy arrows, but since blood crawlers are much easier and more common than devourers, I think they should drop less or less frequently. It's also to reduce inventory clutter
Well I'm effectively changing both recipes so you get more bang for your buck whilst also increasing how many arrows you can craft per recipe. I'd say its pretty fair seeing as how Devourers have an 100% chance to drop 3-8 even if they are uncommon creatures.
About the Blood Crawlers, yeah I see that, I was thinking they were a bit too common for something like that. I reduced it to 1-3 with a 40% chance to drop since they are much more common.

Back
Top Bottom