Blocks & Decoration [REQ] Echo Wall

I admit, I've been thinking about this more, and honestly would *love* to use Echo Walls (along with Echo Bricks) to make an 'outdoor house'. Park bench, picnic table, and your Dryad NPC can now (seemingly) live in a park rather than indoors!
It would also be great for areas where the background looks amazing (like under the ocean or the corruption/crimson) and you want to take advantage of that in a build without having to deal with spawns.
Or use it in place of glass to allow an 'open air' garden in the middle of your base without having to worry about creatures spawning among the plants (unless it wouldn't be considered 'transparent' like glass...)

I want to bump this suggestion. There are numerous decorations that require a wall, that frankly *shouldn't* imo... but at least if we had an Echo Wall we could work around it. I was building a pirate ship with my friends today and we realized we couldn't add the ship's wheel *or* the anchor without having a wall behind them. Echo Wall is a must!

Plus I really need to give some love to the outdoor Dryad house idea. I want that more than I ever thought I would.

I want to bump this suggestion. There are numerous decorations that require a wall, that frankly *shouldn't* imo... but at least if we had an Echo Wall we could work around it. I was building a pirate ship with my friends today and we realized we couldn't add the ship's wheel *or* the anchor without having a wall behind them. Echo Wall is a must!

I admit, the original reason I wanted this was because I wanted to make a 'Lifeguard Hut' with the life preserver seemingly dangling underneath it, so I had the exact same thought (just with a different object). :D The other stuff came from thinking about it and/or talking with others.

Quick and simple: we have blocks that can be used to make placed objects float. Could we also have walls that can make pictures/trophies/other placed items float? And make secret messages that you *can't* bump into by mistake?
I would love this, and I would also love echo platforms for more variety, like have a house in a graveyard with no door

Oooo. Plus, can you imagine invisible platforms in a challenge/quest map?
yes, wish there were more stuff with echo block, what would be cool is echo crafting stations so people can craft stuff at places with whatever they need in adventure maps, also echo furniture for npc housing without visible furniture/

I mean a lot of the furniture pieces are probably going to end up being added in by some modder or another, but the Echo Wall [and maybe even Echo Platforms] feel like really egregious omissions. Just like how Asphalt is missing a Platform, which still bothers me. Virtually every Block has a corresponding Wall and Platform, so why not these?

The invisible 'Echo Furniture' feels a step too far for me (I mean the concept is cool for invisible houses, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel it's as big a loss even remotely; I would like having it around but its loss doesn't feel as important as the walls).
The wall feels like a big deal, with how much can be done with it. And now that it's been mentioned (and I have no clue why I didn't think about it), the platform would be less important than the walls to me, but still massively neat to have around for a lot of things.

(P.S.: thanks for whoever moved this; I couldn't find it when I went looking before and very much appreciate it being in the proper forum!)

Taking the 'I HAD A THOUGHT!' again, though this time about the 'echo platforms': I've been looking at some builds, and realized that there's a lot of fancy builds that would do *amazingly* well with having invisible platforms to stand on, because the stairs are essentially made with 90% walls and actuated bricks. Echo platforms would open up builds a lot, since you'd still be able to walk/step on them, while not needing to worry about how the platforms look in regards to the background.

Plus, you could use hammered platforms as a stair 'slope' and be able to run up stairs that you'd normally have to jump up.

Back
Top Bottom