tModLoader Research from 1.4 in Terraria 1.3.5

If you research something you can get infinite of that item, why would you want the leftovers when you can just get a full stack of it anyway?
I tried to research 3 different things, and since the leftover stayed there, I couldn't place another thing until I grabbed it from there, put it in the trash, then grab the new one. 1.4 we just keep bashing them in ASAP without having to stop. That's what I meant by them just moving the leftover to the inventory back, and I always had more than 10 slots open in case that was the case.

hey just wondering, in the previous patch there was a glitch where sometimes when i left the game or configured the mod it would delete most of my researched items, i reset the config back to normal but the glitch kept on happening, do you know if it has been fixed? Thanks

JPAN Thank you for your awesome mod!! One question: Was it intentional that armors require 25 for their researched to be unlocked unlike Vanilla Terraria which requires only one?Or maybe that is something on my end.

Edit: Please disregard what I wrote. It was one of the mods call Super Stack that was causing the issue.

Last edited:
Is it normal that we still cant research all the items in 1.4.3, Still some items 'Unresearchable', it is me or it will be fixed? Thank you anyway, awesome mod so far.

EDIT : Some times when i enter friend's game i can research all items, but sometimes i cant. ???

Last edited:
Is it normal that we still cant research all the items in 1.4.3, Still some items 'Unresearchable', it is me or it will be fixed? Thank you anyway, awesome mod so far.

EDIT : Some times when i enter friend's game i can research all items, but sometimes i cant. ???
This is what is happening to me sometimes I can research all items sometimes I can't. However I do suspect the spirit mod to be the culprit because every time I can't research all items its because of and item in spirit mod. So every item that has a higher item id (Or whatever it is) then the item that causes the halt, can't be researched. If I disable spirit mod all other mods seem to work just fine.

Also if you re-enable spirit mod (after disabling it and reloading) it seems like that item that halted the research is removed from the game, as I can't find the item that caused the issue in the recipe browser (although I can still find the item listed in the item checklist mod). Furthermore when that item that caused the issue before is "removed" then it will either let all other items in your game be reseachable or the item that causes the halt in research will just change to a different spirit mod item. I haven't done extensive testing on this, this is just stuff that I have observed

Edit: Also seems like items from mod of redemption can cause this to happen and also from further testing it seems like you have to completely close the game instead of disabling and re-enabling the mod.

Also Edit: I saw this in the tmodloader cmd thing that pops up where it says the "candy" item from spirit mod (Which is the item that most commonly seems to halt research) has caused an exception. There are two pictures because the top one is what the cmd thing says when the item halts the research while the bottom one is what it says when all items are researchable. So just to be clear when I loaded the world and I was unable to research anything past the candy item the top picture is showed up in the cmd. And when I loaded into my world and was able to research everything before and after the candy item then the text in the bottom image showed up. I should note that the candy item is also unresearchable when the top text shows up

I have no experience in creating mods for Terraria so I'm not sure if these images help but hopefully they do, and can aid the mod author in fixing the issue

Item'sNotResearchable.PNG

ItemsResearchable.PNG

Last edited:
I haven't posted all week because work has been hectic lately, and the changes are mostly adding modded stuff to the native exception list. Only major change is that the Research Table builder now has capability to ignore items that give Null Pointer Exception (Or any other exception) on SetDefaults (above bug fixed), and will not overwrite items that already have a value if the item's SetDefaults would change its type (such as the Key Molds pointing at the keys)

When I play the research menu and my inventory overlap. It makes it difficult to research anything. My UI and Zoom are at 100%.
jp1z.png

Is there any way to move the research menu down? Thanks!
Edit: Fixed a typo

Last edited:
ive been playing with this mod, and loving it so far, but one thing i've found is kinda annoying, with the whole feature for adding if learn some kind of crafting table/furnace/etc. u can craft anything with that, ive noticed that it doesnt work with demon altar equivalents. i have some mods active that add in a custom item or change the crystal ball to be a demon altar, but they dont work with it, i still cant get anything from in there that needs crafting with demon altar. If possible could u fix

When I play the research menu and my inventory overlap. It makes it difficult to research anything. My UI and Zoom are at 100%.
jp1z.png

Is there any way to move the research many down? Thanks!
Grab the window by the border (within 10 pixels of the white border) to drag the window, and grab the rounded bottom-right corner to resize the window.
is it only me that cant scroll through the research windows to see everything i have
There seems to be a reported problem with Portable Storage not allowing scroll on this window. Check if you have that mod enabled. If not, report back with a list of mods so I can track it down.
ive been playing with this mod, and loving it so far, but one thing i've found is kinda annoying, with the whole feature for adding if learn some kind of crafting table/furnace/etc. u can craft anything with that, ive noticed that it doesnt work with demon altar equivalents. i have some mods active that add in a custom item or change the crystal ball to be a demon altar, but they dont work with it, i still cant get anything from in there that needs crafting with demon altar. If possible could u fix
I've been using modded altars with no issue. I've used Luiafk's altar and AlchemistsNPC altar, and even the Crucible of the Cosmos from Fargo's Mods, They all work. It's possible the Crystal Ball not working is based on the method used to search TileAlternates, which require a modded item, not a vanilla one. I'll check back when I've found an alternative.

Also v 1.5 is now On-line. This version adds a couple new items to the exceptions, but what makes it a full version is that it adds two new features:
- A Config option (false by default) that allows Shift-clicks to automatically research if you don't have the item yet.
- The Re-list Task now restarts whenever a change is made in the ui, instead of waiting to finish the last one before checking for changes and trying again. This means much faster loading times when serching from the All category from an empty search box, and typing now affects real-time what the list is showing.

Grab the window by the border (within 10 pixels of the white border) to drag the window, and grab the rounded bottom-right corner to resize the window.

There seems to be a reported problem with Portable Storage not allowing scroll on this window. Check if you have that mod enabled. If not, report back with a list of mods so I can track it down.

I've been using modded altars with no issue. I've used Luiafk's altar and AlchemistsNPC altar, and even the Crucible of the Cosmos from Fargo's Mods, They all work. It's possible the Crystal Ball not working is based on the method used to search TileAlternates, which require a modded item, not a vanilla one. I'll check back when I've found an alternative.

Also v 1.5 is now On-line. This version adds a couple new items to the exceptions, but what makes it a full version is that it adds two new features:
- A Config option (false by default) that allows Shift-clicks to automatically research if you don't have the item yet.
- The Re-list Task now restarts whenever a change is made in the ui, instead of waiting to finish the last one before checking for changes and trying again. This means much faster loading times when serching from the All category from an empty search box, and typing now affects real-time what the list is showing.

it wasnt working at first, but now it suddenly was working, i dont know what was different, but im not an expert or anything,*shrug*

it wasnt working at first, but now it suddenly was working, i dont know what was different, but im not an expert or anything,*shrug*
I fixed the bug that made Crystal Balls, and other GlobalTile-induced TileAdj not use tile adjacencies. Also rewrote the code to keep a cache of Tiles available, which allow for faster research and a new feature, Crafting using the tiles Researched without placing them in the world (IE: Crafting an ankh charm when you have researched the Tinkerer's workbench but have none of them around you).

V 1.6 Changlog
-
Added option to Craft any item if you have the materials in your inventory and the required tile item researched (off by default);
- Made recipe research go much faster with pre-cached tiles, and will now include cases that were not covered before, such as alchemy table counting as a bottle.
- Added some more Multithreaded operations to increase load time of lists (like 6700 items researched in 8 seconds in my test run).

The items in the research window aren't appearing at all, except for sometimes, when I can force them to appear by rapidly toggling the tooltip search function. I don't understand.

Incredibly annoyingly, when it does work, it just breaks again every time I do research.

Last edited:
The items in the research window aren't appearing at all, except for sometimes, when I can force them to appear by rapidly toggling the tooltip search function. I don't understand.

Incredibly annoyingly, when it does work, it just breaks again every time I do research.
There was a problem where changing the list when it was too small (like 1/2 items) would not remove the "Loading" screen until you reopened the UI.
I dunno if it was what's affecting you, but fixed it either way. Try again now.

V 1.6.1 Changelog
Fixed infinite "Loading..." in some cases with too small lists or lists before a certain boolean was initialized.

I have been looking for a mod somewhat like this, able to duplicate items for a cost, than with mods like cheat sheet and others like that

Edit: After testing around it works fine for me but a few odd things for me, i dont know if its conflict with another mod like a max stack mod or what, but two things:

when i research one thing like an ore for an example, it also researches the bar that ore made, and walls of that ore, and it goes deeper than that

And two, is when i use any item, place down a block, or use ammo, it does not go down a number, meaning you have an infinite of that item

Last edited:
Thank you for this mod, helps bridge the gap between 1.4 and 1.3.5.
I have encountered a small issue where ammo counts are still dropping despite being researched and having the option enabled in the config.
Any help or advice is appreciated.

I have been looking for a mod somewhat like this, able to duplicate items for a cost, than with mods like cheat sheet and others like that

Edit: After testing around it works fine for me but a few odd things for me, i dont know if its conflict with another mod like a max stack mod or what, but two things:

when i research one thing like an ore for an example, it also researches the bar that ore made, and walls of that ore, and it goes deeper than that

And two, is when i use any item, place down a block, or use ammo, it does not go down a number, meaning you have an infinite of that item
All of those things are intended features of the mod. Once you research something you have infinite of that item, thus technically allowing you to make infinite of anything that requires that item (assuming you have also researched all of the new item's components), so JPAN intentionally allowed you to just automatically research all of the resulting crafted items. Speeds up researching by not requiring you to research redundant items, which personally I believe is something vanilla journey mode is lacking. Also for consumable items, again once you research it you can make infinite of that item, so JPAN just lets you not consume any researched consumable. That way you don't have to keep going into the research window to pull out extra stacks, when they are all free anyway. Again something vanilla journey mode desperately needs.

I believe both of these features can be toggled on/off in the config menu, if you don't like them.

There was a problem where changing the list when it was too small (like 1/2 items) would not remove the "Loading" screen until you reopened the UI.
I dunno if it was what's affecting you, but fixed it either way. Try again now.

Didn't help. The screen flashes "Loading..." whenever I apply a filter, perform a search, etc - but no items appear in the UI.

I can input items and perform research, and the benefits of research such as infinite ammo and infinite of a block apply just fine. However, the UI remains empty. Screenshot attached for specificity.

Edit: I found out what was causing the issue. It seems to stem from an incompatibility with the Randomizer Mod. That's weird.

Attachments

• nothin.png
    nothin.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom