tModLoader Research from 1.4 in Terraria 1.3.5

umm my keyboard doesnt have a add key and i dont know how to change the keybind can someone help me
Sure! If you are on the main menu, go to settings --> controls --> keybindings. If in game, simply go to settings --> controls. Then, click on the button that says "ResearchFrom14: Open or Close ResearchUI" and press the key/mouse button you want to use. By the way, the "add" key is the plus sign on your number pad.

- Fixed infinite ammo not respecting the right config option.
Thank you for your timely fix. Great mod btw, absolutely loving all the little things that i feel make it a bit better than the somewhat bare-bones 1.4 journey mode implementation. And even though i personally don't use the options like infinite ammo i still like that you have them as Options rather than forced one or the other.

Hello. I'm having an issue where when I right click an item in the research menu, my game crashes to desktop. Is there an incompatibility that I missed somewhere? Or perhaps just a bug.

The inf item option doesn't seem to work with Overhaul mod. I can see why this is since overhaul changes so much.

Only thing I would like changed(aka added) would be a scroll bar for the research GUI as I legit can't scroll cause of my dumb mouse wheel being broken plus it would be nice to have in general

Is there a hotkey to quick research? If not, it might be a good idea to make one. What I'm saying is for example: CTRL+Click to just research it, without needing to click the research button

Is there a hotkey to quick research? If not, it might be a good idea to make one. What I'm saying is for example: CTRL+Click to just research it, without needing to click the research button
From post#71
- A Config option (false by default) that allows Shift-clicks to automatically research if you don't have the item yet

I can't seem to get this mod to work. I started a new save with only this mod enabled to make sure it wasn't conflicting with anything; however, when I open my inventory and press the hotkey ( tried reassigning it to make sure nothing else used that hotkey ) nothing happens.
I saw someone else have the exact same problem, and I read the reply and did everything it told and it still isn’t working

A problem I've ran into is that the exception list does nothing. I tried setting teleporters to 100, but when I hover over it in recipe browser, it still says 1. I haven't researched teleporters yet.

A configuration option where res sharing books work when you leave the world. I'm doing a mod of redemption play through with this and something broke my character and I can't give the new one my researched items because it isn't learning. I'd appreciate any way to save res sharing after leaving a world.

Great mod, I have heard from a few people (and myself) would like the UI changed, but don't rush it though and take your time. Otherwise cool mod.

A configuration option where res sharing books work when you leave the world. I'm doing a mod of redemption play through with this and something broke my character and I can't give the new one my researched items because it isn't learning. I'd appreciate any way to save res sharing after leaving a world.
Try using the split screen mod (or the alternative he suggests)
Load up both characters and give a new research book to your new character.
At the moment research books can only retain knowledge for the session they were created in. I assume this would be tough to fix, so hope this method helps.

Is it possible to turn off spelunky effect glow for researched items? (or to just make everything non-researched glow instead) would be awesome

Last edited:
> By default, this will also unlock all items you can craft with that item

How do I do "recalculate" when I install new mods and all their item prerequisites are already researched (but not the resulting item now) ?

I can't get custom exceptions to work. How am I suppose to do this? I enter a modded item's name in the key field, and the amount in the value, but it has no effect.
Screenshot_82.png

Screenshot_81.png

Back
Top Bottom