Reset Achievements

AlphaRage

Steampunker
Is there any way to reset the achievements ingame?
I know I could reset them in Steam using SAM but I do not really want to use that tool.

I been doing research on this for some time and i had a theory that the in-game achievements might be found in

C:\Users\"your Computer Name"\AppData\Roaming

In the Steam Folder. Search there and tell me what you find.

Steam is actually under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

Terraria's players and worlds are under: C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Terraria

(This is on Windows of course. I use Windows 10, so I'm not sure if its different on other Windows versions)

I need to reset my achievements to, so I had a theory. I looked in my installation folder for steam, and went to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\WhateverOneHasMoreFoldersWithNumberedNames\105600\remote". I saw a data (.dat) file here called "achievements-steam.dat".
Sadly, removing this has no effect in-game or in steam. The file just replaces its self.
So someone, Please find a solution! Thank you.

I need to reset my achievements to, so I had a theory. I looked in my installation folder for steam, and went to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\WhateverOneHasMoreFoldersWithNumberedNames\105600\remote". I saw a data (.dat) file here called "achievements-steam.dat".
Sadly, removing this has no effect in-game or in steam. The file just replaces its self.

What if you turn cloud off and then delete the file?
EDIT: IT WORKS!!!!

Last edited:
So does this get rid of your content for any games?! just dont want to do this if it is unsafe :D EDIT: OMG IT REALLY WORKED!!!!!! just turn off steam cloud then delete the the file said above.I need to get used to being surprised by Terraria :p

Last edited:
i have a nonsteam version,
may u show the pathway to the achievements please?
the reason is obvious..
started new survival yada yada yada....
The only valid non-Steam version for PC is the one from GOG. If your version comes from 'elsewhere' (pirated/cracked), then we are not going to help you here, and please don't discuss it further. Thanks.

=====

Steam achievements have meaning within Steam itself - you can earn Steam badges for having perfect games (all achievements), for instance. So Steam takes steps to curb people from 'hacking' their achievement system. This is why it is difficult/impossible to reset achievements for most Steam games. You can only earn a particular achievement once, in Steam's view of the world. Re-Logic has to honor that policy when using Steam to distribute their game.

When the GOG version of Terraria came out, naturally players wanted the same achievements. So it was implemented as a simple file in the installation folder. There's no visible public record of achievements in GOG that I'm aware of, so it doesn't really matter if you reset the achievements (or give yourself all of them by editing the file).

Maybe there are ways around Steam's policies of not messing with their achievements, but that's something we don't advise people to do and you are assuming all the risk of doing that. If Steam notices you doing that, maybe they will take steps to stop you - perhaps even deactivate your account or place a VAC ban on it.

I did this and went to the remote file. There wasn't anything inside it.

Back
Top Bottom