PC Resolution and lag issues

Harathall

Golem
Hello,

I've noticed, since the update, that I've been getting noticable lag, running at my screen's native resolution of 3840 x 2160. I've got an NVidia Geforce 960 GTX, but am only getting 28fps, standing on my spawn, with a modestly large, but mostly empty building and a few NPCs around.

Input lag is sometimes as low as about .3 of a second, making playing rather awkward to do anything, particularly fight any bosses.

Running the game in 1080p, fullscreen, solves this issue.

However, I have multiple monitors, both others running at 1080p natively, and I like to watch videos on one of them, while playing. Unfortunately, playing in fullscreen at 1080p rescales all monitors, and I can't keep the video visible.

Running in windowed mode makes the game too small to see anything properly on my 4k monitor, so isn't really an option.

I'm aware of programs like ShiftWindow, which use scaling to make a windowed game appear fullscreen, which would be great, except that Terraria forgets my settings each time I exit, and, upon launching, starts at 3840x2160 again, in fullscreen.

On top of this, clicking through the resolution options to get to the one I want (particularly from in-game, where it changes straight away with each click) is incredibly frustrating, when I know exactly which option I want, especially if I have to do it each time I open the game.

tl:dr: It's laging at my native 4k resolution, making it nearly unplayable, sometimes. The resolution options are limited, especially with my multi monitor setup, and don't stick.

Does anyone have any solution to this? I really love the game, and want to kep playing, but this is becoming quite frustrating!

Ed

Back
Top Bottom