Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Every time I open and close Terraria, the resolution resets, and it's annoying to have to manually reset it every time. Is there any way to fix this?

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not help.

Interestingly, my minimap borders don't get reset.

Are you using the Borderless window option?
If so, disable it, or it will always use fullscreen resolution when opening the game.

Are you using the Borderless window option?
If so, disable it, or it will always use fullscreen resolution when opening the game.
Screenshot_15.png

Right click the file and go to the 'Properties' tab, then check 'Read-only' in Attributes. You might want to set your desired resolution in the file first, in the "DisplayWidth" and "DisplayHeight" lines.
If it works, you'll have to un-check the 'Read-only' whenever you want to change options.
Out of curiosity, do you have any Cloud syncing enabled? I think that caused some problems, but I'm not sure if it can affect resolution options.

Right click the file and go to the 'Properties' tab, then check 'Read-only' in Attributes. You might want to set your desired resolution in the file first, in the "DisplayWidth" and "DisplayHeight" lines.
If it works, you'll have to un-check the 'Read-only' whenever you want to change options.
Out of curiosity, do you have any Cloud syncing enabled? I think that caused some problems, but I'm not sure if it can affect resolution options.
I can't find the file you want me to find, but yes, I have cloud syncing enabled.

I tried disabling Cloud saving, but it didn't fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom