[Resolved] NPC House Lighting Query

TheGamerMan757

Steampunker
So, with the wonderful wiring update out there's plenty you can do with it. One of the things is the day and night sensors. An application I an planning to use them with is to turn off lights during the day. Naturally, with this contraption the lights would turn on come dusk (7:30 in-game time).

The question is, if I wire up ALL of the lights to the simple circuit, will NPCs reassign houses if there aren't any lights when it's still day? It'd be useful to have all lights off in the daytime, but will the NPCs stay living in the same house? When do they evaluate the house? It'd make sense that they wouldn't check the criteria until they actually need to be in the house. Anybody know about this function?

It shouldn't make a difference. Generally, the housing validation checks for the presence of a valid light source by tile ID, and doesn't care whether the light is on or off (same tile ID, just different frame offsets).

It shouldn't make a difference. Generally, the housing validation checks for the presence of a valid light source by tile ID, and doesn't care whether the light is on or off (same tile ID, just different frame offsets).
Wait, really? I honestly thought it checked for the presence of actual light, but I guess checking for an actual light source would be simpler and more flexible (hence the disco ball, and some other items not being valid)

Thanks! You learn something every day!

Back
Top Bottom