(Resolved) Two of My NPC's Wont Respawn

star_wolf

Terrarian
After my Demolitionist and Dye Trader hilariously died to a master mode pillar event, they now won't come back. I have over 1k hours in the game and i've never seen this happen before. I have like 6 valid houses, 4 at spawn and 2 in the desert (where they were living). I have slept in my bed for literally weeks (real life HOURS) and they have not come back. Other NPC's will respawn immediately (ive killed Wall of Flesh and Skeletron multiple times, farming the trophies). There has been no events for DAYS, no corruption near, many valid housings, and they still wont come home :( I have all other NPC's and even got Santa to spawn in one of their homes. Does anybody have any idea what is going on here??

I attached a picture of where they were living, I moved the Tavern Keep in so I could still use the Pylon.

Edit (Resolved): from the wiki, If it has an inventory requirement to spawn (Merchant, Demolitionist, Arms Dealer, Dye Trader) they need to have the requirement met again to respawn. How did i miss this and how have i never had this problem before

Attachments

• 20200609123253_1.jpg
    20200609123253_1.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Isn't it because you don't have explosives or dyes ingredients in your inventory ?

ok they both showed up after putting the dye and bombs back in my inventory. which makes no sense since ive traded with them many times. thank you

Last edited:
ok they both showed up after putting the dye and bombs back in my inventory. which makes no sense since ive traded with them many times. thank you
Merchant, nurse, demolitionist, dye trader, painter, Arms Dealer and Party Girl all need to be reobtained again after being killed by fulfilling their requirement (others are unlocked permanently since you can't undo the fact that you beat a boss or you freed an NPCs, other than with a world editor, but if you do so, the NPCs won't spawn again before you free them or beat the boss again)

This happened with me too, and it took me a while to figure out that the lack of special items might be the cause.
This is just sooo odd it happens, because as far as I remember, it wasn't like this before.
Was it always like this? Or if it got changed, why is that?

Like, I guess it's true with some, like arms dealer, that if you don't have guns in inventory, you most likely not need him that much to be present, but this is true only regarding his normal wares maybe, you still might need him for a pylon to function, etc.
I had to put that musket back in inventory just that he would respawn, and then I put the musket back in the chest. good thing I kept it, even though I didn't used it with my mage character.

This is not a big annoyance (except, if you would just sell items you don't actually use, in which case getting a gun out of nowhere might be not that easy...) but I'm not quite sure why they wouldn't just normally respawn?

This happened with me too, and it took me a while to figure out that the lack of special items might be the cause.
This is just sooo odd it happens, because as far as I remember, it wasn't like this before.
Was it always like this? Or if it got changed, why is that?

Like, I guess it's true with some, like arms dealer, that if you don't have guns in inventory, you most likely not need him that much to be present, but this is true only regarding his normal wares maybe, you still might need him for a pylon to function, etc.
I had to put that musket back in inventory just that he would respawn, and then I put the musket back in the chest. good thing I kept it, even though I didn't used it with my mage character.

This is not a big annoyance (except, if you would just sell items you don't actually use, in which case getting a gun out of nowhere might be not that easy...) but I'm not quite sure why they wouldn't just normally respawn?
I think it's understandable once you see a save with a world editor, you can see which bosses have been killed and which NPCs have been saved, but nothing else (about NPCs spawn), the NPCs spawn conditions are based on this and the inventory (life for the nurse)

I think it's understandable once you see a save with a world editor, you can see which bosses have been killed and which NPCs have been saved, but nothing else (about NPCs spawn), the NPCs spawn conditions are based on this and the inventory (life for the nurse)
Maybe I remember wrong, but I think that before, NPCs who moved in once, respawned if got killed, even if their condition wasn't met the next time. Or was it always like this?

Back
Top Bottom