Resource Pack Disabling Issue

GasmisenFeik 🌳

The Destroyer
Is there any reason for disabling every resource pack you have enabled automatically disabling after each update? I fail to see why there would be a need to do so since the system that's already in place is so outdated and un-user friendly in the first place. I'm getting honestly tired of having to re-enable each and every pack I have had enabled before an update, and then having to have a video of my list and copious amounts of images of updates on hand and go back and forth between the game and said content to get Terraria back to looking how I want it.

If any Devs have an explanation as to why the system is built like this and hasn't been updated since the Workshop has been launched I would really like to hear it.
I've posted this on the Workshop discussion page and got very little interaction after a couple to few days since it was posted. I've seen and searched for other people that have this same issue and found a couple (including my fiancé who suggested I port this over to the Forums) guys saying the same thing.

It's been a bit over a year since I made this post and I got no answer, nor on the Discussion page in Steam. I'm really asking why this system is in place and hasn't been updated, ESPECIALLY since the Workshop support. If you allow a system to be able to easily and quickly download mods/resource packs/etc. etc. And yet you still have a system where it doesn't remember the choices you've made on your resource pack list and keeps them enabled, then what's the point? If I have to go through my list of 190+ packs that either re-haul the entire game or changes one or three things at maximum; then I'm honestly wondering why I have to go through the slog of having a literal video on hand showcasing my list and then having to go through the bore of re-enabling all of them again. Wasting, like, 30 minutes to an hour NOT playing the game, it's ridiculous!
Edit: It's going to be my birthday in about 3 hours and 30-ish minutes, and I certainly wouldn't like to go through a headache like this on a day when I finally get the chance to relax and not worry about life

Back
Top Bottom