tModLoader Resurgence Mod

R8DIO

Terrarian
~Welcome to the Official Resurgence Mod thread!~
New Piskel-1.png (17).png

Hey Guys, I apologize for the current lack of screenshots, there is some IRL stuff going on right now so I won't able to actually develop the mod for a few days. Once everything is all cleared up this message will be removed and you'll start seeing some in-game screenshots!
EXPECT SPOILERS VERY SOON!!!

The Resurgence Mod is a medium content mod, the mod will add multiple bosses, NPC'S and have an OST thanks to a close friend of mine! The Mod is in a VERY early stage of development and I'm trying as hard as I can (along with my team) to have v0.3 out by September, but I honestly can't make any promises. However, you'll still be able to keep up with development here, I will update the forums with weapon sets, small spoilers, and more! So stay tuned and wish me luck!

Anyway, let's get into the important stuff, shall we? The cool stuff the mod is gonna add!!

So far the first boss we are currently working on is the Hellrazor Slime, He has quite a few unique mechanics that make him stick out from his slimy brethren.
HellSlime.gif

As a late Pre-Hardmode Boss, he's fought right before the Wall of Flesh himself, the boss will be able to harden and become impervious to damage, at which point he will summon minions, this will happen once at 50% health on Normal Mode, and twice on Expert Mode at 75% and 25% health. The boss also has a Ground Pound attack and is capable of shooting projectiles, so when you fight him, try to keep your distance! Most of his drops will be based around Melee and Summoner Weps, as in my opinion, those classes have the two most difficult transitions into Hardmode. This boss will be summoned in Hell and is a bit of a difficulty spike for late Pre-HM but his drops will definitely compensate!

Our second Boss is Vega, a Post Moonlord Boss,
Vega Sprite-1.png.png

He has some mild bullet hell mechanics and will attack by shooting projectiles from its eye, and also by raining down Fallen Stars and meteors in Expert Mode, Vega is a fallen deity of the stars, it's current goal is to absorb the corruption and crimson to destroy the Hallow and make desolate wasteland only IT can live in. Also neat tidbit, its color scheme changes depending on what world evil you have! Most of its drops will be Magic Weps, but don't worry he's got plenty of drops for all classes!

There is also one CURRENTLY planned NPC, there will almost definitely be more in the future
Meet the Outlaw, you can find him camping in the underground desert after any Boss has been defeated.

Outaw Resprite-1.png.png

He will sell Cowboy-Themed equipment, including a Vulture Feather used to summon a Pet Vulture, and the Flintknock, a handgun with recoil so powerful that it sends you in the opposite direction you shot it in, so it can be used for mobility, among more!

The Mod will also have various re-sprites, new recipes, and some QoL features to make the vanilla content feel a bit more polished

A few crafting recipes are listed here:

-Hooks are now craftable with any two Iron Bars
-The Rod of Discord is now Craftable with 5 of each Mech Boss Soul
-The Cloud in a Bottle is now Craftable with a Bottle and 100 Cloud Blocks
-The Fire Gauntlet is now craftable with 10 of any Iron bars and 5 Hellstone Bars
-Hermes Boots are now craftable with the Magical Boot, 10 Feathers, and 15 Cloud Blocks
-The Familiar Shirt and Pants can now be crafted using 15 and 10 Leather respectively
-The Shiny Red Balloon can be crafted with 5 Leather and 10 Cloud Blocks

A few other changes to Vanilla to give items more purpose or feel more streamlined:

-Cactus Armor Set Bonus now grants a thorns effect
-Obsidian Swordfish now is way easier to find and has had a slight damage boost
-Palm Wood Armor Set Bonus now summons a small crab minion to protect you AND grants a Minion Slot
-Nights Edge and Blood Bucherer now inflict enemies with the Bleeding Debuff
- Terrablade has gotten a DPS buff
-Asphalt Platforms for arenas are now craftable
-And many more small changes

A few enemies and bosses and items that I don't like the aesthetic of will be getting some re-sprites an example is the King Slime shown below:

image-1.png (9).png

The secondary goal of the mod is to make the Vanilla game more enjoyable, with small tweaks, rebalances, and changes to help fix some of the issues with Terraria that the community may have!

New Event, Boss Rush!

Resurgence is actually going to have a boss rush that's fought after Vega, bosses will be fought two at a time in predetermined "Sync Pairs". These pairs will spawn in a random order for 5 waves pre Moonlord, and 10 waves Post Moonlord, the boss rush will have compatibility with the Ultrainium Mod, so all 6 of the current bosses from that mod will have sync pairs IF you have both mods downloaded.

Current Sync Pairs:

The Twins, and Queen Bee
Planterra and Skeletron
King Slime and The Destroyer
Golem and EoC
Vega and Hellrazor Slime
Skeletron Prime and Lunatic Cultist
EoW and BoC
Wall of Flesh and Duke Fishron
Moonlord (solo)

Ultrainium Support:
Hades and Ultrum
Zephyr Squid and Dread
Erebus and Xenanis

Weapons! Theres gonna be quite the stack of sprites here so, check back here regularly for new ones!

1598558254323.png
Sprite-0003 (1).gif
Sprite-0002 (1).gif
New Spell Tombs-1.png (3).png
FireShot.png
FireSummon.png
FireSword.png
FireThrow.png
Radio_Blaster-1.png_2.png
Sprite-0006.gif
Sprite-0005.gif

Hyper Plasma Weapon Set Sprites clone-1.png (2).png

We are currently looking for a few new spriters, if you wanna help out don't hesitate to DM me!

Fellas look, I've tried to make a mod multiple times in the past, but both of the mods failed for one key reason: Lack of Focus. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, didn't know how to program or hell, I couldn't even make sprites at the time. However now, I feel like I've learned so much about Pixel Art and Spriting, and will be the one programming the mod, despite being a novice, I have a focused vision of what I want the mod to play like, and feel like now, I have a bit more confidence in what I'm doing and in myself and my relatively small team of four people. I think we can actually do it this time, and I'm really excited to pump out my dream mod!!

Attachments

• Sprite Dump-1.png.png
    Sprite Dump-1.png.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 294
  • New Piskel-1.png (19).png
    New Piskel-1.png (19).png
    1.8 KB · Views: 221
  • image-1.png (20).png
    image-1.png (20).png
    2.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 1598558512317.png
    1598558512317.png
    956 bytes · Views: 87
Last edited:
If anyone has any questions or comments about the mod whether that be about content, concerns, or suggestions, , or is willing to help out with sprites and such PM me and we'll talk!

Looks pretty neat even with a few images, but I really like the look of that Hellrazor Slime!
Thanks, man, means a lot! A buddy of mine did that one he is an amazing spriter! I'll definitely be throwing a few more sprites up on here over the next few days!

Back
Top Bottom