Weapons & Equip Rethinking Hardmode Gun Progression - Ore-Tiered Guns

Gatligator and the UZI is in HM Jungle which you don't venture until you have the megashark when your guns only.
He was responding to someone who didn't know what a fun was called.

Given the information, it's either the Gatligator, Uzi, or Venus Magnum.

@Brutallama just made some sprites! I modified a few of them slightly, but it's mostly all him:
Palladium SMG.png
Orichalcum AR.png
Titanium MG.png

Cobalt Pistol.png
Mythril Revolver.png
Adamantite Rifle.png

Crafted guns feel intrinsically wrong, but I can't see any particular problem with this, as these are all functionally balanced.

The sprites are awesome. One thought I've had since I first commented on this thread ages ago- could the cobalt gun be renamed to "Cobalt Carbine" while retaining the same stats to give us alliteration?

Brutallama just finished the Vulcan's sprite:
Hallowed Vulcan.png

:happy:

One thought I've had since I first commented on this thread ages ago- could the cobalt gun be renamed to "Cobalt Carbine" while retaining the same stats to give us alliteration?
A Carbine is a short rifle, and there's no gun between "short rifle" and "rifle" that Mythril could occupy. :indifferent:

I noticed that you don't have actual recipes for the guns. Pardon if this sounds silly, but I think that it would be better if they were upgrades to Pre-HM weapons, in the same way that the Megashark is essentially a Hallowed tier Minishark. After all, as far as I know, the only guns are either drops, bought, or crafted from lower-tier guns. The problem that presents itself is that there isn't a large number of Pre-HM guns worthy of upgrading.

I noticed that you don't have actual recipes for the guns. Pardon if this sounds silly, but I think that it would be better if they were upgrades to Pre-HM weapons, in the same way that the Megashark is essentially a Hallowed tier Minishark. After all, as far as I know, the only guns are either drops, bought, or crafted from lower-tier guns. The problem that presents itself is that there isn't a large number of Pre-HM guns worthy of upgrading.

I'm pretty sure they're crafted from the same number of bars as the repeaters.

Back
Top Bottom