PS3 Retinazer won't stop disappearing (Don't know if bug or not)

Shpackle

Spazmatism
Hello. I've been having a problem with hard mode for a while now. Whenever I spawn the Twins with the mechanical eye it works perfectly fine. I can beat Spazmatism normally (although one time I remember him just flying up into the sky and ditched Retinazer to fight me o_O). Then I fight Retinazer, and all is good until he gets down to like 1/5 health and runs away. This has happened two times to me now and it is really making me mad (so mad it makes me want to throw my controller at the TV). I don't know if there is some kind of hidden timer when fighting this guy, but he just flies into the sky and the normal nighttime music plays. I am guilty of abusing the ability to press X and instantly respawn when you die so they don't despawn. I honestly don't know if this is

1. A mechanic (he always disappears 3/4 through the night, so I know that I have time left)
  2. Something I'm doing wrong (and I do not fly very high in the air, so when I respawn I'm still close enough to him so he doesn't despawn)
  3. A bug.
It is extremely frustrating, and I just want to beat this guy so I can move on (I don't like to beat all the bosses in a random order, I tend to do them in order from least difficult to most difficult).
This would be my first time ever beating the Twins alone because I just can't beat one on PC. Please help me!

Next time you fight the twins, put a clock down pefore you fight them, and when a boss dissaperes use the clock and check the time that they dissapeare.

Hello. I've been having a problem with hard mode for a while now. Whenever I spawn the Twins with the mechanical eye it works perfectly fine. I can beat Spazmatism normally (although one time I remember him just flying up into the sky and ditched Retinazer to fight me o_O). Then I fight Retinazer, and all is good until he gets down to like 1/5 health and runs away. This has happened two times to me now and it is really making me mad (so mad it makes me want to throw my controller at the TV). I don't know if there is some kind of hidden timer when fighting this guy, but he just flies into the sky and the normal nighttime music plays. I am guilty of abusing the ability to press X and instantly respawn when you die so they don't despawn. I honestly don't know if this is

1. A mechanic (he always disappears 3/4 through the night, so I know that I have time left)
  2. Something I'm doing wrong (and I do not fly very high in the air, so when I respawn I'm still close enough to him so he doesn't despawn)
  3. A bug.
It is extremely frustrating, and I just want to beat this guy so I can move on (I don't like to beat all the bosses in a random order, I tend to do them in order from least difficult to most difficult).
This would be my first time ever beating the Twins alone because I just can't beat one on PC. Please help me!
1. It's not a mechanic, he shouldn't disappear until 4:30 am when night officially ends. (unless that's the time when he's disappearing)
2. It could be that you're not always getting there fast enough to prevent him from despawning when you die, (he's supposed to anyway).
3. Not likely unless my above explanations are impossible. (If you manage to not die and he still despawns before 4:30 am then you probably have a bug).

Next time you fight the twins, put a clock down pefore you fight them, and when a boss dissaperes use the clock and check the time that they dissapeare.

1. It's not a mechanic, he shouldn't disappear until 4:30 am when night officially ends. (unless that's the time when he's disappearing)
2. It could be that you're not always getting there fast enough to prevent him from despawning when you die, (he's supposed to anyway).
3. Not likely unless my above explanations are impossible. (If you manage to not die and he still despawns before 4:30 am then you probably have a bug).
Alright Nardia, I'll try that :) And Nike Leon, he despawns before nights ends, around 3:00 am actually. I have been using a copper watch. I only fly up a little bit, so he can't despawn when I die (I mash X when I die).

If he's flying away right after you die and you think you've respawned fast enough - that may just be that you weren't fast enough. Even if you can still see him on the screen.

If he's flying away when you are still alive and your copper watch says it is 3:00 am or before I would be concerned about a bug. (Night time ends at 4:30 am, but your copper watch will only show the hour and not minutes, so if your copper watch displays 4:00 it could actually be 4:02am, 4:35am, 4:55am and thus it could be nighttime or officially daytime).

One thing to consider is to switch out your copper watch in your accessory slot for something better that might help you kill the twins faster. A ranger emblem if you're using a gun.

You didn't mention what weapons you were using - I realize your question was regarding Retinazer disappearing, but since there may be a chance he's doing it because day time has started maybe consider upgrading your weapons to kill the twins faster. Although, you might have the best load out you can right now, it's just a suggestion in case you had room to upgrade. :)

Oh yeah, good point. I was going to put what weapons and accessories I've been using but I forgot.

Weapons ~ Beam Sword, Crystal Storm
Accessories ~ Warrior Emblem, Cross Necklace, Angel Wings, Hermes Boots, CpprWatch
Armor ~ Hallowed Headgear (for crys. storm), Palladium Breastplate/Leggings

I should probably get a full set of armor, like the Orichalcum set for it's cool set bonus :p

I'm gonna try to make a gold watch so I can know the ACTUAL time he leaves. If you have any suggestions for what gear would be optimal, please tell. I also would hope to get some info on some gear that can help me regain mana faster, so I can fire more continuously with the Crys. Storm. Maybe a Golden Shower would help?

( I am still somewhat early hard-mode, I have beaten Destroyer, and have the Truffle NPC.)

Last edited:
If you like magic, I'd say yes go for the Orichalcum full seat with the headgear like up you were thinking. If you have access to crimson, get the Golden Shower as that will help decrease their defense.

Switch out accessories to include Sorcerer Emblem and Magic Cuffs. And I'd craft a Clock instead of using an accessory slot for a gold watch.

Alright Nardia, I'll try that :) And Nike Leon, he despawns before nights ends, around 3:00 am actually. I have been using a copper watch. I only fly up a little bit, so he can't despawn when I die (I mash X when I die).
Well you should try to add campfires, heart lanterns, and little bowls filled with two buckets of honey so that you can dip yourself in them to help boost your health regen, also iron skin potions, health regen potions, and anything that gives you the Well Fed buff will help you a lot. Unless you can manage to not die, it's kind of impossible to verify that that isn't the cause for its departure.

Back
Top Bottom