Blocks & Decoration Return of the old furnace and hellforge

Snickerbobble

The Painter
I sorta miss the old furnace textures, so I think there should be a way to obtain them, just like how we have the ancient armors.

oeNQHqz.png

Ancient furnace would occasionally be found within underground cabins, like other pieces of furniture. It is functionally identical to the furnace.

arHBlfJ.png

Ancient hellforge is crafted from ancient furnace and 10 hellstone at an anvil, and is used just the same as a hellforge. It could also appear rarely in place of normal hellforges. Ancient hellforge is craftable into a hardmode forge, cuz why not?

latest
Hellforge-tiles.png

You could then also craft a normal furnace with 10 hellstone into a hellforge. This would be helpful on active servers, as there may not be anymore hellforges to collect.

Oh wow, just looking at those old sprites brings back some amazing memories..

Last edited:
the old teexture is way better, way way way better. idk why they changed it :/
FULL SUPPORT, SUPPORT LEVEL 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

I've seen this one several times before, but I guess it can't be posted enough.
Personally I think the current furnace is one of the ugliest sprites in the game. I'd definitely like to see the old furnace return. :)
I've got no problem with the hellforge though. So a 50% support from me.

I've seen this one several times before, but I guess it can't be posted enough.
Personally I think the current furnace is one of the ugliest sprites in the game. I'd definitely like to see the old furnace return. :)
I've got no problem with the hellforge though. So a 50% support from me.
ikr its like poorly sprited :/

Oddly enough, I like the new furnace. Seeing those "caveman tech" furnaces in my high-tech base full of stuff felt really off.
It's logical that it's Cavemen-TechTM though, players are just starting out, scraping rocks together to create it. :p And the furnace changes into something high tech later on anyway. :)

I like both designs, but depending on the build you are going for, one may look better than the other. A modern building would probably have the new, or... as @Crimso mentioned, the old might be used if you're making a Pizzeria!

Yes, I miss the old textures. They're so much nicer.
Why has this not been suggested before?
I did awhile ago on TO.. just brought it here. I had the idea that old furnace was made of stone and new was made of bricks, but then it was pointed out you'd need to craft an old furnace first to make the new one, so I got rid of that part.

I liked the "bakery oven" look of the old furnaces. Yes to the idea of being able to obtain them, it's not like it would be the first thing the RNG can screw me over, anyways.
Someday... someday you and RNG will have to bury the hatchet for a few days, meet up at a psychologist and talk it out. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom