Blocks & Decoration Return of the old furnace and hellforge

I've seen this one several times before, but I guess it can't be posted enough.
Personally I think the current furnace is one of the ugliest sprites in the game. I'd definitely like to see the old furnace return. :)
I've got no problem with the hellforge though. So a 50% support from me.
thm_5206fe534d521.jpg
What about this?

thm_5206fe534d521.jpg
What about this?
Since I said "one of the ugliest sprites" I basically said there are other... less enticing sprites as well. The jellyfish jars for example. Hideous.
Anyway, the Cobalt Shield looks awesome now, so that sprite can be buried and forgotten.

:O I didn't know about the old version of the forge! It sort of makes a want a pizza oven in the game! I prefer the newer model but I'm okay with both being in the game.

Both variants have their charms and this isn't proposing to remove the current ones, just make the older ones an option for people who want to use them for build variety. I definitely support this, since I miss the old ones. One reason why I like the decorations mod in tAPI, since it includes the old furnaces, which are also slightly animated. :dryadsmile: But it'd be really nice to have them back in vanilla.

Being able to craft a hellforge at an anvil seems a bit overpowered. I'd make it require a hellforge at an anvil instead.

Matter of opinion. Also, an authority's opinion does not exactly constitute an argument; just because Barack Obama likes the color red does not mean that red is the best (or worst, depending on your opinion of Obama) color/
Nah mate. I just said it, not supporting me.

I think the old textures are much less eye-pleasing, however being able to find them randomly would be a nice touch. They'll also fit better in some places.

This will not, however, stop me from complaining about the fact that the old Hellforge is a recolor of the old Furnace. I don't like that.

I do like the idea, but the normal furnace fits more with the current textures of the blocks. The old one fits with the look of the underground cabins.

And if anyone DARE SAY that the current one is UGLY, I'm gonna-

The old furnace sprites don't really appeal to me. All I see is a boulder with a hole and flame in it. The newer sprites, in opinion, look better and more like furnaces. But having ancient furnaces underground could be nice and some players prefer these sprites so it shouldn't really do any harm adding them back in. So I suppose I will support this thread!

Back
Top Bottom