Weapons & Equip Revamping Pre-hardmode Ore armour.

Generic poll #27

• I love these ideas/ if implemented I will immediately go and make some ore armour.

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • I do like the concept, but I feel that they could be balanced a bit better.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I think you've made them too overpowered and they need a nerf.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I like spending tons of bars for a little bit of defence!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Storm

Golem
Hello again Ladies, Gentlemen, Derplings, Cubes, Face Monsters ect… I am here once again to propose an idea that will most likely never be added, but I’ll put some effort into it anyway.

Now don’t you think that the current amount of bars required to craft the pre-hardmode ore armour is too much?
Armour Tier
Part
Old Bar requirement
New bar requirement
Copper armor female.png Copper armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Tin armor female.png Tin armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Iron armor female.png Iron armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Lead armor female.png Lead armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Silver armor female.pngSilver armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Tungsten armor female.png Tungsten armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Gold armor female.png Gold armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Platinum armor female.png Platinum armor.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Total:

All bar requirements are now fewer than half of what they used to be which should make them slightly more viable.

Now that’s not the only thing I’m proposing to be changed, I also feel the defence values and set bonuses could be tweaked a little;
Armour
Part
Old defence
New defence
New Set bonus
Copper armor.png Copper armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-
+10% melee speed​
Tin armor.png Tin armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-​
Iron armor.png Iron armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-
+6% damage​
Lead armor.png Lead armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-​
Silver armor.png Silver armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-
+10% movement speed​
Tungsten armor.png Tungsten armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-​
Gold armor.png Gold armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-
+6% critical chance​
Platinum armor.pngPlatinum armor female.png
Helmet:
Chestplate:
Greaves:
Set bonus:
Total:
-​

As you can see that while the alternate ores have 4 extra greater defence, the originals have a different set bonus to compensate.

Let’s give some love to these four forgotten armour sets;
Armour
Part
Old defence
New defence
New set bonus
Rain armor equipped (male)
Rain armor equipped (female)
Hat:
Coat:
Total:
Bonus: Increased movement speed by 60% when out in the rain.​
Snow armor equipped (male)
Snow armor equipped (female)
Hood:
Coat:
Pants:
Total:
Bonus: Reduced damage from cold themed enemies plus immunity to chilled​
Pink Snow armor equipped (male)
Pink Snow armor equipped (female)
Hood:
Coat:
Pants:
Total:
Bonus: Reduced damage from cold themed enemies plus immunity to chilled and frozen​
Gladiator armor.pngGladiator armor female.png
Helmet:
Breastplate:
Greaves:
Total:
Helmet: +3% Ranged damage
Breastplate: +2% ranged damage and critical strike chance
Greaves: +3% ranged critical strike chance, and +10% movement speed
Bonus: 20% chance not to consume ammo​
Obsidian armor.pngObsidian armor female.png
Hat:
Longcoat:
Pants:
Total:
Bonus: Greatly reduced damage from lava, immunity to burning.​

Well that’s all for now, I know these probably won’t be making any of you want to craft them, as let’s face it we all skip these armour sets, but perhaps they’ll be more useful for newer players.

So what do you all think of these improvements? Should they be buffed further, are the crafting recipes still too expensive? Please let me know :dryadsmile:

Last edited:
I don't agree with making them stronger, you can already beat EoC without moving if you have Gold Armor, but please make them cost less. I never bother with anything beyond Iron/Lead unless I get lucky with Silver bars from chests.

Yes, I think now the crafting amounts are less ridicolous, so it would make them actually somewhat more useful.

Also, interesting set bonuses. They sound nice.

I'd say keep the defensive set bonuses of the newer ore armors while maintaining the originals' new 6% bonuses. The 2% gap between all of the bonuses are pretty meaningless, and this, I think, would make the old and new more unique.

I also agree with Bame on the matter of overdone defense.

I'd say keep the defensive set bonuses of the newer ore armors while maintaining the originals' new 6% bonuses. The 2% gap between all of the bonuses are pretty meaningless, and this, I think, would make the old and new more unique.
This could indeed work, it is sort of a reverse of the hardmode ores in which the old ones have raw stats, and the new ones have special abilities. Perhaps the bonus could be reduced to 5% (not that it really makes any difference) and the defence of all the old ore armours being reduced by maybe 2 each, and 3/4 for the new ones, while the new ores get a set bonus of 2, 3, 3 and 4 respectively.

Also should I make the bar requirements the same for the orignal and alternative?

I also agree with Bame on the matter of overdone defense.
It's mostly the lower tiers (Especially copper) that had a very low defence, just 1 more than cactus and I wanted to upgrade all of them so they're in a sequence, but they can always be changed.

This could indeed work, it is sort of a reverse of the hardmode ores in which the old ones have raw stats, and the new ones have special abilities. Perhaps the bonus could be reduced to 5% (not that it really makes any difference) and the defence of all the old ore armours being reduced by maybe 2 each, and 3/4 for the new ones, while the new ores get a set bonus of 2, 3, 3 and 4 respectively.

Also should I make the bar requirements the same for the orignal and alternative?

It's mostly the lower tiers (Especially copper) that had a very low defence, just 1 more than cactus and I wanted to upgrade all of them so they're in a sequence, but they can always be changed.
I think 6% is fine, honestly. The bar requirements should definitely be equal.

I think you should go in the middle of what we have and what you've initially suggested, for the armor defense values.

I think 6% is fine, honestly. The bar requirements should definitely be equal.

I think you should go in the middle of what we have and what you've initially suggested, for the armor defense values.
Ok now so the alternative ores now have the same bar requirements as their original counterparts.

The alternative ores have 4 more defence than their original counterparts, and even 1 more than the next tier of original ore, but only the orignals have the +6% buffs.

I also added some buffs to the other armour sets at the bottom, hopefully it's more balanced now, please let me know :dryadsmile:

• Love
Reactions: Bry
finally someone said it. The metal armors are pretty much worthless due to the extremely high cost, and how little of an effect they have. Youre better off just running around naked, scouring caves for heart crystals, until you can get ahold of gold tier armor. Love this suggestion.

I don't know if the set bonuses are enough to give the other set 4 bonus defense and I think 2-3 would be slightly more balanced.
I think that the move speed buff on silver is pretty good though the crit chance really isn't enough for gold in my opinion.
Also,the defense might be a bit high, but apart from that, I would love this in the game.

I don't know if the set bonuses are enough to give the other set 4 bonus defense and I think 2-3 would be slightly more balanced.
I think that the move speed buff on silver is pretty good though the crit chance really isn't enough for gold in my opinion.
Also,the defense might be a bit high, but apart from that, I would love this in the game.
I've actually successfully modded all of this onto my unreleased vanilla buff mod :dryadwink:

I think that silver-platinum are good, but copper-lead are a little too cheap. But I agree with this idea, gold and platinum are way too expensive when I save up for them.

Back
Top Bottom