Weapons & Equip Reverse Bombs: Build landscapes with bombs

Vagrant

Terrarian
I had this silly idea while I was trying to fill some Jungle land with Mud. Even though I use Builder's Potion with the Gizmo Pack, I find terraforming to be kinda awkward when used with Smart Cursor. Yes, I'm actually putting mud back in the jungle so more chlorophyte will grow and also to spend the 97089798 x 999 stacks of mud I have.

So, why not make a terraforming bomb that will add blocks instead of destroying them?

Recipe could look like this.

- 25x Bombs / 10x Dynamite / 1x Explosive
- 15x/25x/35x Explosive Powder
- 15x/25x/50x Actuators
- 15x/25x/50x Wires
- 100x/200x/300x of Any Soil-tier Blocks (dirt, mud, ash, sand, snow, ice, stone, etc. No bricks or other funkies)

Maybe the Dryad could sell something for the recipe too, something that's not in the game. The idea of the Demo and Dryad working together to rebuild nature sounds nice.

How about a new hardmode gun that could act like the Sandgun (new underground sand biome wink-wink), only it would work with soils only. It could spray blocks in a cone-shaped area. Now THAT would be my cup of tea.

Note that this could be useful in other scenarios other than Chlorophyte farming.

Say you like farming meteorite but hate having to refill the land every time you farm one.

Or how about when you try to build a specific type of underground arena and want to patch some holes where enemies might spawn and get stuck?

Or how about when you just have too much blocks but feel bad about trashing/selling them?

My small world is ravaged by my mining habits. My jungle isn't really a jungle, it's like a big empty chasm with a few mud blocks. Having these "Terra-bombs" would be nice to renew the land.

Yeah! I could think of allot more cool ways to use it as well. To bad there's now way of actually sending in ideas to the Devs.

Nerf the crafting recipe though, it's wayyyy to much for just an earthbomb.
Also trollers
Don't forget trollers

Nerf the crafting recipe though, it's wayyyy to much for just an earthbomb.
Also trollers
Don't forget trollers

Because there's Explosive Powder in it, it could only be crafted in Hardmode. By that time, you should have enough soil and money to buy the wires/actuators/dynamites. Meanwhile, you can use Bomb statues to infinitely spawn more bombs.

In fact, the recipe could be even more rigid: replace Actuators with Nanites. /trollface

Back
Top Bottom