Blocks & Decoration Reverser forge.

What do you think?

• Fully support, perfect the way it is.

• Mostly support, though I think it should give you back all the ores.

• Sort of support, but don't really see the point.

• Rubbish idea >:(

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Storm

Golem
Have you ever smelted all your ore but then you realise you needed some to make potions, or perhaps ore bricks? Don't you wish there was a way to revert the bars back into the ores?

Well I am introducing the Reverser forge (can't think of a good name). This forge will allow you to convert any bar back into its respective ore, but you may get less ore back to not discourage mining as much and to balance it out a little.
I would post a sprite but I tried and it looked awful.

Crafting:
Hellforge.png
x1
Soul_of_Night.gif
x10
Soul_of_Light.gif
x10
@
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png

Bars to unsmelt:
Copper_Bar.png
/
Tin_Bar.png
/
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
= 2-3 ore
Silver_Bar.png
/
Tungsten_Bar.png
/
Gold_Bar.png
/
Platinum_Bar.png
= 2-4 ore
Meteorite_Bar.png
/
Demonite_Bar.png
/
Crimtane_Bar.png
= 2-3 ore
Hellstone_Bar.png
=2-3 ore (No obsidian)
Cobalt_Bar.png
/
Palladium_Bar.png
= 2-3 ore
Mythril_Bar.png
/
Orichalcum_Bar.png
= 3-4 ore
Adamantite_Bar.png
/
Titanium_Bar.png
= 3-5 ore
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
= 4-6 ore
Shroomite_Bar.png
/
Spectre_Bar.png
= 4-6 Chlorophyte ore
Luminite_Bar.png
= 3-4 ore

Addition
Perhaps it should also allow you to to get 75% of the materials back from crafted weapons as well?
I'm sorry if this has been suggested before, I did look and didn't find and similar suggestions, feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
this would be slightly useful,but what exploits could come from making it give 100% of the ore back?
Now that I think of it, none really (unless someone found another duplication glitch) :dryadtongue: but the reason why I feel it should give a little less ore is to not entirely discourage people from mining, especially as bars can be found in crates.

The only real benefit of ores is for bricks, which are purely aesthetic, so I don't think we need to damage the rewards of it.
Iron skin and splunker potions also use ore, I always accidentally smelt all my Iron/Lead/Gold/Platinum ore and then have to go and get more. But thanks for your input.
yes, but most things people want are made with bars, not the ores, such as weapons and armor.
True, but this is entirely optional and is more for people who want to use any left over bars for bricks/potions.
I feel like this would just be another way to tell Terrarians, "Hey, your actions have no consequences!".
Well there's nothing wrong with a little quality of life feature.
Also another reason you get less ore back is sort of a way for punishing you for smelting too much.

Last edited:
I feel like this would just be another way to tell Terrarians, "Hey, your actions have no consequences!".
I disagree. There are many other forms of "consequences" that are much more important than this, this one little QOL feature isn't going to harm anyone, it's hardly an "uncrafting table". We already have reverse crafting for platforms and walls, why not ores?
This also gives another use for demonite and crimtane, since I always craft them all into bars forgetting that those bars are basically useless after you get the pickaxe and armour. XP

Eh. Smelting all your ore and then wishing you hadn't is simply a mistake by the player, but a minor one. Go get some more ore and set it aside. For demonite in particular, it's easy enough to get another more ore by fighting EoC or EoW again. And while that brick does make a nice wall, the bars are also a nice moneymaker. Likewise for crimtane and the BoC.

Personally, I store ore and bars as they come in -- I start off smelting what I need for the craft of the moment (furnace, anvil, and workbench all next to each other), and as the ore accumulates I'll keep a stack of 99 bars topped off for the ores I'm actually using.

That said, if you do this as a mod, you should also give back 1 sand for a glass block.

I agree with most people here that the crafting table would be super niche and only really used for building, most people would just mine a couple more of that ore. I do like the idea though.

What if instead of this we made it so placed bars when destroyed turned back into ore? So it's like you're smashing the bars back into crude chunks.

Another idea would be to just make the Autohammer have this as an extra use, smashing bars back into ore. Its only use right now is just making Shroomite bars.

Last edited:
I agree with most people here that the crafting table would be super niche and only really used for building, most people would just mine a couple more of that ore. I do like the idea though.

What if instead of this we made it so placed bars when destroyed turned back into ore? So it's like you're smashing the bars back into crude chunks.

Another idea would be to just make the Autohammer have this as an extra use, smashing bars back into ore.
The first idea seems a little annoying, as if you just want to move placed ore but you instead have to smelt it all over again. The second idea does seem viable, and it'll give the Autohammer another use :dryadsmile:

I think this is a good idea. I thought about something like this but with items and Armor. I Wanted something for if you accidentally crafted an item or armor

Back
Top Bottom