Items Revival Potion and Death Emblems - Make dying more fun!

Athrisir

Terrarian
How many times have you died while fighting a boss that had almost no health left? Probably at least once. Well, these items can put a stop to that pain!

Introducing the Revival Potion!

New Piskel (17).png

Revival Potion
Grants Revival
15 second duration
"Heroes never die!"

Crafting:
Bottled_Water.png
1 Bottled Water
Life_Crystal.png
1 Life Crystal
Soul_of_Light.gif
3 Souls of Light
Soul_of_Night.gif
3 Souls of Night
Deathweed.png
5 Deathweed
Fireblossom.png
5 Fireblossom

Requires a placed bottle or alchemy station. Makes 1.

If you die while the buff is active, you will be restored to full health, but will be unable to move or attack for one second afterwards. You will not drop anything upon death, but afterwards you cannot consume another revival potion for one in-game day. You will also lose all your buffs like normal.

Now, moving on to the next part of my suggestion: Death Emblems. These would be little accessories that would cause something special to happen when you die. They can be useful for finishing off enemies with low health, they could let you respawn instantly, or they could even protect you from losing your money and items when you die.

The Revival Potion would revive you immediately with any emblem except when specified otherwise.

A full list of the emblems I came up with. Feel free to leave ideas in the comments!

Demolition Emblem
Equipable
Leave your enemies an explosive surprise after you die.
This would spawn 4-5 grenades on the position of your death.
Bought from the Demolitionist for 25
Gold_Coin.png
after Skeletron is defeated

Shade Emblem
Equipable
Turn into a shade that emits light and can travel through blocks after you die.
Shade form lasts for 5 seconds. If you consumed a revival potion, you would be revived where you are after the duration of Shade Form ends.
Bought from the Witch Doctor for 75
Gold_Coin.png
after a Mechanical Boss has been defeated.

Hasty Emblem
Equipable
Respawn immediately after you die.
If a boss is alive it would still flee.
Bought from the Traveling Merchant for 75
Gold_Coin.png
in Hardmode

Ghostly Emblem
Equipable
Unleash a Tormented Soul upon your enemies after you die.
The Tormented Soul would look like the Spectre Staff projectile. It would deal about 110 damage and travel through blocks to reach its target.
2.5% (5% Expert) drop from Dungeon Spirits.

And now, the fun ones!

Stardust Emblem
Equipable
Doubles the damage of your minions after you die.
The effect would last for about 5 seconds.
1% (2% Expert) drop chance from any Stardust enemy.

Vortex Emblem
Equipable
Opens Lunar Portals to assault your enemies after you die.
The portals would function exactly like the Lunar Portal Staff and deal similar damage. 3-4 Portals can be opened after death. They last for 5 seconds before disappearing.
1% (2% Expert) drop chance from any Vortex enemy.

Nebula Emblem
Equipable
Unleash psychic bolts upon your enemies after you die.
When you die about 10-15 purple bolts would explode out of you and seek out enemies, dealing about 90 damage each.
1% (2% Expert) drop chance from any Nebula enemy.

Solar Emblem

Equipable
Bombard the screen with meteors after you die.
Each meteor would deal 300 damage if it comes into contact with an enemy, or 150 from the explosion after it touches down. The meteor shower could last anywhere from 3-5 seconds.
1% (2% Expert) drop chance from any Solar enemy.

Congrats! You made it through! Don't forget to leave your feedback or ideas in the comments, as I cannot improve without your feedback! I hope you enjoyed the suggestion for today.

See you guys later!
-Giga

Last edited:
Minor Edits:
-Ghostly Emblem now drops from Dungeon Spirits
-Decreased the cost of the Hasty Emblem to 75 Gold

is this overwatch

This is a nice suggestion but i think the 15 second duration is too small. Yes, people would use it at the last second no matter what but it should have a longer duration just in case you survive or something else happens, maybe around 1 minute? Still, i support it.

Will the death emblems only be usable once an in game day as well? Otherwise the hasty emblem would let you live forever. You just may want to add an edit to make that clear.

Will the death emblems only be usable once an in game day as well? Otherwise the hasty emblem would let you live forever. You just may want to add an edit to make that clear.
The hasty emblem goes straight to your spawn point unless the potion is active and you don't respawn with full health, just like normal. That's why the potion has a cooldown on it. The emblems would have no cooldown as they are only able to be used to their full potential with the potion.

is this overwatch
Yes

The hasty emblem goes straight to your spawn point unless the potion is active and you don't respawn with full health, just like normal. That's why the potion has a cooldown on it. The emblems would have no cooldown as they are only able to be used to their full potential with the potion.

Yes

Ok, thank you. I didn't understand that. I was thinking respawn as in you come back to life on the spot, not you respawn at your weapon point. Totally fine then.

Another minor change:
You will now respawn instantly with any emblem besides the shade emblem if the Revival buff is active, so bosses won't have a chance to flee.

Back
Top Bottom