Weapons & Equip Reviving old faithful weapons in the Temple

652Graystripe

Plantera
Remember when every weapon was good and everyone knew it was good? Yeah, me too. I miss those days. What happened to the Magic Missile? I dunno. But the Lihzahrds have secretly been at work - and are still working - engineering our technology into great, great things.

Lihzahrd_Mage.png
Lihzahrd Mage
Miniboss, rare spawn in the Jungle Temple post-Golem. Shoots a volley of bouncing, homing sun projectiles at the player that dissipate after a couple seconds or after being hit. When it enters its second phase, it gains a huge buff to attack and starts launching Moon Lord-esque lasers.
*6000 HP
*Moves about as fast as a Lihzahrd, but doesn't run much
*35 defense
*60 projectile power
*75 melee power
*12 defense
*90 projectile power
*100 melee power
*100 laser power

This fellow is responsible for dropping most of the weapons in this suggestion. Here they are, as of right now.
Containment_Sun.png
Contained Sunpower
Upgrade to: Magic Missile, Flamelash, Rainbow Rod
*95 magic damage
*Use time 16 (3.75/sec, 316.35 DPS)
*Uses 21 mana

Reference point: Heat Ray (183 DPS), Charged Blaster Cannon (150 DPS), Laser Machinegun (180 DPS)

Shiny_Shield.png

Shiny_Shield_2.png
Cosmic Lens Flare
Upgrade to: Medusa Head
*136 magic damage (341 fully charged)
*Takes 2.5 seconds to charge (136 DPS)
*Uses 10 mana (2 every 1/2 second)

Reference point: Heat Ray (183 DPS), Charged Blaster Cannon (150 DPS), Contained Sunpower (316 DPS)

Lihzahrd_Cleaver.png
Solar Render
Upgrade to: Breaker Blade
*241 melee damage
*Use time 36 (1.66/sec, 401.66 DPS)

Reference point: Terra Blade (356 DPS), Horseman's Blade (173 DPS), Christmas Tree Sword (224 DPS)

Automata
Upgrade to: Clockwork Assault Rifle, fires four shots per bullet instead of three
*14 ranged damage (240 DPS)
*Use time 12 (5/s)

Reference point: Tactical Shotgun (306 DPS), Xenopopper (577 DPS), Electrosphere Launcher (200 DPS), Chain Gun (465 DPS)

Skyfall
Upgrade to: Nimbus Rod, Crimson Rod
*50 summoning damage
*Drops a thunderbolt 2.5/sec (attack time 24, 125 DPS with one cloud, 250 with two)

Reference point: Xeno Staff (60 DPS), Tempest Staff (83 DPS), Raven Staff (79 DPS)

Keep in mind that this is WIP, so I'll probably be adding more weapons as time goes on. In the meantime, I would like you guys to tell me what weapons you wish had an upgrade late-game.

@Pinelord @J-50N @Hunited @SzGamer227

Last edited:
This is pretty nice. Although with the title I expected these to be crafted with some of the Lizhard items/pieces, and you crafted them at the Golem Spawner.

The listed DPS values for the Tactical Shotgun and the Xenopopper are wrong, as both weapons shoot several bullets at once (6 in the former, and 4-5 in the latter case).

I find it interesting how an upgrade to the Breaker Blade is often the go-to Melee weapon for Lihzahrd Expansion suggestions...

Solar Render
Upgrade to: Breaker Blade
*241 melee damage
*Use time 36 (1.66/sec, 401.66 DPS)
index.php

Snake Breaker
*Melee greatsword weapon.
*Crits more often against heavier armor.
Tooltip: "Forged to slice the heads off of dragons."
Damage: 235
Knockback: 8.5
Use Time: 30 (2 uses/second)
*Bonus +1% critical strike chance for every point of enemy defense (up to a max of +50%).
*A sword to make the Breaker Blade jealous.
index.php
Lihzahrd Breaker Blade - Crafted with a Breaker Blade, 25 Lihzahrd Brick, 2 Lihzahrd Power Cells, and a Golem Power Core - 250 Melee Damage, Very Slow Speed, Insane Knockback
It's an odd sort of coincidence, innit? :p

I find it interesting how an upgrade to the Breaker Blade is often the go-to Melee weapon for Lihzahrd Expansion suggestions...

It's an odd sort of coincidence, innit? :p
Oh wow, I forgot about those. I'm going to assume some part of my brain remembered them.

light disc, phase blade laser rifle beam sword demon syth harpoon.
Light discs kinda have Bananarangs... but I agree, they need another version.
Phase blade is a generic sword. Don't see a need for its upgrade, especially considering the Phasesabers.
Laser Rifle has the Heat Ray.
Harpoon has the Anchor.
I've been thinking of Demon Scythe upgrades... in fact, the Cosmic Lens Flare was originally just that.
Beam sword is a whole class of swords.

Cosmic Lens Flare
Upgrade to: Medusa Head
*341 magic damage
*Takes 2.5 seconds to charge (341 DPH, 136 DPS)
*Uses 10 mana (2 every 1/2 second)

As far as I know, the damage for charged weapon is the stack of its listed damage(the Medusa Head showing 28 damage, but after three seconds of charging, it deals about 90 damage), so maybe its showing damage could be 136 or so?(so no charged attack deals 136 damage, fully charged deals 340 damage.)

Automata
Upgrade to: Clockwork Assault Rifle, fires four shots per bullet instead of three
*14 ranged damage (240 DPS)
*Use time 12 (5/s)

Clockwork Assault Rifle is one of my favorite weapons, and I'd like too have its upgrade.

As far as I know, the damage for charged weapon is the stack of its listed damage(the Medusa Head showing 28 damage, but after three seconds of charging, it deals about 90 damage), so maybe its showing damage could be 136 or so?(so no charged attack deals 136 damage, fully charged deals 340 damage.)

Clockwork Assault Rifle is one of my favorite weapons, and I'd like too have its upgrade.
Medusa Head works a little differently in that its only attack is after three seconds of charging. I think.

You're comparing the Skyfall to the wrong weapons; the Crimson and Nimbus Rods are magic weapons, not summon weapons, so Skyfall should also be a magic weapon.

That being said, I'm all for this; 'reviving' old weapon types would be pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom