Other Reviving Old-Gen from the grave.

Plasbez

Terrarian
Now I understand the reasoning behind the whole removal of the old-gen content but what if in 1.4.4 they brought it all back?
It all should be completely revamped but only accessible in a secret seed or perhaps master mode.

Just think about it, they have been superb with the changes so far. Why not add revamped old-gen content in the mix?

I mean come on. Even on one of Chippy's videos dozens of people agreed with me.
I can really see this being a great addon with the supposedly "final" update.
Popular.png

I've seen people complain about master mode for a while now.
Not that I mean to repeat but adding back old-gen content, especially if it's revamped would easily fill in that void in master mode.
Maybe old-gen exclusive enemies can cause unique debuffs and drops or literally anything.

What are your thoughts on this?

The best you can hope for is Consolaria to be updated to the latest tModLoader version.
tModLoader - Consolaria

It's been made abundantly clear many times that Redigit does not want the old gen stuff back. He'd rather have Poo Blocks than them.
I just wonder why the reason he dislikes it so much. It's literally extra content that probably significantly more than 60% of the community wants. Especially by the standards I suggested them to be in.

If Red cares so much about the community then he should add it regardless of whatever his "hate" for old gen content. He could just revamp it all and change the looks. It doesn't matter how "abundantly clear" it gets. Speaking of clear, this is the community we are talking about and that's the thing.
So don't take his word and call it a day. Having Poo Blocks instead of revamped old gen content has got to be the most asinine point I've ever read.

Last edited:
I heard talk about Old-Gen
And thus I have arrived.
I totally agree that adding mine and old gen's unique content back into the game would be awesome
And I like the idea of it being in master mode to add more to it than a few trophies and stronger mobs
this is my first time hearing about Redigit's dislike of us, and I feel quite betrayed.
Also I hate Consolaria, Ocram & Stuff is much better.

Just wanted to put my opinions forth.

Also I hate Consolaria, Ocram & Stuff is much better.
Ocram & Stuff is more faithful, but it's only Ocram, its drops, and what you can craft with them. No Turkor, Lepus, miscellaneous enemies, vanity sets, pets...

Also there's no sign of an 1.4 version of it. The author hasn't been seen since 2020 and their last update was that they had lost the source code so they'd have to start from scratch.

So don't take his word and call it a day.
Ultimately I think it's a question of ownership. The old gen exclusive stuff was developed by Engine Software, which was also making Terraria Otherworld if you recall. There was a falling out between ReLogic and Engine -- we don't know the drama, but we know that Otherworld was taken back in-house by ReLogic then canceled, and we know that the ports were taken from Engine and given to DR Studios instead.

The only exclusive content that made its way to the main version were the songs, and those are from Resonance Array. But the stuff developed by Engine? Gone forever.

People have been asking for the exclusive stuff to be ported to the PC version since 2013. Red's answer has always been "no". If no one has managed to change his mind in the last nine years, I doubt that you will succeed.

Oh, and if you want an Ocram pet, then take a look at Assorted Crazy Things:

Last edited:
People have been asking for the exclusive stuff to be ported to the PC version since 2013. Red's answer has always been "no". If no one has managed to change his mind in the last nine years, I doubt that you will succeed.
Yeah that's if they port back the old gen content untouched though yeah I understand the whole beef between ReLogic and Engine now or at least partially.
You're missing my point here. Regardless of when I said "revamped" that means changing it all to be different or better than whatever the nonsense Engine did nonetheless entirely changing old-gen to Red's liking to a point we all can agree on.
Again the majority of the community always wanted the old-gen content back and since It should be added to a secret-seed it really wouldn't touch normal gameplay. It's literally a great idea that most people want I don't see the harm at all.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 2.05.16 PM.png

Imma be honest, I didn't even expect him to see the post I made on his profile lol
Totally expected him to get online 6 months later and see the random other posts that pushed my post down but surprisingly not.
Also found interesting info in that Red does not believe I exist
Sad

Guys I literally cannot see anything on twitter, and this sounds like an image I want to see, so someone screenshot it for me or something

And those who think it'd be a good idea to complain all over to me about "Terraria won't update again, it's too late"
1.4.5 will be here and that's just another one of Red's lies claiming that this would've been the final update lol

Back
Top Bottom