Will you join The Revolution?

• Yes

Votes: 39 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

LoveSpreader

Terrarian
This is a small enough of a suggestion. We have doors and platforms as a way of entrance now, a few have even suggested hatches, so why not add another?

2aTI5Zg.png

Revolving Door

5 x HM Bars(Cobalt to Titanium) crafts 1​

Revolving Doors will count as an entrance to NPC houses, and what's different about them is that anything(yes, anything) can pass through them. That includes you, critters, mobs and our lovable NPCs. The moment they do, the door will revolve with that sound effect from pinball(the one when the ball passes through a flap[open to ideas]).

Of course, since letting fresh players use this door would probably lead to quite a catastrophe, these doors are crafted from HM bars. Seeing as they are used to craft power tools, I don't see why they can't be used to craft a slightly evolved mechanism. Just to clarify, this means that there will be at least six different color palettes to decorate your base with.

When they revolve, they will occupy a 3 x 3 space, so you need to clear out both sides of the door to make it work.

Due to popular demand, an upgrade to these doors can be crafted,​

Secured Revolving Door

1 Revolving Door + 5 Cogs crafts 1​

These new doors will only allow the player and non-hostile NPCs to pass through. You can also power them up to lock them. Another pulse will unlock the doors.​

2aTI5Zg.png

As always, I have no sprites to offer, but I think the idea is simple enough to grasp without visual aid. Let me know what you think, fellow Terrarian Revolutionists. :dryadgrin:

Last edited:
Then you are more than free to use normal doors. I like the idea of mobs being allowed in, and then the revolving sound can be a sort of alarm. Personally, I haven't found much use for normal doors since the discovery of platforms.

Well, I'm all for your revolving door, if it blocks when enemies try to enter. :p
Access... deeeeniieieieied!

You know what else is 3 blocks wide and lets you customize what will pass through?

Actuator doors.

Just saying. :p

*swoosh* *swoosh* *swoosh*

Revolving doors would be great. Powering them should lock the door in place.

This is a cool idea, though I do agree that there should be some way to limit what can and can't pass through them, otherwise it's only use would be for decoration and making fancy noises.

Revolving doors would be great. Powering them should lock the door in place.
This. This and I support.
This is a cool idea, though I do agree that there should be some way to limit what can and can't pass through them, otherwise its only use would be for decoration and making fancy noises.
As you will then. Made some changes. Let me know what you think of the recipe.

I might consider adding a door type specifically for hostiles, but again, I'll wait for more feedbacks on that score.

Most of the time they just break them down anyway...
I use double-doors myself. :) You can open them, the enemy can't due to their limited intellect.
These new doors will only allow the player and non-hostile NPCs to pass through. You can also power them up to lock them. Another pulse will unlock the doors.​
Yay! *joins the revolution*

4stars.gif

Last edited:
I feel like the regular brand should be crafted form four Doors and a Cog, and have the Secured version(s) be crafted with any Revolving Door and any Pressure Plate. I don't want to be limited to six oversaturated Revolving Door types when I don't make any houses out of oversaturated HM Ore Bricks. I want to be able to craft Revolving Doors out of anything that I can craft regular Doors out of.

Other than that, this is definitely an intriguing idea. Sign me up! :happy:

I feel like the regular brand should be crafted form four Doors and a Cog
I suppose it works in the favor of making it HM without complications. Hmmm... I'll consider that.

have the Secured version(s) be crafted with any Revolving Door and any Pressure Plate.
As above, I'll consider it.

I don't want to be limited to six oversaturated Revolving Door types when I don't make any houses out of oversaturated HM Ore Bricks. I want to be able to craft Revolving Doors out of anything that I can craft regular Doors out of.
While I see your point, perhaps not the wooden ones, for the sake of.... minor logical inconsistencies? Though that does leave rather too few a variety... Skyware, Bone, Glass, Lihzahrd... Umm... I'll think about that as well.

Still, I want something unique out of the HM bricks/bars for decoration, like Iron/Lead. This was just an attempt for extra use on them.

Back
Top Bottom