tModLoader Rewards - Receive (non-transferable) spendable points for game progress

Hi! Is it possible to make it so you can get PP from modded bosses? (such as bosses from calamity and thorium)
By configuration, it should be. If you can send me your config file after implementing this, I'll be happy to merge it with the main one.

By configuration, it should be. If you can send me your config file after implementing this, I'll be happy to merge it with the main one.
Alright, I'll try it. But when adding a new boss to the config do you have to add another "NeededBossKill" things?

My config keeps reseting. Everything worked fine like a week ago. Help?

Here is my old config:

Attachments

• Rewards Config.json
    38.9 KB · Views: 129
Tried playing this in Multiplayer on my own server with a friend, we get PP from bosses, but buying items from the NPC seems bugged, our points aren't removed when we purchase a pack and the pack either disappears or doesn't open at all.

After some testing around I realised that the mod works in single player but not on a multiplayer server... Any way to work around this?

Last edited:
Tried playing this in Multiplayer on my own server with a friend, we get PP from bosses, but buying items from the NPC seems bugged, our points aren't removed when we purchase a pack and the pack either disappears or doesn't open at all.

After some testing around I realised that the mod works in single player but not on a multiplayer server... Any way to work around this?
Could you send me your Logs.txt when you sense any issues? Or at least submit an issue report via the control panel (via. in-game button in the top left).

I have the same issue as Kayozen. You can take the bags from the Wayfarer, but points are not removed and you cannot open it. I have tried right clicking, left clicking, putting in my hotbar, selecting, left and right clicking then, it refuses to open. put it in a chest and the sprite kinda goes away to a plain white bag with the name of the bag and that's it. EDIT: Okay upon writing this, I opened up a server to get you the logs file. My friend who I was playing with was offline, so it was just me. When I went to go buy the bag from the wayfarer, there was no issue. Clicked the bag, it opened, progress points spent. It seems the error happens if there's more than one person in the world.

I have the same issue as Kayozen. You can take the bags from the Wayfarer, but points are not removed and you cannot open it. I have tried right clicking, left clicking, putting in my hotbar, selecting, left and right clicking then, it refuses to open. put it in a chest and the sprite kinda goes away to a plain white bag with the name of the bag and that's it. EDIT: Okay upon writing this, I opened up a server to get you the logs file. My friend who I was playing with was offline, so it was just me. When I went to go buy the bag from the wayfarer, there was no issue. Clicked the bag, it opened, progress points spent. It seems the error happens if there's more than one person in the world.

I still have the problem even if i'm the only one on the server, and also, I don't know how to make the log file x)
Are you using a standalone server or hosting yourself?

mine keeps resetting as well and I tried using the online JSON editor but I couldn't figure it out

Attachments

• Rewards Config.json
    2.5 KB · Views: 141
mine keeps resetting as well and I tried using the online JSON editor but I couldn't figure it out
update: i thought i figured it out, the json editor has no errors but it still resets. i press "reload mods" to reload the configs and have tried completely re-opening the game but it always resets back to default

Attachments

• Rewards Config.json
    2.6 KB · Views: 140
update: i thought i figured it out, the json editor has no errors but it still resets. i press "reload mods" to reload the configs and have tried completely re-opening the game but it always resets back to default
Try this and tell me what happens (please post Logs.txt if you get errors):

Attachments

• Rewards Config.json
    2.3 KB · Views: 162
ok so it does not reset anymore but it won't give points on modded boss kill
You probably haven't configured modded bosses to give points. I'll be doing that in the next major release

Speaking of, if you want your mod's bosses to be added (non-generically) to the rewards list, please give me a list of their names and progression (relative to vanilla bosses). Here's the current set I plan to add:
Lists lacking clear progression data:

If you could add support for my awful mod then i would be thankful

King slime
Eye of cthulhu
Eater of world/brain of cthulhu.
Lunar Rex
Queen bee
Skeletron
Margrama
Wall of flesh
Fernite the unpleasant

No bosses after fernite from fernium so.

If you could add support for my awful mod then i would be thankful

King slime
Eye of cthulhu
Eater of world/brain of cthulhu.
Lunar Rex
Queen bee
Skeletron
Margrama
Wall of flesh
Fernite the unpleasant

No bosses after fernite from fernium so.
I assume those aren't precisely capitalized?

Back
Top Bottom