tModLoader Rewards - Receive (non-transferable) spendable points for game progress

So i just updated mod helpers to 4.2.3 and now Rewards crashes when i try to activate it.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at HamstarHelpers.Services.Tml.BuildPropertiesEditor.get_ModReferences()
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.TmlHelpers.TmlHelpers.FindDependencyModMajorVersionMismatches(Mod mod)
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.TmlHelpers.TmlHelpers.ReportBadDependencyMods(Mod mod)
at Rewards.RewardsMod.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Update to Mod Helpers v4.2.3.1. Sorry, this error is sudden and arose mysteriously.

Last edited:
It seems that I can buy bags for free without the game taking into account the progress points until I leave the shop, and even with zero PP I can still purchase the items.

Edit: Also the game isn't letting me use the packs after buying them, they just sit as unusable bags in my inventory.

Edit2: The bags get removed out of my inventory when reloading. Seems the mod is completely broken at the moment.

It seems that I can buy bags for free without the game taking into account the progress points until I leave the shop, and even with zero PP I can still purchase the items.

Edit: Also the game isn't letting me use the packs after buying them, they just sit as unusable bags in my inventory.

Edit2: The bags get removed out of my inventory when reloading. Seems the mod is completely broken at the moment.
Send me your Logs.txt file when this happens.

Initialized translations with 287 lines.
0:000:00000 - 000012.40 Rewards.RewardsWorld.Initialize
0:000:00001 - 000012.66 Rewards.RewardsWorld.Initialize
0:000:00002 - 000012.84 Rewards.KillData.Load - PP set: 0 (for world)
0:000:00003 - 000014.12 Rewards.RewardsPlayer.PreUpdate - Cannot open pack: An error occurred synchronizing with the server. (HasKillData:False, HasModSettings:False, HasPointsSettings:False, HasShopSettings:False)
0:000:00004 - 000014.44 Rewards.KillData.Load - PP set: 0 (for Relis)
0:000:00005 - 000014.58 !Rewards.RewardsPlayer.OpenPack - No pack info available.
0:000:00006 - 000014.74 !Rewards.RewardsPlayer.OpenPack - No pack info available.
0:000:00007 - 000014.77 !Rewards.RewardsPlayer.OpenPack - No pack info available.
0:000:00008 - 000018.86 !ExtensibleInventory.InventoryBook.ScrollPageDown - World not in play
0:000:00009 - 000019.76 !ExtensibleInventory.InventoryBook.ScrollPageDown - World not in play
0:000:00000 - 000071.68 Rewards.RewardsWorld.Initialize
0:000:00001 - 000072.03 Rewards.RewardsWorld.Initialize
0:000:00002 - 000072.20 Rewards.KillData.Load - PP set: 0 (for world)
0:000:00003 - 000073.46 Rewards.RewardsPlayer.PreUpdate - Cannot open pack: An error occurred synchronizing with the server. (HasKillData:False, HasModSettings:False, HasPointsSettings:False, HasShopSettings:False)
0:000:00004 - 000073.73 Rewards.KillData.Load - PP set: 0 (for Relis)
0:000:00005 - 000073.75 !Rewards.RewardsPlayer.OpenPack - No pack info available.
0:000:00006 - 000163.22 Rewards config file reset to defaults.
0:000:00007 - 000164.88 Rewards config file reset to defaults.

Here's my list of mods:
AlchemistNPC
Antisocial
BossChecklist
BossCursor
CheatSheet
CrystiliumMOd
ExtensibleInventory
Fargowiltas
HamstarHelpers
HeatCrystalRegen
HelpfulNPCs
HEROsMod
imkSushisMod
ItemChecklist
ItemMagnetPlus
JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod
LootBags
MagicStorage
MaxStackPlus
MorePotions
MoreWings
PortableStorage
PotionSellerReborn
RecipeBrowser
ReducedGrinding
Rewards
ShopExpander
SimpleAutoChests
TerrariaOverhaul

Here's my list of mods:
AlchemistNPC
Antisocial
BossChecklist
BossCursor
CheatSheet
CrystiliumMOd
ExtensibleInventory
Fargowiltas
HamstarHelpers
HeatCrystalRegen
HelpfulNPCs
HEROsMod
imkSushisMod
ItemChecklist
ItemMagnetPlus
JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod
LootBags
MagicStorage
MaxStackPlus
MorePotions
MoreWings
PortableStorage
PotionSellerReborn
RecipeBrowser
ReducedGrinding
Rewards
ShopExpander
SimpleAutoChests
TerrariaOverhaul
0:000:00003 - 000014.12 Rewards.RewardsPlayer.PreUpdate - Cannot open pack: An error occurred synchronizing with the server. (HasKillData:False, HasModSettings:False, HasPointsSettings:False, HasShopSettings:False)
Well, there's the dumb issue again. I've had issues like this before, and could not track them. The latest debug outputs seem to be giving some leads, now. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
em Rewards.RewardsMod.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<LoadConfigs>b__0()
em HamstarHelpers.Services.Promises.Promises.FulfillPostModLoadPromises()
em HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersMod.PostLoadAll()
em HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersMod.CheckAndProcessLoadFinish()
em HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersMod.PostAddRecipes()
em Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

plz help

em Rewards.RewardsMod.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<LoadConfigs>b__0()
em HamstarHelpers.Services.Promises.Promises.FulfillPostModLoadPromises()
em HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersMod.PostLoadAll()
em HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersMod.CheckAndProcessLoadFinish()
em HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersMod.PostAddRecipes()
em Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

plz help
Are you getting anything else in your Logs.txt file?

Well, there's the dumb issue again. I've had issues like this before, and could not track them. The latest debug outputs seem to be giving some leads, now. I'll see what I can do.
Thanks! Just so you know, the game showed I had 20 something PP, but the logs show I had zero. The game PP counter went down as normal after I tried purchasing the rewards, until it eventually went to zero yet still allowed me to purchase the bags.

FALLBACK LOGGER 2 (NullReferenceExpection) !HamstarHelpers.MenuContextServiceManager.HideAll - Missing menu context UIErrorMessage
Doesn't tell me anything useful. I'll try adding some failsafes to the next version to address what could be causing this. Should I do this in a hurry?

Can you enable the DebugModeInfo setting (set to 'true' in the Rewards Settings.json config file) and then replicate the error? This will help me track it down more precisely.

Last edited:
Doesn't tell me anything useful. I'll try adding some failsafes to the next version to address what could be causing this. Should I do this in a hurry?

Can you enable the DebugModeInfo setting (set to 'true' in the Rewards Settings.json config file) and then replicate the error? This will help me track it down more precisely.
Ok, I'll try to bring some information now, just wait a little.

Hello! I really love this mod and tried my best at writing custom config files for it to add boss support for a lot of mods (untested, might be not working for some bosses)
and I also added alot of stuff to the Wayfarers Shop - Potions, Gems, Chest Loot, Critters, Bugs, Seeds, Herbs, Fishing Stuff, Materials, some Mobility-based accessories,
some traps, basic building blocks and different types of wood, and much more. I also added some stuff for Calamity and Thorium, and a special Config Option if someone
uses both. If someone wants to use this, just copy the Reward Points Config into your Mod Config folder, and choose a folder based on what mods you have installed.
Copy the Rewards Shop Config from there into the same folder. Done! I hope its okay to post this here, but I have seen some other people uploading custom configs,
so I hope that is okay. If not, I will remove the files immediatly. Anyway, here is a folder containing all the files and the readme. Just keep in mind that these config files
are fan made and edited by a noob, so do not expect perfect balancing. Boss Support is made for Thorium, Calamity, Ancients Awakened, Antiaris, Spirit, Elements Awoken,
Enigma, Redemption, Pinkys Mod, Qwertys Content and Alchemist NPC. I tested only the Shop Additions, so like I said, some Bosses might not give PP. I hope some of you
might find this useful, have fun! :)

Edit :
Since hamstar seems okay with it, here is a new version adding support for even more mods :
Changes I made :
Added new Bosses from Ancients Awakened to Boss List
Forgot to mention that I already added Bosses from GRealm and Shadows of Abaddon, too
New Folder containing a config file that adds items from tons of different mods to the wayfarers shop
(Including Thorium, Calamity, Ancients Awakened, Spirit, Antiaris, Elements Awoken, Shadows of Abaddon, and many more!)

Link (you need 7-Zip to unpack the folder) :
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...4/&temp_hash=553ddc62425a3f02989b3287b2c8fd61

Attachments

• Rewards Config V2.7z
    13.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom