Dungeon Spirit
Rhodium_Bar.png

Rhodium Bar
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
x1,
Coral.png
x1
@Autohammer

The cornerstone of this suggestion. (because chlorophyte didn't have enough uses as it was)

Rhodium is a new material that acts as a counterpart to shroomite, and caters to the archer side of the ranger class. This is because the archer class gets kinda dropped until endgame, excluding the tsunami. Duke Fishron is a confusing business in my opinion, as it currently doesn't quite have a set place in gameplay.

Rhodium_Bow.png

Rhodium Bow
58 Damage
Fast Speed
8 Velocity
Rhodium_Bar.png
x15

The Rhodium Bow is a quick, if moderately light-hitting weapon. It has no special abilities.

Rhodium_Longbow.png

Rhodium Longbow
70 Damage
Average Speed
15 Velocity
Rhodium_Bar.png
x15

The Rhodium Longbow trades speed for damage and distance. If you hold down left click, you can charge your arrow to do extra damage before releasing it. It can be held for up to 2.5 seconds to give you 3x the normal damage.

Rhodium_Shotbow.png

Rhodium Shotbow
50 Damage
Fast Speed
13 Velocity
Rhodium_Bar.png
x15

Shoots a volley of 3 arrows instead of 1. Only consumes a single arrow per attack.

Rhodium_Arrow.png

Rhodium Arrow
15 Damage
4 Velocity
4 Knockback
Rhodium_Bar.png
x1 (makes 50)

The Rhodium Arrow is a new arrow which leaves a very short streak behind, about 2 blocks long, that damages enemies that touch it.

Rhodium_Armor.png

Rhodium Armor
51 Defense

Helmet
11 Defense
15% increased ranged(bow) damage
Rhodium_Bar.png
x12

Breastplate
24 Defense
8% increased ranged(bow) damage
25% chance to not consume ammo
Rhodium_Bar.png
x24

Leggings
16 Defense
15% increased movement speed
5% increased crit chance
Rhodium_Bar.png
x18

Set Bonus : Double-Tapping down would slow the player, but allow them to see an orange projectile arc line leading to their cursor, allowing them to see the trajectory of their arrows.

This armor is being added under the assumption that a suggestion like @IAmRyanHearMeRoar's Shroomite Armor Buffs thread would be added so that the shroomite armor helmets are less... stupid.
Maybe I'll make a suggestion for an explosive set...

Eventually I may add more helmets with bonus effects.

Hover_Boots.png

Hoverboots
Rhodium_Bar.png
x18

Function identically to the hoverboard. They emit an orange flame.

Matter_Manipulator.png

Matter Manipulator
Rhodium_Bar.png
x18

Copyright galore. Regardless, this mining tool, an alternate of the digging claw, would dig in a 3x3 block radius. Holding your use-key down would make it mine only a single block.

I hope you guys like this suggestion. It's a pretty heavy WIP and theres quite a bit left to improve upon.

Rhodium_Sword.png

No it isn't a recolor of the palladium sword. It does have a similar length and sword kink, though. I'm pretty proud of the handle, although this sprite won't be included in the suggestion because I made it before I knew what I was going to do with it.

Thanks to @Sergo for help with the thread's design and for his opinions on my sprites. He also inspired me to add hoverboots as a replacement for the hoverboard

In the meantime, please tell me everything that needs to be changed and/or improved/added upon.

Last edited:
Maybe change coral into something else, because coral is only found within 250 tiles from the edges of the world, and takes a while to regrow. Maybe use amber? or maybe even platinum? it is usually found with platinum after all.

View attachment 145498
Rhodium Bar
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
x1,
Coral.png
x2
@Autohammer

The cornerstone of this suggestion. (because chlorophyte didn't have enough uses as it was)

Rhodium is a new material that acts as a counterpart to shroomite, and caters to the archer side of the ranger class. This is because the archer class gets kinda dropped until endgame, excluding the tsunami. Duke Fishron is a confusing business in my opinion, as it currently doesn't quite have a set place in gameplay.

View attachment 145501
Rhodium Bow
58 Damage
Fast Speed
8 Velocity
View attachment 145498x15

The Rhodium Bow is a quick, if moderately light-hitting weapon. It has no special abilities.

View attachment 145499
Rhodium Longbow
70 Damage
Average Speed
15 Velocity

The Rhodium Longbow trades speed for damage and distance. If you hold down left click, you can charge your arrow to do extra damage before releasing it. It can be held for up to 2.5 seconds to give you 3x the normal damage.

View attachment 145503
Rhodium Shotbow
50 Damage
Fast Speed
13 Velocity

Shoots a volley of 3 arrows instead of 1. Only consumes a single arrow per attack.

View attachment 145504
Rhodium Arrow
15 Damage
4 Velocity
4 Knockback
View attachment 145498x1 (makes 50)

The Rhodium Arrow is a new arrow which leaves a very short streak behind, about 2 blocks long, that damages enemies that touch it.

View attachment 145505
Rhodium Armor
51 Defense

Helmet
11 Defense
15% increased ranged(bow) damage
View attachment 145498x12

Breastplate
24 Defense
8% increased ranged(bow) damage
25% chance to not consume ammo
View attachment 145498x24

Leggings
16 Defense
15% increased movement speed
5% increased crit chance
View attachment 145498x18

Set Bonus : Double-Tapping down would slow the player, but allow them to see an orange projectile arc line leading to their cursor, allowing them to see the trajectory of their arrows.

This armor is being added under the assumption that a suggestion like @IAmRyanHearMeRoar's Shroomite Armor Buffs thread would be added so that the shroomite armor helmets are less... stupid.
Maybe I'll make a suggestion for an explosive set...

Eventually I may add more helmets with bonus effects.

View attachment 145506
Hoverboots
View attachment 145498x18

Function identically to the hoverboard. They emit an orange flame.

View attachment 145502
Matter Manipulator
View attachment 145498 x18

Copyright galore. Regardless, this mining tool, an alternate of the digging claw, would dig in a 3x3 block radius. Holding your use-key down would make it mine only a single block.

I hope you guys like this suggestion. It's a pretty heavy WIP and theres quite a bit left to improve upon.

View attachment 145500

No it isn't a recolor of the palladium sword. It does have a similar length and sword kink, though. I'm pretty proud of the handle, although this sprite won't be included in the suggestion because I made it before I knew what I was going to do with it.

In the meantime, please tell me everything that needs to be changed and/or improved/added upon.

ayy, Starbound

Maybe change coral into something else, because coral is only found within 250 tiles from the edges of the world, and takes a while to regrow. Maybe use amber? or maybe even platinum? it is usually found with platinum after all.
I'll change it to 1 coral and possibly make a suggestion for an enemy which drops coral. Or something.
[doublepost=1477601691,1477601671][/doublepost]
ayy, Starbound
ayy, Starbound

Perhaps change the Coral to Crystals? When you consider mushrooms (for Shroomite) can be farmed, Coral cannot. But you can farm Crystals by setting up rows of Pearlstone blocks or Pink Ice. Admittedly, that's still not quite equal as mushrooms are easier to farm, but I can't think of anything else that grows in sufficient, relatively easy to obtain quantities.

Aside from that: Yep, bow and arrow archers needs some love.

----

Out of curiosity, why rhodium? I know it's a real metal, but I'm not aware of anything that makes it special. I'd like to see iridium (also a real metal), but that's just because I've played Stardew Valley too much recently. It could also be interesting to have a fictional metal (like Orichalcum) or made up metal (Coralite or Crystalite or something) as well.

Perhaps change the Coral to Crystals? When you consider mushrooms (for Shroomite) can be farmed, Coral cannot. But you can farm Crystals by setting up rows of Pearlstone blocks or Pink Ice. Admittedly, that's still not quite equal as mushrooms are easier to farm, but I can't think of anything else that grows in sufficient, relatively easy to obtain quantities.

Aside from that: Yep, bow and arrow archers needs some love.

----

Out of curiosity, why rhodium? I know it's a real metal, but I'm not aware of anything that makes it special. I'd like to see iridium (also a real metal), but that's just because I've played Stardew Valley too much recently. It could also be interesting to have a fictional metal (like Orichalcum) or made up metal (Coralite or Crystalite or something) as well.
Rhodium is just a name I sort of subliminally picked up from one of @Sergo's suggestions, and I think it works ok. I guess I could call it corallite. I don't really want to change to crystals because that wouldn't fit the color scheme, and I feel like coral and mushrooms contrast eachother pretty well.

Well, if Corals are harder to farm, you can change it so that you get more bars per one coral, or, that corals can be farmed by just putting sand underwater (allowing for corals to exist anywhere in the world).

Not bad. But I'd still go with Shroomite and other equipment sets over any of this, even if I'm using arrows.

The Rhodium Arrow's trail is too short to be of any use. I suggest you increase it to at least 5 blocks.

The armour set bonus is also lame. It really isn't useful to see the trajectory of your arrows, especially with such a large downside, considering late-game bows have very high velocity anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom