tModLoader Rise of Ages - Backwoods and Druids

Hey, just wanted to drop in and say that I love the premise and style this mod is going for!
Particularily the "not doing what other mods have already done" thing. Please no more eye bosses! :sigh:
And the Druid class looks super exciting! I'm always interested in new classes with unique mechanics.
I'm also admittedly hoping that the lantern in the spoiler with the ... reviving zombie things? is a weapon of some kind. I barely ever see magic lanterns as weapons and it's such a missed stylistic opportunity.
But yes! Adding lore, unique gameplay, detailed bossfights, and what definitely looks to be quality and uniqueness over quantity; this could very well turn out to be one of my favourite mods! I wish you great success in bringing it to life! I can already see a lot of love has been put into it!

Wow! I'm really glad you like our mod and look forward to it. Thank you very much for your support! :D

is this mod in the browser yet? and amazing work...
[doublepost=1541002348,1541002261][/doublepost]YES YES YES, I do have expierence (I know I spelt that wrong) in TMD loader...
[doublepost=1541002437][/doublepost] oblivicANUBISBOSS.png

is this mod in the browser yet? and amazing work...

Thank you! Sadly it's not, it would be stated in a post if it was. Right now mod is still too raw to release it.

YES YES YES, I do have expierence (I know I spelt that wrong) in TMD loader...

That's excellent! If your Discord is still down, how can we contact you to discuss your possible work with our team?

Druid Class? My mod has a Druid Class ._.
Well I don't really mind, must be a popular idea for a class because there was another mod with a Druid Class.

Hey guys!
Good news here, we have finally found us a composer who can fill our mod with his fantastic soundtrack. His name is Croul, and here's one of his tracks, which will play in Backwoods during the night!

Oh goodness, that's awesome! I especially appreciate that Croul seems to have tried to capture Terraria's weird electronic ambient ... whatever its genre is supposed to be.
A lot of mods use music that just plain doesn't fit. Thorium seems to be one exception (for the most part), having a few unique tracks that fit with Terraria's music very well.
I'm very glad that another mod seems like it'll make that small list! Consistency is something I really like.

Edit:
Also, having both a day and night theme for your custom biome?
I don't think I've seen any mod do that before, and I'm impressed!

Hey! It's been a while since we spoke about the Druid last time, so we want to share some news about creating it.

One of the first mechanics we added for this class was the Wreaths. The idea of it is a unique accessory that gets filled as you deal damage and gives different bonuses to your characteristics as it fills.

To increase the flexibility and versatility of the combinations of Druid accessories, we added a special slot for the Wreaths, which will be availible for the players wearing a full set of druidic armor. Thus nothing will keep players from using the Wreaths along with other useful items, including ones that directly interact with Wreath mechanic. But we will tell you about them next time!

GLeyhgTZrXI.jpg

Also, we wish you all Happy Holidays filled with happiness and positive emotions!

Hey! It's been a while since we spoke about the Druid last time, so we want to share some news about creating it.

One of the first mechanics we added for this class was the Wreaths. The idea of it is a unique accessory that gets filled as you deal damage and gives different bonuses to your characteristics as it fills.

To increase the flexibility and versatility of the combinations of Druid accessories, we added a special slot for the Wreaths, which will be availible for the players wearing a full set of druidic armor. Thus nothing will keep players from using the Wreaths along with other useful items, including ones that directly interact with Wreath mechanic. But we will tell you about them next time!

GLeyhgTZrXI.jpg

Also, we wish you all Happy Holidays filled with happiness and positive emotions!
I know you've probably accounted for this already, but what happens if you unequip a piece of druid armor? Will the wreath drop as an item, will the slot just become inactive and inaccessible like the 6th Expert slot in a Normal world, or what?
Also I'd reccommend making sure it's compatible with Wing Slot, which is a pretty popular tweak mod, and which adds its slot in a very similar position.
Some other compatability points include Summoner's Association which adds a minion count display at around the same spot, and Leveled, which adds an armor display at around the same spot too. I know inter-mod compatability is probably low on the list of things to do, but it's good to have an idea of what things may need addressing ahead of time.

Edit: Also happy holidays! The gift of progress and information is much appreciated!

I know you've probably accounted for this already, but what happens if you unequip a piece of druid armor? Will the wreath drop as an item, will the slot just become inactive and inaccessible like the 6th Expert slot in a Normal world, or what?
Also I'd reccommend making sure it's compatible with Wing Slot, which is a pretty popular tweak mod, and which adds its slot in a very similar position.
Some other compatability points include Summoner's Association which adds a minion count display at around the same spot, and Leveled, which adds an armor display at around the same spot too. I know inter-mod compatability is probably low on the list of things to do, but it's good to have an idea of what things may need addressing ahead of time.

Edit: Also happy holidays! The gift of progress and information is much appreciated!

It's fully compatible with Wing Slot and Leveled, as for Summoner's Association we just need to change position of wreath slot when both mods enabled.

this mod
It looks very good I would like to know if there will be mechanical bosses type the king slime, the bee reigns things like that and also if you want an idea add a system misions and compatibilly with other mods for example calamity, thorium, spirit

Back
Top Bottom