tModLoader Rise of Ages - Backwoods and Druids

That's awesome! That said, you say one of the most important Druid features- there will be other features from the sounds of it, yes?

Apart from Forms, there is, obviously, Wreaths, which is also a druid's key feature. And... there are weapons, but as of now they are just not any good, so we are going to have them completely reworked soon :cool:

On that topic however, something that both those mods have issues with in the Shapeshifting department is that there's a lack of variety. Not many options per "tier", you're pretty much stuck with 1, maybe 2 forms on any occasion, at least unless you use old forms with weak attacks. Since this is tied to armors, I fear it'll be the same case. Are there plans to have a decent variety of forms, or a way for people to scale the stats of a favourite form rather than being forced to use another with a different playstyle because of stats?

Yes, as Hastur stated, in future there will be an option to have old-tier forms with new-tier advantages, but in current pre-hardmode state we don't want Druid to be a kind of class that has perfect answers for every situation (and that's what having multiple forms at once will result into), and that's why we allowed it to have only one form at a time. However, the good thing about variety is that druids as a class will have a lot of options to customise their playstile using various accessories and wreaths, so each playthrough doesn't feel all the same, and even one beast form can be used differently :naughty:

And, as always, thanks for your support!

Take a wheel of someone's wagon and crush some enemies!

giphy.gif

Nothing too special to show this month. Although a lot of progress has been made - from Backwoods-themed furniture to a whole bunch of miscellaneous fixes and preparations for an upcoming boss. And I can't wait to show one major feature we have been working on for a long time now - but that's for the next time!

giphy.gif

Nothing too special to show this month. Although a lot of progress has been made - from Backwoods-themed furniture to a whole bunch of miscellaneous fixes and preparations for an upcoming boss. And I can't wait to show one major feature we have been working on for a long time now - but that's for the next time!

giphy.gif
Hold up-
That's not the Mysterious Cloak... It's shorter and the animations are nicer.
Is... Is this going to contain new cloaks? That may or may not instantly skyrocket this to Most Hype Mod of 2019/2020!
(Seriously why do like no mods add cloaks they're great)

Attention all terraria gamers! Rise of Ages dev team is in danger...

Following the news of 1.4 2020 delay... progress on Rise of Ages is much slower than expected as well. Both programmers - Hastur and Veron - are overwhelmed with studies and can find little to none time to work on the mod, and RadlordGD, who joined the team recently (a warm welcome!), isn't able to carry it on his own for many reasons. That means, development is stuck in place and mostly frozen - at very least until holidays. Therefore, beta release date remains unknown - but for sure it is not as soon as estimated.

If you are a tML programmer and wish to help us - message me or write in this thread. Any other support would be much appreciated too! convince your modder friends to help us

I know that this delay would be sad news for everyone waiting for the mod and I'm just as upset as all of you. That being said, I don't want to make any big promises - it's impossible to estimate how productive can we get in following months - and will it even be enough to carry on the development... So stay tuned for updates, whenever they may come!

1575246842628.png

Attention all terraria gamers! Rise of Ages dev team is in danger...

Following the news of 1.4 2020 delay... progress on Rise of Ages is much slower than expected as well. Both programmers - Hastur and Veron - are overwhelmed with studies and can find little to none time to work on the mod, and RadlordGD, who joined the team recently (a warm welcome!), isn't able to carry it on his own for many reasons. That means, development is stuck in place and mostly frozen - at very least until holidays. Therefore, beta release date remains unknown - but for sure it is not as soon as estimated.

If you are a tML programmer and wish to help us - message me or write in this thread. Any other support would be much appreciated too! convince your modder friends to help us

I know that this delay would be sad news for everyone waiting for the mod and I'm just as upset as all of you. That being said, I don't want to make any big promises - it's impossible to estimate how productive can we get in following months - and will it even be enough to carry on the development... So stay tuned for updates, whenever they may come!

View attachment 230671
Thank you for notifying everyone! We get that modders do this all in their spare time, and don't always have the time or energy to contribute. Don't feel upset that it's going slowly right now, there's no rush to release as soon as possible or anything! If anything, I'd say taking a break to focus on more important stuff is a better idea than trying to get more people involved, as that may just lead to inconsistent direction and results.

I just saw this mod and it is the mod I'm most excited for!!!!
I'm a novice programmer and spriter when it comes to mods, I'd like to try to get better so that the mods I make can be to this quality :) Of course, also to assist projects like this since I would absolutely love to be on a team like yours (maybe even yours one day).
Keep up the great work, you guys! You've earned a supporter in me :D

this is something that i actually want to try out when it releases. from the looks it seems fantastic and the work so far put in seems to be massive. Def gonna wait for this mods release.

I forgot to put it here but early this month the mod was actually split into four content modules which would be released as separate sub-mods with cross-content - that's the only way Rise of Ages could stay alive. More details on Discord (totallynotbait).
And apparently another image hosting which I've been using got yeeted but the thread is outdated anyway so I'll probably rework it this weekend. Unfortunate news is that y'all would have to update our support banner again lol sorry for that.
That's all for today I guess see ya later this was just a quick notice that we're not dead (yet).

AddonIcons3.png

Consider this mod's age and the lack of updates on it over that timeframe I'm not really surprised.
But, but don't think anything yet:

The approach that is being taken is very unusual, and interesting at the same time, I've seen other mods that have split for various reasons (said reasons didn't include content crutching, atleast that's the idea I get from 'with cross content' being mentioned, I don't and will not join a discord to get the real answer) it's still an unusual choice.

Donno what else to say, if it happens, good luck for as long as it takes.
Quality>Quantity

oof just finished fixing the thread
hopefully for the last time since now the forums actually support uploading images directly and imgur suddenly started working for me for some reason
also updated info about the mod and the team
don't forget to replace the support banner in your signature this won't happen again I swear

Damm, this is actually such a lit Forum Page already, I hope, I will be able to do more in the future <3

Back
Top Bottom