tModLoader Rise of Ages - Backwoods and Druids

Absolutely loving the idea. Druids are often my favorite class so I'm looking forward to this. Heard about the mod through Chippy Gaming's video about your Consolaria mod [which I'm going to download very soon].

Will this mod require me to start a fresh world or can I jump in with an in-progress one? {I know, it's far from release, so you might not have an answer to that yet, but I thought I'd ask while I'm posting already ^_^}

Absolutely loving the idea. Druids are often my favorite class so I'm looking forward to this. Heard about the mod through Chippy Gaming's video about your Consolaria mod [which I'm going to download very soon].

Will this mod require me to start a fresh world or can I jump in with an in-progress one? {I know, it's far from release, so you might not have an answer to that yet, but I thought I'd ask while I'm posting already ^_^}
I'd say a fresh world would always be your best bet with content mods, just to get a feel for them from the get-go.
That said, this mod is clearly going to contain some very significant worldgen, such as the entire Backwoods biome, and presumably a lot of unique content gated behind it, along with who knows what other content such as ores, chests, dungeons, etc., so a new world will probably be a very big reccommendation.

This mod does seem to have alot of potential and that spritework is great, hoping the druid class is more than just a magic class reskin though. I'm gonna keep an eye on this mod and I hope it does well.

Release or what ;)
No.
I mean, I'm not one of the developers, but I think I can safely speak for them when I say: No.

Rule 1 of waiting for something to release: Don't ask for a release date or for it to be released early.
Unless a developer has set a publicly-known release schedule, it should always be assumed something is done "when it's ready".
After all, pretty certain all of us would prefer a quality mod be released, rather than a bug-riddled half-finished and terribly rushed mess.

Thread is updated! Just did some changes to the team list and added spoilers from our Discord server.

The reason for it was the deletion of the image hosting I used followed by disappearing of all the pictures in the thread.
Everything is back in place now, but:

Everyone who had our support banner added to their signature has to change its code to the new one (which is displayed in the end of the thread, like before), because the old one is now broken.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thread is updated! Just did some changes to the team list and added spoilers from our Discord server.

The reason for it was the deletion of the image hosting I used followed by disappearing of all the pictures in the thread.
Everything is back in place now, but:

Everyone who had our support banner added to their signature has to change its code to the new one (which is displayed in the end of the thread, like before), because the old one is now broken.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
If I may ask, even though it's not relevant to the thread- Which image host was that? It's unusual to see them suddenly go belly-up.

Miss the spoilers?

Meet the Beast forms - one of the most important Druid features! Each form is bound to a corresponding armor set and comes with a set of unique abilities.

The Bat form gives player flight, fast dashes and magical bombs. However, it lacks some armor and, like every other beast form, doesn't allow to use any items. You can easily return to your human form any moment though. Wreaths can be filled with any attacks while in beast mode, allowing to make use of its bonuses in any form.

That's it for today, but from now on the news will come out more often, keeping you in touch with our progress on development!

giphy.gif

were can I get this mod its not in the browser. is it not out?
As has been stated several times already, no, the mod is not released yet.

Miss the spoilers?

Meet the Beast forms - one of the most important Druid features! Each form is bound to a corresponding armor set and comes with a set of unique abilities.

The Bat form gives player flight, fast dashes and magical bombs. However, it lacks some armor and, like every other beast form, doesn't allow to use any items. You can easily return to your human form any moment though. Wreaths can be filled with any attacks while in beast mode, allowing to make use of its bonuses in any form.

That's it for today, but from now on the news will come out more often, keeping you in touch with our progress on development!

giphy.gif
That's awesome! That said, you say one of the most important Druid features- there will be other features from the sounds of it, yes?
Details have been scant about what exactly the druid does, at least around here from what I can see, and I'm hungry for information!

And as much as I love the shapeshifting concept, it's not as exciting as it could have been since you've been kinda beaten to the punch by Qwerty's (admittedly not feature-complete) shapeshifter "class" and Thorium's various shape-shifting... thingies. That said, your implementation already looks more polished than either and its not even released! (No offense to either Divermansam or Qwerty or various other team members on either mod-)

On that topic however, something that both those mods have issues with in the Shapeshifting department is that there's a lack of variety. Not many options per "tier", you're pretty much stuck with 1, maybe 2 forms on any occasion, at least unless you use old forms with weak attacks. Since this is tied to armors, I fear it'll be the same case. Are there plans to have a decent variety of forms, or a way for people to scale the stats of a favourite form rather than being forced to use another with a different playstyle because of stats?

That's awesome! That said, you say one of the most important Druid features- there will be other features from the sounds of it, yes?
Details have been scant about what exactly the druid does, at least around here from what I can see, and I'm hungry for information!

And as much as I love the shapeshifting concept, it's not as exciting as it could have been since you've been kinda beaten to the punch by Qwerty's (admittedly not feature-complete) shapeshifter "class" and Thorium's various shape-shifting... thingies. That said, your implementation already looks more polished than either and its not even released! (No offense to either Divermansam or Qwerty or various other team members on either mod-)

On that topic however, something that both those mods have issues with in the Shapeshifting department is that there's a lack of variety. Not many options per "tier", you're pretty much stuck with 1, maybe 2 forms on any occasion, at least unless you use old forms with weak attacks. Since this is tied to armors, I fear it'll be the same case. Are there plans to have a decent variety of forms, or a way for people to scale the stats of a favourite form rather than being forced to use another with a different playstyle because of stats?
We planning add special ability to use old tier forms on later stages.

oh ok

Back
Top Bottom