tModLoader Rise of Ages - Backwoods and Druids

I find it a little sad that this mod has been in dev for so long, that it's having its thunder taken away right now by mods like Starlight River, which has an entire dev and release plan in motion

I hope you guys have your own ace of your sleeve to this.

I find it a little sad that this mod has been in dev for so long, that it's having its thunder taken away right now by mods like Starlight River, which has an entire dev and release plan in motion

I hope you guys have your own ace of your sleeve to this.

Sadly, we just don't have enough resources to keep up with such mechanically complex mods, so we're trying our best to compensate that with consistent well-balanced content and vanilla integration (as boring as it sounds). So, don't expect anything too flashy, but rather a polished, enjoyable experience.

Sadly, we just don't have enough resources to keep up with such mechanically complex mods, so we're trying our best to compensate that with consistent well-balanced content and vanilla integration (as boring as it sounds). So, don't expect anything too flashy, but rather a polished, enjoyable experience.
Hey there's nothing wrong with that! If anything, Starlight River seems a bit overcomplicated in some aspects. I like it when mods fit in well with Vanilla Terraria rather than trying to overshadow it completelycoughCalamitycough

Hey, don't worry about trying to keep up with STR, this looks AMAZING already, I really want to be able to play BOTH at the same time! That'll be good! It doesn't matter if your mod is better than another or not, only if A) it is good (which it is) and B) they are compatible.
That druid class.... just looks.... indescribably good......
(Also I think a good idea for the Druid class would be that the armours have upgrades that have the same Beast form mechanics but have beter stats, that way some cool forms woon't become useless)

But... erm...
"Release Date: Spring 2020"
What happened there? Was there some sorta delay?

Delays are infinitely better than :red:ty releases. Take all the time you need to make a mod you're happy with, polish up all the rough edges, and we'll enjoy it when we get it.

I'd feel this way even if I wasn't happy with vanilla 1.4 for the meantime. A bad first release means bad word of mouth means an unpopular mod. I don't think anybody wants that.

Delays are infinitely better than :red:ty releases. Take all the time you need to make a mod you're happy with, polish up all the rough edges, and we'll enjoy it when we get it.

I'd feel this way even if I wasn't happy with vanilla 1.4 for the meantime. A bad first release means bad word of mouth means an unpopular mod. I don't think anybody wants that.
I absolutely agree, but it's more than that

Maaaybe literally asking for drama on an open forum is not the best idea...?
pfff, drama, you people don't even know the meaning of that word.

I'm not looking for things like specific names or anything branding like that, that stays confidential. Just a transparent, general overview update on the situation.
If it's public info on discord I don't see the problem in trying to ask for it here, the mod has been on delays and I'm curious why, that's all.

It really doesn't help that there's an an abandoned early access game that shares the same name as this mod, and is also a terraria clone (just saying)
no i'm god damn sick of it
And there's clearly a problem that *should* be addressed

Wanna talk about it?
the god damn sick post was a joke please don't take me serious

yes I'm kinda tired of the mod not being complete after all this time, but if we weren't still passionate about it we would stop a long time ago

the only problems are poor resource management in the team, perfectionism and lack of experience

also I started doing some programming work such as tweaking weapons and visuals so this should speed up the process a bit

hopefully I made the current situation clear & there's nothing to be concerned about

the god damn sick post was a joke please don't take me serious
felt more like honesty, and I would feel the same...

yes I'm kinda tired of the mod not being complete after all this time, but if we weren't still passionate about it we would stop a long time ago

the only problems are poor resource management in the team, perfectionism and lack of experience

also I started doing some programming work such as tweaking weapons and visuals so this should speed up the process a bit

hopefully I made the current situation clear & there's nothing to be concerned about
crystal clear, this is sadly how the modding scene runs these days outside of QoL mods

I know what you mean. Everyone wants the project to be a representation of themselves and their own self-image. That's entirely fair. I fully endorse a positive self-image for all designers. Designing is hard, grueling work. It's also sadly true that the amount of enjoyment and play-time people get out of it is basically less than a tenth of the work that actually goes into it.

One thing people do enjoy, however, is receiving a release, and receiving a promise of future updates. Even near ones. When there's a roadmap people can follow and specific fun new things to enjoy, people will look forward to those new releases with the amazing new features, even if it's just a few. That's what keeps mods alive and running.

If you only did 85% of the work on 60% of the mod, that means there's 10%(ish) more content and 5% more polish in the near future, which is quite doable, and then another 10% of planned content a few months later along with some more polish, as well as critical user feedback that you have the complete freedom to accept or deny based on what you know to be the realm of possibility for the team.

Either way, it looks like an absolutely lovely mod, and I am wishing everyone every bit of happiness and the least amount of stress. Y'all deserve it! ^_^

^Words of wisdom, a release of any kind is better than no release at all.
I mean this mod no harm it's just I'm also tied up in the whole *can't get spriters to do draw even basic things* crap that's stopping me from making what I want, and it sucks to hear the same from others.

Back
Top Bottom