tModLoader Rise of the Colossus

What do you think?

• Total voters
The crab wouldn’t use that sprite if it went into the mod, I’m just visualizing an idea
It’s important to note that even when showcasing ideas, you will need to get permission first and credit the original artist. If you’re going to publicly display a sprite it, you still need to do those things - get permission first and credit. Please update your thread to remove any sprites that do not adhere to this.

It’s important to note that even when showcasing ideas, you will need to get permission first and credit the original artist. If you’re going to publicly display a sprite it, you still need to do those things - get permission first and credit. Please update your thread to remove any sprites that do not adhere to this.
Ok. yeah, i'll get rid of it. You're right I should have asked first.

THAN WHY DO THEY POST IT ONLINE AS THE EXACT IMAGE AND NOT A PICTURE OF IT SO IT CAN'T BE COPIED

NO, I am saying that all these "talented spriters" are posting the actual picture to show it off, to prevent it from being stolen, people should post a picture of a picture of the sprite so it cannot be copied, or use a watermark.

NO, I am saying that all these "talented spriters" are posting the actual picture to show it off, to prevent it from being stolen, people should post a picture of a picture of the sprite so it cannot be copied, or use a watermark.
bro its in the calamity mod for terraria, he took the sprites from the wiki and changed colors.

oooooh, I thought that he found the sprites online...
sorry, this whole debate is pointless...

imagine people having the need to put a watermark on their sprites to prevent them from being stealed..... maybe people could just use some common sense

except for the fact that I stole sprites from calamity... I haven't except for maybe the bat from waaaaaay early in this mod's development. the bat sprite was changed before this whole thing even started, and was gonna come out with the Soul Seeker Class update along with other sprite tweaks and fixes. In fact, here's the sprite I had made a while ago.
pixil-gif-drawing (3).gif

Also some people have told me that the Star Spliter, previously called Nova Scythe, looks too much like calamity's soul harvester... that's mainly because the Star Spliter was one of the first scythes I ever sprited, and I was using the soul harvester as an example, to kinda learn how to get the blade to look correct, how to shade it, etc. It's not like my thought process is: "wow look at that beautifully made sprite, i'm going to steal it." It's more like "wow, look at that beautifully made sprite, I wonder how much I can learn from it." Since then, I have been able to make scythe sprites on my own because I have learned from calamity's sprites and how they do it. Now that I know how to even make a scythe sprite in the first place, I can re-sprite the Star Spliter and make it look more unique. You have to start somewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom