tModLoader Risk of Rain 2 Mod (Cancelled)

Jectu

Plantera
Risk Of Rain 2 Mod
icon.png

I have began work on a brand new mod for Terraria! It will feature many things from Risk of Rain 2, including;
-All 10 survivors currently in the game and new ones that come out in the future as armor sets
-All enemies current and future as enemies in terraria
-All bosses ported into terraria
-Summon-able turrets, drones and much, much more!

This will be a long tern project of mine and i'll be constantly updating the mod as I recreate more content. I understand that there is already a mod for terraria that adds risk of rain 1 equipment into terraria so i'll avoid adding new equipment for now, even though risk of rain 2 has many new items than risk of rain 1.

Currently, the mod is not intended for regular play as there is lot's of balancing required and lots of work to get done. In it's current state the mod is intended as a snapshot of what there is to come.

Pictures
commando.gif
mercenarysblade.png
mercenary.gif
gunnerdronebuff (1).png
gunnerdrone.gif
incineratordronebuff (1).png
incineratordrone.gif
huntressgif.gif
huntressbow1 (1) (1).png

VERSIONS
v0.0.3 of the Risk of Rain 2 Mod includes

-The commando's armor
-The mercenary's armor
-The mercenary's sword

I've not yet created recipes for the mod so all items will need to be cheated in with something like cheat sheet or hero's mod.
First version of the mod was going to be v0.0.1, however, I've since added a mod icon and edited the description slightly.
v0.0.4 of the Risk of Rain 2 Mod includes

-Recipes for the Commando's armor
-25 gold bars and 10 glass at an anvil for helmet
-40 gold bars at an anvil for breastplate
-35 gold bars at an anvil for leggings

-Recipes for the Mercenary's armor
-25 platinum bars and 10 glass at an anvil for helmet
-40 platinum bars at an anvil for breastplate
-35 platinum bars at an anvil for leggings

-Recipe for the Mercenary's sword
-15 platinum at an anvil

-balancing damage and defense of all items
v0.0.5 of the Risk of Rain 2 Mod includes

-New Gunner drone
-Craft-able with 15 platinum ingots (this recipe will be updated in a future release)
v0.0.6 of the Risk of Rain 2 Mod includes

-Updated Mod icon
This was meant to be added in v0.0.5 but I forgot
v0.0.7 of the Risk of Rain 2 Mod includes

-Incinerator Drone pet added
-Just like the gunner drone, crafted with 15 platinum. All drones will initially be crafted with 15 platinum bars until I add custom materials
v0.0.8 of the Risk of Rain 2 Mod includes

-Huntress update
-Huntress bow, crafted with 15 platinum. homes in on enemies
-Huntress armor crafted with same ingredients as commandos armor for now
-Credit to Kiraa for the bow sprite :)

This is available on the mod browser, however, I will include a Github download for those who want to download it from there. If anyone wants to be a part of this mod and aid in the creation of it, feel free to create your own branch of the mod. If features in your branch are good, then they will be added to the mod and you will be credited for your input.

Last edited:
i really like that someone is porting all the ror2 things to terraria, is one of my favorite games.
i want ask you something, are you searching spriters? because i could contribute

v0.0.4 is now here! You no longer need to cheat the items in as there are recipes for them :)

Will this work alongside the "Risk of Slime Rain" mod?
This is a completely separate mod and I am in no contact with the author of the risk of slime rain mod so I have no plans for this mod to work in conjunction with risk of slime rain. As Risk of slime rain currently only adds equipment from the first risk of rain game, I will be avoiding adding equipment for now, even though many things are different in risk of rain 2. The risk of slime rain project is currently a very different mod to mine and is a very good mod that i'd recommend you try. This will, however, be compatible with the risk of slime rain mod and both will be able to be used simultaneously. The same goes for many mods on tmodloader.

This is a completely separate mod and I am in no contact with the author of the risk of slime rain mod so I have no plans for this mod to work in conjunction with risk of slime rain. As Risk of slime rain currently only adds equipment from the first risk of rain game, I will be avoiding adding equipment for now, even though many things are different in risk of rain 2. The risk of slime rain project is currently a very different mod to mine and is a very good mod that i'd recommend you try. This will, however, be compatible with the risk of slime rain mod and both will be able to be used simultaneously. The same goes for many mods on tmodloader.

As long as I enjoy me some mobile turrets with the Engie.
*(Note, when you do get to dabble with that, make them compatible with ExpandedSentries)

I'll be releasing drones over the next little while. I am coding them as pets for now as summons is something to advanced for me at time of writing. I will definitely turn them into summons in the future when i'm more skilled at modding though so don't worry :)

Last edited:
updated mod icon added in v0.0.6, this was meant to be added in v0.0.5 but I forgot to include it

Tmodloader's servers have been down so I've been unable to publish updated versions of the mod. I will be updating the Risk of Rain 2 Mod as soon as i find out the servers are back online.

v0.07 adds the incinerator drone. More drones were going to be included but I need to sort out some bugs. In the future I aim to have the incinerator drone spit fire when I turn it into a summon.

there are so many things i'd like to add to this mod but i am quite time constrained with having to do school from home and I am lacking in the skills to implement some of these features I'd really like to add. To not burn myself out, I am making the development of this mod lower priority. This does not mean i'm quitting work on this mod. I will still update it from time to time but updates will be far less frequent than they have been so far. I will also continue to release other smaller mods from time to time such as the red hat mod (link in my signature) just to have more diversity in what im creating for this game and to better build my understanding on how mods work.

P.S, I know this paragraph contained many grammatical errors :p

Back
Top Bottom