Map-Adventure R'lyeh Nexus

Wow... thanks, roguelight! I'm really glad you enjoyed both maps! :D

And yeah, feel free to do whatever you want with my maps, and thanks for asking! If they can help you develop your skills as a game designer, I'm happy to contribute to your cause! And actually, if you want to discuss this more, feel free to PM me.

If you seriously start working on it, keep me posted. I'd love to see what you come up with! :D

And yeah, feel free to do whatever you want with my maps, and thanks for asking! If they can help you develop your skills as a game designer, I'm happy to contribute to your cause! And actually, if you want to discuss this more, feel free to PM me. I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thank you so much! Yeah, this will really help!

Feisty! I finally came up with the concept for the game adaptation for these maps: Red Hat Nexus! A combination of Red Hat Castle and R'lyeh nexus! The castle is bigger housing rifts to the different areas of the nexus which is home to their respective bosses! Each boss offers the new abilities starting with none other than the all seeing eye himself: EoC which grants you the ability to high jump! I'm going to keep to the RHC's abilities but give them to the bosses of RN.

Gandhi, I was curious if you would mind me removing falling damage from the maps... I want to do that so that I don't mess up falling damage and also because, well, it's a metroidvania! I haven't come across any metroidvanias with falling damage, so for my sake and also just for the sake of it, I'm gonna remove it.

Another thing, expert mode... will the expert mode accessories and items be allowed? Such as the shield of Cthulhu, once you killed the boss is it gonna be allowed or no? I'm also planning of replacing the EoW with something else as I'm fairly new to coding and I don't know how to implement a multi-segment boss, but I will first give it a try! If I can't do it then, I'll find a replacement. Anyway I'm gonna get started on RHN(Red Hat Nexus) now so thanks in advance!

Hey, good to hear from you, Roguelight! I actually didn't realize that you posted on February 24th until now. Whoops!

That's really cool that you're combining the maps! It seems like there's a lot of potential for some creative integration! And yeah, go ahead and remove fall damage! I think that's one of the biggest added frustrations for people anyway.

Regarding expert mode accessories: Yeah, I think I will allow the players to use them for the sake of preserving some of the feel of a standard Terraria run. Also, it does naturally balance out the significant increase in difficulty. I haven't done any serious work on Expert Nexus yet, although I have most of it planned out in detail. Lately I've been distracted with a different game design project - a Super Mario World romhack.

I'm excited for your project! It seems like a good challenge to develop your programming skills and a creative problem with a lot of potential. And it's cool for me to see more life breathed into my maps, and to know that you enjoyed the them so much in the first place! So thank you!

Definitely keep me posted! :D

Last edited:
In Expert mode, the blue golden chest in the Jungle biome with the Queen Bee arena is empty, is that a mistake or is it supposed to be like this? Because Expert mode is quite hard without the gear from the chest.

In Expert mode, the blue golden chest in the Jungle biome with the Queen Bee arena is empty, is that a mistake or is it supposed to be like this? Because Expert mode is quite hard without the gear from the chest.

That is definitely a mistake. I'm not sure how that happened. Thank you for the heads-up! I'll look at it later when I get home.

Sorry about that!

Juraj_SVK,

A new version is being uploaded now, with the blue chest fixed. It was supposed to include a Mana Crystal, Molten Fury, Endless Quiver, and the Blade of Grass.

I didn't care much for the labyrinth (I loathe mazes in any game), so I did some pickaxing in there to reach places. The maze-converted underground desert also felt out of place when compared to the rest of your map, which was very nice and original.
I think the town could use a bit of improving, it was a bit bland (I really like the skyscraper idea, maybe put windows into them, balconies etc., give them detail), but as I said elsewhere, several adventure maps have utterly spoiled me, so of course feel free to pay it no mind.
I like the green-brick area's weird artsy look.

Can't think of much else to say other than: I really enjoyed playing it, so thank you for making it!
I definitely recommend anyone to check this out. :)

I didn't care much for the labyrinth (I loathe mazes in any game), so I did some pickaxing in there to reach places. The maze-converted underground desert also felt out of place when compared to the rest of your map, which was very nice and original.
I think the town could use a bit of improving, it was a bit bland (I really like the skyscraper idea, maybe put windows into them, balconies etc., give them detail), but as I said elsewhere, several adventure maps have utterly spoiled me, so of course feel free to pay it no mind.
I like the green-brick area's weird artsy look.

Can't think of much else to say other than: I really enjoyed playing it, so thank you for making it!
I definitely recommend anyone to check this out. :)

Hey, thank you for playing, and for taking the time to give feedback!

I have gotten fiercely varied opinions about the maze section. It seems like people either love it or hate it. Personally, I'm happy with it as a maze... but I just wish that the mechanical bosses didn't have to be fought at night. The labyrinth was meant to be a more interesting and explorative alternative to standing around for 15 real-life minutes waiting to attempt a boss encounter again. I want it to be fun, and if using a pickaxe there makes it more fun, then go for it. :)

Thank you for pointing out the blandness of the city! You're completely right; it's the aesthetic weakest link right now. Balconies and windows are great ideas, too! I'll spruce things up a little for the next update. Lol I have a lot of creative energy for surrealism, but task me with making a strikingly normal and nice regular environment and I'm utterly lost.

Thanks again! I'm glad you enjoyed the map! :)

I have gotten fiercely varied opinions about the maze section.
Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it, can't please everyone. If anything, it's good that yours was optional! ;)

Edit: I saw you did actually create windows, sort of, in your city. Empty dark holes.
I decided to mess with them:
terr-skyscraper.png

I got very sick of the yellow (perhaps I should have used regular glass), but heck, maybe it'll give you some inspiration.
I'm not much of a wizard with wires and stuff, but maybe you can force windows to occasionally switch on and off at random? Although you'd have to lose the window railing, replacing it with gemspark blocks instead of walls.
But that'd be something. :)

Last edited:
Where is the corrupt chest? I've look at the map as to where everything I've discovered is and I've double-checked everywhere. But I can't find it. I'm currently about to fight Golem and Duke so if it's after that point just let me know

[QUOTE = "Рептилия да Снек, должность: 1432859, участник: 40491"]
Идея для этой карты выглядит интересной. R'lyeh должен символизировать что-то? Все, что я знаю, это то, что это древний лавкрафтовский язык.
[/ QUOTE] а как карту скачать?

Back
Top Bottom