Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Owls are birds as well, just like penguins and cardeals. So they not being usable in roasted bird recipe is a inconsistency

I seem to recall at some point, Owls being specifically not included in Roasted Bird, because they were pretty big compared to the other birds being used in Roasted Bird.

Owls don't have enough meat to be edible.
Looking at this diagram, all their skin is very close to their skeleton, the plumage of owls makes them look big, all the aesthetics of owls come from the feathers.
1621216101063.png

If you observe any great horned owl in its claws, it will appear that it has little pants.
1621216631079.png

Hello, came back here 1 year later and I saw your messages. So, the point of owls having too little meat makes no sense, because you can craft Roasted Bird with small birds like jays, for example, which, due to their size, have even less meat than an owl.
And what Leinfors said about owls not being usable to craft Roasted Bird due to their size makes no sense. I've even pointed out that they have visually the same size of a penguim (and also that of a seagull if you compare them), and he simply said that "in Terraria they don't". If he gave a reasonable explanation for that, I would understand, but simply giving a poor explanation for the sake of doing it makes no sense, and therefore being unable to make Roasted Bird with them shouldn't be intended.

Also, the recently added macaws can't be used to craft Roasted Bird either. Are you gonna say that it's because they are "too big"?

Back
Top Bottom